Drizzit Saga Dyanheir problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

I have the non expert install version. It does include BG!NPC and the Drizzit Saga. I am not sure what is going on really. I go to Wilderness Lake, I talk to Regis, I find Drizzit, we fight gnolls. NOW .. If I talk to drizzit, he'll I got to go back to IWD, and takes off. How I found this out, was I wanted to talk about Dyanhier's spell book?

So I don't talk to him, and take him over to Regis, the conversation has me and my party and Drizzit ported to the Nine Hells, I drop yet another party member to take on Wulfgar. So now I figure I can ask Drizzit about the spellbook. I do, and guess what? He says I got business in IWD, and boogies out on me.. him AND Wulfgar just leave, leaving me and FOUR of my other lvl five party members, alone in Nine Hells.

I never at any time get anything BUT this response! I have LG male paladin, 20 reputation. Needless to say, I reloaded :whistling:

It is at NO TIME, thus far possible, to take to Drizzit without him leaving.

I decided to take another character out to meet Drizzit, a CG female fighter. She does not have Dyhanier in her party. Guess what? Same thing happens! Kivan and Ajantis both recognize Drizzit just fine. I will try one more old save where Dyahnier has not even been rescued yet, but I got a feeling, it's going to be the same problem.

Is there any other work around besides never ever talking to Drizzit? And if that's the case how do I ever complete Dyhanier's quest?

#2 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

I have the non expert install version. It does include BG!NPC and the Drizzit Saga. I am not sure what is going on really. I go to Wilderness Lake, I talk to Regis, I find Drizzit, we fight gnolls. NOW .. If I talk to drizzit, he'll I got to go back to IWD, and takes off. How I found this out, was I wanted to talk about Dyanhier's spell book?

So I don't talk to him, and take him over to Regis, the conversation has me and my party and Drizzit ported to the Nine Hells, I drop yet another party member to take on Wulfgar. So now I figure I can ask Drizzit about the spellbook. I do, and guess what? He says I got business in IWD, and boogies out on me.. him AND Wulfgar just leave, leaving me and FOUR of my other lvl five party members, alone in Nine Hells.

I never at any time get anything BUT this response! I have LG male paladin, 20 reputation. Needless to say, I reloaded :whistling:

I decided to take another character out to meet Drizzit, a CG female fighter. She does not have Dyhanier in her party. Guess what? Same thing happens! Kivan and Ajantis both recognize Drizzit just fine. I will try one more old save where Dyahnier has not even been rescued yet, but I got a feeling, it's going to be the same problem.

Is there any other work around besides never ever talking to Drizzit? And if that's the case how do I ever complete Dyhanier's quest?

Sorry I have some typos in here. I talk to Drizzit at any time and he leaves, and apparently so does Wulfgar

#3 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

I just did a run through with a character who had not done the dyhanir rescue, and same thing happens, if at any time I talk to drizzit, even after we get to nine hells and have wulfgar, he up and leaves saying he needs to go to IWD, taking wulfgar with him

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

This is noticed journal entry problem in The Drizzt Saga mod, you need to talk to him, so he leaves(in the Wilderness Lake)... you'll meat him later, after you have dealt with Sarevok, don't worry. :whistling:
By the way, it has nothing to do with BGT. Here read more, thanks.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 October 2008 - 01:34 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

This is noticed journal entry problem in The Drizzt Saga mod, you need to talk to him, so he leaves(in the Wilderness Lake)... you'll meat him later, after you have dealt with Sarevok, don't worry. :whistling:
By the way, it has nothing to do with BGT. Here read more, thanks.

Thanks Janos but I am NOT talking about the journal entry!

HE SPLITS ON ME

I've played three characters, two of them had the entry, one has not been to the gnoll stronghold, and Dyanheir is not a factor.

My problem IS:

If I talk to him, even in nine hells, even with wulfgar in the party the very first time I talk to him, regardless, he says I have to get back to IWD and LEAVES ME, and if I am in nine hells with him, wulfgar goes also, leaving me and my group of four, right there.

WHY is he just splitting on me, even after we're committed. This basically means, I cannot talk to him at all, period.

#6 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

Yes I know about that forum also, and have also posted the problem over there as well. But since I am playing this install, when I do run into problems, I post at the origonal mod forum and the one here, as I am playing this build. Another problem I had with BG1NPC mod, involved that forum and this one.

I KNOW ABOUT the bugged journal entry, and I have no problem with that, problem is this guy up and leaves the second I talk to him no matter where I am with him!

NOW maybe I should NEVER talk to him, until I get through the Nine Hells? If so tell me. Seems to me something is wrong when you have committed to that area and Wulfgar is now in your party, and he leaves, right?

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

... I post at the original mod forum and the one here...

But it should be here if somewhere in SHS. It has nothing to do with the BGT as there is no such a thing as "the non expert install version" of BGT(Baldur's Gate Trilogy), just BWP(the Big World Project), as the specific problem comes from the The Drizzt Saga. Get it, got it, good.

