Can't enter hell in The Darkest Day

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 -Rusty-

-Rusty-

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:45 AM

I'm in Chapter 6 of the SoU campaign of BG2, and have started playing through the Riativin quest. I'm up to the point where I've just killed the banshee, and have been told to visit the temple of Talos in the Temple District of Athkatla. However, I'm also playing a cleric of Lathander and have already killed the priestess and storm knights in the temple. Baurian Arathor, who is supposed to teleport me to hell, simply isn't there. I tried using the CLUAConsole to summon him and get to hell that way, but although the dialogue with him ensues, he doesn't end up teleporting me there, regardless of what I say. If anybody has the area code for hell, where I can get the demon's talon, or some other solution to this problem, it would be much appreciated.

#2 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:53 AM

I'm in Chapter 6 of the SoU campaign of BG2, and have started playing through the Riativin quest. I'm up to the point where I've just killed the banshee, and have been told to visit the temple of Talos in the Temple District of Athkatla. However, I'm also playing a cleric of Lathander and have already killed the priestess and storm knights in the temple. Baurian Arathor, who is supposed to teleport me to hell, simply isn't there. I tried using the CLUAConsole to summon him and get to hell that way, but although the dialogue with him ensues, he doesn't end up teleporting me there, regardless of what I say. If anybody has the area code for hell, where I can get the demon's talon, or some other solution to this problem, it would be much appreciated.

That's a pity, I'd hopes that that TDD error would have been fixed by now, I had it when I last played TDD years ago, even though I'd had multi-strongholds added and hadn't wiped out the Talos temple. I can't remember the area-code, offhand, I think I just looked at the relevant area-codes within the TDD file of BG2:SOA and used MoveToArea() for all the codes until I found the right one.

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

Here you go
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=379702
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 -Rusty-

-Rusty-

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

Problem fixed. Thanks guys.

#5 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

Have you tried this to solve your problem?

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTALMISS", "GLOBAL", 0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTALMISS2", "GLOBAL", 0)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

@Leomar
That was in the thread I linked.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#7 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:21 AM

Yes I know, but I would know if he has used the CLUACode or if he has made the fix.

But now I think he used the CLUACode because he does none new installation. :whistling:

The TDD Fix we'll include in our next "BiG World Fixpack".

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

He wouldn't have to reinstall if he used Near Infinity to change the BCS as written in that post. Way less time consuming than a reinstall.

- King Diamond

#9 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:08 AM

Good to know. :D

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#10 Carleton

Carleton
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

Edit: I have found the TDD area code I was looking for, ARPO05. Haven't figured out how to stop a certain cut scene from crashing (most probably can't.) I could get continuity with a CLUA command equivalent to "cut scene = already done." No help needed right now (I hope), but I'm leaving this post here for future reference. My plan is to avoid it and teleport to ARPO05.

Summary of TDD quest
Beat Irenicus in Hell -> Elissime in Suldanesselar -> Candle keep -> East Haven -> Athkatla -> Suldanesselar Cut Scene (Crashes) -> Plagued Village (Desired Area code)

I'm finished with East Haven and the rusty scabbard map is supposed to appear after a cut scene in suldanessalar (explains how dead peasant woman = cyric.)

http://forum.cob.net...opic.php?t=3297 is a big list of area codes I used to probe for the unknown map. Tedious.

Edited by Carleton, 04 January 2010 - 12:19 AM.

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

Edit: I have found the TDD area code I was looking for, ARPO05. Haven't figured out how to stop a certain cut scene from crashing (most probably can't.) I could get continuity with a CLUA command equivalent to "cut scene = already done." No help needed right now (I hope), but I'm leaving this post here for future reference. My plan is to avoid it and teleport to ARPO05.

Summary of TDD quest
Beat Irenicus in Hell -> Elissime in Suldanesselar -> Candle keep -> East Haven -> Athkatla -> Suldanesselar Cut Scene (Crashes) -> Plagued Village (Desired Area code)

I'm finished with East Haven and the rusty scabbard map is supposed to appear after a cut scene in suldanessalar (explains how dead peasant woman = cyric.)

http://forum.cob.net...opic.php?t=3297 is a big list of area codes I used to probe for the unknown map. Tedious.

