Re The Vault

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

I talk to the duke, get ported outside Wyrm crossing, meet the fellow who wants the book.

IF I refuse, I get the book taken from me, from reading a bit, Nandin is supposed to show up outside Nashkell Inn? BUT I don't find him there. Someone said, they talked to Zurlong then went to Nashkel Inn, but all Zurlong does is keep taking twenty gold from me. Going to Nashkel the guy is not there outside the inn.

IF I give the book over to him voluntarily and go to Candlekeep, then I fight the three orge mages, and Nandel is there but he does NOT say anything at all to me, unable to talk to him at all.

If Nandin is not in front of or in or near the Naskel inn where do I need to go, all the journal entry said is the thief is headed south. Does that mean stoping at Friendly Arms, then Bergost, or should Nandel be in front of Nashkel Inn even without talking to Zurlong.

I kind of need to know just what to do next, given I can't find Nandin if the book is stolen from me, nor can I talk to him if I have the other book the first guy gave

ty.. btw playing BWP 5.4 non expert install

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Deleted your other post. In future, it might just be easier to ask a moderator to move any miscategorised posts. :cheers:

#3 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

I had time to do a quick run through before work, and yea stopping at every point South does work, but that's because there is no Nanlin. And I'm at the mines. Actually the mod and journal entries are well and clearly written and it's pretty fun thus far. All of this seems to play out as it should thus far, I have to stop at the front part of the mines to go to work.

BUT that's if one lets the book get stolen. If your character accepts the replacement book, in my game he shows up outside Candlekeep, he fights off three orge mages, tries to talk to Nanlin and nothing, Nanlin doesn't even say he has no response, just as well be clicking on a box to talk to it. I figure a dlg trigger is broken.

So ignore him and talk to the guard, with the book, oddly when I want to tell the guard I have the book, instead of one response I have the book here, in the conversation that statement is repeated, twice. Click the first and the guard will NOT acknowledge the book, click the second response and he does, and lets you in Candlekeep.

If I kept the phony book, and via the readme try to find Nanlin outside Nashkel inn, he doesn't show, nor has Zhurlong showed.

BTW

Didn't know about the moderators, hopefully won't make that mistake again, but if I do :D I'll give a holler, thanks