... problem is this guy up and leaves the second I talk to him no matter where I am with him!

Yes, AND??? As if you force him to join your party, he goes along yes. But as the mod is coded so that he should join you in Ulgoth's Beard, so he goes there if you talk to him in Wilderness Lake, and then go to Ulgoth's Beard, and you shouldn't go there if you haven't killed Sarevok... <_< Does it now make sense? And no, you can't keep him in the whole game in BGT.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 October 2008 - 03:22 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

It is an incompatibility with Drizzt saga and BG1 NPC. From FlySoup's ( modder of Drizzt Saga) and BG1 NPC alter the Drizzt dialog confrontation where Dyn's journal global doesn't set because Drizzt joining via Drizzt Saga cuts off the dialog and the quest global for Dyn's quest doesn't set.. Look at the read me for quests in BG1 NPC and you can find the global to set to get the quest.

The parting dialogs in Drizzt's Saga are one way. Leaves or stays, unless you "role play" and think about kicking him out in an enclosed place where he can't approach you.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#9 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

It is an incompatibility with Drizzt saga and BG1 NPC. From FlySoup's ( modder of Drizzt Saga) and BG1 NPC alter the Drizzt dialog confrontation where Dyn's journal global doesn't set because Drizzt joining via Drizzt Saga cuts off the dialog and the quest global for Dyn's quest doesn't set.. Look at the read me for quests in BG1 NPC and you can find the global to set to get the quest.

The parting dialogs in Drizzt's Saga are one way. Leaves or stays, unless you "role play" and think about kicking him out in an enclosed place where he can't approach you.

So I'll talk to him, he leaves me, and I'll meet him later after defeating Sarvok, and THEN the Drizzet Saga can begin? That's fine with me :blink:, I just did not want to miss the drizzit saga cause he ran off .. well somewhere.. IWD or where ever

Part of my confusion was, I had seen Regis who was looking for him, I leave him in the party long enough to take him to Regis, Regis talks to him, and then ports us to Nine Hell region, I pretty sure I couldn't survive that LOL. So what you are saying is, talk to him and let him run off instead of taking him back to Regis and get ported to Nine Hells, that it is possible to play the Drizzit Saga LATER, after the main game has been played, am I understanding you correctly.

thank you so much for helping clear my confusion

#10 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

So I'll talk to him, he leaves me, and I'll meet him later after defeating Sarvok, and THEN the Drizzet Saga can begin? That's fine with me :blink:, I just did not want to miss the drizzit saga cause he ran off .. well somewhere.. IWD or where ever

Part of my confusion was, I had seen Regis who was looking for him, I leave him in the party long enough to take him to Regis, Regis talks to him, and then ports us to Nine Hell region, I pretty sure I couldn't survive that LOL. So what you are saying is, talk to him and let him run off instead of taking him back to Regis and get ported to Nine Hells, that it is possible to play the Drizzit Saga LATER, after the main game has been played, am I understanding you correctly.

thank you so much for helping clear my confusion

I'll reset that global also as per the read me Hoppy, ty for pointing that out. I somehow missed that

#11 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

Hoppy, can I double check with you please?

I entered the console command via clua

We encounter Drizzit, say our good byes.

For the Drizzit Saga we will meet again at the end of BG I which IMHO makes a LOT of sense as we'll be an appropriate level.

No mention is made of her journal at that time, because as I understand it, he hasn't found it either, but by entering the clua command we WILL eventually meet up with him while wandering around here and there right? From the read me it seems to be that can happen any number of outdoor areas, at any time? I am trying not to read too much of the read me, to avoid spoilage :crying:

But without having met Drizzit again I just want to make sure, given that I typed in the correct command, and I did, that it will eventually happen? And that, at the end of the first game, I will get a chance to do the Drizzit saga, when I am not walking through hell (and it WOULD be a short walk :devil: ..with my level five fab four.

#12 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

As if you force him to join your party, he goes along yes. But as the mod is coded so that he should join you in Ulgoth's Beard, so he goes there if you talk to him in Wilderness Lake, and then go to Ulgoth's Beard, and you shouldn't go there if you haven't killed Sarevok...

I don't think that is right. LadyRolePlay has told you, that she was in the nine hells and that before Ulgoth's Beard. That is the normal "Drizzt Saga". You talked about erebusants own "Drizzt Saga" with his own fixes, who he has moved the queststart to Ulgoth's Beard. LadyRolePlay will not have the chance to meet Drizzt later in the game, if she dropped him out. flysoup asked for someone who will take over his mod and so we talked about ideas and have get the infos of erebusant here. But no new modversion of Drizzt Saga came out and no patch from erebusant for this. So each gamer play the "Drizzt Saga" as normal.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 16 October 2008 - 08:10 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World