Is there an error report or message with the crash? The area you need revealed is not revealed by the cutscene but revealed by dialog with a creature in Suldanesselar:
IF
	GlobalGT("alagarsouth","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("SpawnDDtrav03","AR2800",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("SpawnDDtrav03","AR2800",1)
		CreateCreature("DDtrav03",[4512.3059],0) // Traveller
END

DDCUT01 is the first cutscene that apparently crashes for you:
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId(Player1)
		FadeToColor([20.0],0)
		StorePartyLocations()
		Wait(2)
		LeaveAreaLUA("ARPO10","",[-1.-1],0)
		ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPO10","",[-1.-1],0))
		ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPO10","",[-1.-1],0))
		ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPO10","",[-1.-1],0))
		ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPO10","",[-1.-1],0))
		ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("ARPO10","",[-1.-1],0))
		MultiPlayerSync()
		SetMasterArea("ARPO10")
		MultiPlayerSync()
		CreateCreature("DDlarala",[322.214],13) // Larala
		CreateCreature("DDhusban",[410.306],6) // Larala's Husband
		CreateCreature("SPY406",[245.260],0) // No such index
		Wait(1)
		FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
		StartCutScene("DDCUT02")
END

Now try to CLUA to the area mentioned to see if the area is OK and CLUA console the three creatures mentioned to see if they are OK. Something may have messed those files up and is incompatible with TDD.

Also can you post your Weidu log so that i can see what else you have installed? Thanks.

- King Diamond

#12 Carleton

Carleton
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

First thing is thank you for your help, spawning ddtrav03 solves my immediate problem. This is mostly academic now, but if you're curious, here are more details.

The cut scene actually crashes a minute into ddcut02 or later I'm guessing. I get some cut scene, then a map transfer to what is probably ddcut02. 3 generic fighter creatures, the wife, and husband spawn ok and then the game crashes causing my hard drive to work furiously at something without signs of stopping after 10+ minutes. If I knew how cut screens worked yesterday, I would have elaborated more. Sorry about that.

Error log as in baldur.err? If this isn't it, then I'll need help finding it. There might not be a log of the cut scene crash since I had to manually end it with task manager. I found Two different excerpts in it separated by many different logging sessions:

Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChVidImage24.cpp
Line: 5069

Exp: rClip.top >= 0 && rClip.top <= rClip.bottom && rClip.left >= 0 && rClip.left <= rClip.right

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

and

Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjCreature.cpp
Line: 12287

Exp: FALSE

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

Copy and paste of Weidu Install (Big World Recommended Minus BGT and dependent mods)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-A6XPPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Correct reporting of experience (EXE patch): 2
~SETUP-A6XPPATCH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remove 110% scaling of some experience (EXE patch): 2
~SETUP-A6CHARMPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (EXE patch): 3
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v8 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v8 BWP Fix
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.12: v1.12 BWP Fix
~TOA/SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #1 // Tales of Anegh (Weidu): v2.0
~TOA/SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #10 // Creature Balancing: v2.0
~TOA/SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #20 // AREA Balancing: v2.0
~TOA/SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #30 // Dialog & Script Balancing: v2.0
~TOA/SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #40 // Stores Balancing: v2.0
~TOA/SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #50 // Item Balancing: v2.0
~GBTHFKP/GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expanded Thief Stronghold: v2.19
~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 8
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl, v5
~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II, v7
~FADINGPROMISES/SETUP-FADINGPROMISES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fading Promises: 4
~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5
~C#AJANTIS_SVA/SETUP-C#AJANTIS_SVA.TP2~ #1 #0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII-SoA: open Beta 0.2.19
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista: v8.1
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Wild Mage: v8.1
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #6 // Select Kivan's Portrait -> Install Herd's Alternative Portrait for Kivan.: v8.1
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod: v8.1
~SETUP-KIDO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kido the Jester (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
~SETUP-KIDO.TP2~ #0 #3 // Which of Kido's portraits do you wish to install? -> Kido's old portraits (of version 1.0 till 2.1)?
~SETUP-ARIENA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ariena the Half-orc (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
~SETUP-ARIENA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Which of Ariena's portraits do you wish to install? -> Default portraits?
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v9
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Sorcerer
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-style flaming swords
~XANBG2VOICE/SETUP-XANBG2VOICE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's BG2 voice for BG1, v2
~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: 3.2
~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: 2
~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: 1
~YOSHIMO/YOSHIMO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA: 1
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v18 BWP Fix
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v18 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3
~SETUP-RES_FIXER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Resource Fixer: v1
~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2
~HOMEWARDBOUND/SETUP-HOMEWARDBOUND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Homeward Bound - V 2 - January 19, 2008
~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #1 // Kelsey/Solaufein Content: Banter and Romance Conflict OPTIONAL, RECOMMENDED ONLY for use with Solaufein V60 AND ABOVE
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Kelsey/Solaufein Romance Conflict (OPTIONAL, RECOMMENDED ONLY for use with Solaufein V60 AND ABOVE)
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Default Kelsey portrait set by Wynne Lurty? (set 1 of 3)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SAREVOKROMANCE/SAREVOKROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aeryn's Sarevok Romance for BGII: Throne of Bhaal: 1
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn: 8
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal: 8
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Crossmod Romance Conflicts: 8
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thrown Hammers: v1
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.31
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing your character's colour: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3990 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 10,000 gp: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Displacer Cloak: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Give fiends more staying power by increasing their hit points (this component has no effect unless Improved Fiends is installed): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6051 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Give Celestials slightly more staying power: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6111 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Vampires: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6138 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6162 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v11
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v8
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.31
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #14 // Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #15 // Prevent Druids from Wearing Helmets: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // Restrict Fighter/Druids to Armor that Druids Can Wear: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #18 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> Backstabbing Penalties Only: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~CURSED_ITEMS/CURSED_ITEMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Salk's cursed items revisions: v3.2
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Consistently spell-like Bhaalpowers: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #216 // Bard songs break invisibility -> Only the Jester song breaks invisibility: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Simple Thief script: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Simple Bard script: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Use Icewind Dale's Dimension Door animation: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Change the appearance of Valygar's armor: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #500 // Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999): v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #600 // Expanded temple services: v2.63
~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Drop Items on Frozen Death: v3
~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Drop Items on Disintegration: v3
~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Drop Items on Imprisonment: v3
~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Drop Items on Petrification: v3
~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Restore SoA Background Music for Promenade Cutscene: v3
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #11 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #10 // Small portraits for NPCs -> Merchants and minor NPCs: v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #110 // Change store buying prices -> Reduce to 67% (recommended): v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #175 // Change store selling prices -> Increase by 150% (recommended): v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #215 // Change gem and jewelry prices -> Reduce to 67% (recommended): v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #247 // Change quest gold rewards -> Reduce to 50%: v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #470 // Change creature gold carried -> Reduce to 50% (recommended): v3
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #520 // Realistic Kobold Commandos: v3
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // One Pixel Productions: v2 New Potion Graphics (2): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords (4): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords item patches (5): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #5 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #10 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves core (11): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Colourable Quarterstaves core item patches (12): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #12 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves mod patches (13): v2.7
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elves w. leather armour [EFB2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elves w. chain mail [EFB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elven cleric w. plate armour [EFC4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elven fighter w. plate armour [EFF4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human unarmoured [HFB1]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human w. leather armour [HFB2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human w. chain mail [HFB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human cleric w. plate mail [HFC4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #8 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human fighter w. plate mail [HFF4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human unarmoured mage [HFW1]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human mage w. light robe [HFW2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * fixed halfling progression [IFB1, IFB2, IFB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #12 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * fix frame error on cleric plate [IFC4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #13 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * dwarves w. chain mail [DMB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #14 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male elves w. chain mail [EMB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #15 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male human w. leather armour [HMB2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #16 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male human w. chain mail [HMB3]
~1PP_FEMALE_DWARVES/SETUP-1PP_FEMALE_DWARVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1ppv3: Unique Thief Avatars (patch) -> BGII - Unique Thief Avatars (patch)
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #2 // 1ppv3: Unique Thief Avatars (content)
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1ppv3: Improved Improved Galactygon's Avatar Switching
~CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v2
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.1 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...: v7.1
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v7.1
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?: v1.2eib9
~SETUP-CREFIXER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Creature Slot Fixer: v1
~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Increase songlist limit to 500: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Non-cumulative blindness effect (THAC0 malus): v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Enlarge tooltip scroll: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Apply profsmax.2da restrictions on char creation (BGT): v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // "Scrollable" mage spellbook: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #121 // "Scrollable" priest spellbook: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Fix cure drunkeness effect (#164): v0.5.1
~SETUP-ARIENA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Do you wish to install the Grand Mastery Fix?

Edited by Carleton, 04 January 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

OK thanks Carleton. This gives me a better idea as you noticed there are a series of cuts stemming form that DDCUT01 and one of your errors points to a creature corruption and the first one is probably an animation. Do the respected creatures display their strings and do the actions in this cut, DDCUT04?
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId(Player1)
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",MoveToPointNoInterrupt([3200.1167]))
		Wait(6)
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",MoveToPointNoInterrupt([3278.1160]))
		Wait(6)
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",MoveToPointNoInterrupt([3459.1236]))
		Wait(6)
		CreateCreature("DDbandi1",[3801.1155],4) // Soldier
		CreateCreature("DDbandi2",[3801.1155],3) // Soldier
		CreateCreature("DDbandi3",[3801.1155],4) // Soldier
		CreateCreature("SPY406",[3801.1155],0) // No such index
		MoveViewObject("SPY406",VERY_FAST)
		ActionOverride("DDbandi1",MoveToPoint([3650.1200]))
		Wait(4)
		DisplayStringHead("DDbandi1",78362) // Look! There's one! Get her!
		MoveViewObject("DDLARALA",VERY_FAST)
		Wait(4)
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78363)) // No! Go away! I don't want any trouble!
		Wait(3)
		ActionOverride("DDbandi1",EquipRanged())
		ActionOverride("DDbandi1",Attack("DDLARALA"))
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",RunAwayFrom("DDbandi1",30))
		Wait(2)
		Kill("DDLARALA")
		Wait(1)
		DisplayStringHead("DDbandi1",78364) // Ha! That was easy enough. Let's see if she has any loot on her.
		Wait(3)
		FadeToColor([20.0],0)
		SmallWait(7)
		ActionOverride("DDbandi2",DestroySelf())
		Wait(2)
		ActionOverride("DDbandi3",DestroySelf())
		Wait(1)
		ActionOverride("DDbandi1",DestroySelf())
		StartCutScene("DDCUT05")
END

The next cutscene introduces effects and spells:
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId(Player1)
		CreateCreature("DDhusban",[3456.1220],10) // Larala's Husband
		MoveViewObject("DDhusban",INSTANT)
		Wait(1)
		FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
		Wait(2)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",MoveToPoint([3278.1160]))
		Wait(6)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",FaceObject("DDlarala"))
		Wait(1)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78365)) // Larala! Larala, it's been close to two hours! Where are you!? Larala!
		Wait(6)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78366)) // Oh no... no, Larala! What has happened?... (sniffle)
		Wait(6)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78367)) // NO! This isn't right! Please, bring her back... somebody...
		Wait(6)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78368)) // Please...
		MoveViewObject("DDhusban",FAST)
		Wait(4)
		CreateCreatureImpassable("DDvoice",[3463.896],0) // What-- What is happening? I am dying! No! Ah-- Aahhh! - Grr...
		MoveViewObject("DDvoice",VERY_FAST)
		DisplayStringHead("DDvoice",78369) // I am here. Pray. I will resurrect her.
		Wait(4)
		ActionOverride("DDhusban",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78370)) // Oh my! Thank you! Thank you! Bring her back... please...
		Wait(4)
		DisplayStringHead("DDvoice",78371) // Silence!
		MoveViewObject("DDhusban",VERY_FAST)
		Wait(3)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPBASEWT",[3459.1236])
		Wait(3)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPBASEWT",[3459.1236])
		Wait(3)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPBASERD",[3459.1236])
		Wait(3)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPBASERD",[3459.1236])
		Wait(3)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPCSWOUI",[3459.1236])
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",DestroySelf())
		CreateCreature("DDLARALA",[3459.1236],0) // Larala
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",FaceObject("DDhusban"))
		Wait(1)
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",ForceSpell("DDhusban",CUTSCENE_POWERWORD_KILL))
		Wait(2)
		ActionOverride("DDLARALA",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78372)) // This body will have to do for now... there is little more I can do.
		Wait(4)
		FadeToColor([30.0],0)
		Wait(2)
		StartCutScene("DDCUT06")
END

If you can CLUA any of these creatures anywhere then that eliminates the corrupt creature possibility. Check the DDvoice one. The visual effects are in teh vanilla game and aren't touched by TDD. If other mods changed them, they could be corrupt as well. That would give the animation error.

- King Diamond

#14 Carleton

Carleton
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

The last line I get in the cut scene is The last line I get to is "Please ..." in the cut scene and then it freezes.

None of the creatures caused a crash. They behaved as follows:

CreateCreature bandi makes a creature that sticks around. husban and larala appear but disappear instantly. DDvoice doesn't appear at all, but I assume it is successfully introduced. Spy406 behaves similarly and is part of the cut scene that works (in which the party is also present.)

I tried typing in other commands (CreateVisualEffect, CreateCreatureImpassable) exactly as they appear above, but I couldn't get anything to work. Reasons were "not a LUA" command or syntax errors [It didn't like these brackets] I did this on the same map in which the cutscene takes place, standing near the coordinates.

I did notice that ddvoice's coordinates are on an impassable lake, but that's probably why it gets "CreateCreatureImpassable"

Edited by Carleton, 05 January 2010 - 11:10 AM.

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

The DDvoice is an invisible guy and that is created right after the "please..." text. There is some screen moving there and does that happen before your crash or in other words you see the screen move to a different viewpoint. What is your frame rate set at in the config?

To test the animations you may try this code:

CTRL+L Plays animation (selected by CTRL+I)

Not sure how to do that and I have no idea what is causing the crash but I will help because I am working on TDD files now. 8)

- King Diamond

#16 Carleton

Carleton
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

I started the crashing cut scene again and payed closer attentions. The observation is that

ActionOverride("DDhusban",DisplayStringHead(Myself,78368)) // Please...
MoveViewObject("DDhusban",FAST)
Wait(4)

executed without error and the trouble starts after that before the next line appears on screen. More details:

My FPS and resolution are default, 30fps and 800X600. Just for kicks, I turned off 3D animations and acceleration, but the crash still happened the same way. No new entry was made in baldur.err after this. I replayed through the cut scene again and wrote down events and matched them up action sequence starting with ddhusban spawn. The "Please..." line displays simultaneously as the camera begins to center on ddhusban; the centering is completed before freezing. The game freezes without another line or camera movement, but the letters dim on "Please..." in the freeze frame, so I think it captures the moment when the StringHead fades before being replaced by another line. One last observation that baldur's gate was taking up 1.4 gigs of physical memory and continuing to fill up whatever virtual memory windows has allotted. I don't like to run things that crash like this because my hard drive is an aging dinosaur, which Windows Vista already beats the hell out of.

I tested some special effect type animations with ctrl I/L, and I identified SPAURAF or something similar in spelling as a sure crash, but everything else seemed to work just fine. There are *alot* of animations.

Edited by Carleton, 06 January 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

It looks like it is happening with this:

Wait(4)
CreateCreatureImpassable("DDvoice",[3463.896],0) // What-- What is happening? I am dying! No! Ah-- Aahhh! - Grr...

Let us try moving the location of this guy to CreateCreatureImpassable("DDvoice",3278.1160,0) as this is where one of the LARALAs are. Can you edit your BCS compile and save it with Near Infinity? Also please make a backup of the original file just in case this doesn't work.

- King Diamond

#18 Carleton

Carleton
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

What file am I editing? I have zero experience with this. ARPO##.bcs, creature.bcs (no ddvoice.bcs,) ddvoice.cre, baldur.bcs? Which copy in what folder? etc.

Also is http://www.idi.ntnu....i/download.html a reputable site from which to download nearinfinity.jar v1.32, or is everything on it a Norwegian keylogger?

Edited by Carleton, 06 January 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

DDCUT05.BCS. That site should be OK from my experience as I can't upload a ZIP file of it because it is too large :wacko:

Edited by Hoppy, 06 January 2010 - 02:06 PM.

- King Diamond

#20 Carleton

Carleton
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

Changed the coordinates of ddvoice in DDCUT05.BCS. I saved the "decompiled" ddvoice.bcs file and pressed the compile button while that .bcs file was up, but that appeared to do nothing. I fired it up and the cut scene crashed just the same.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to find the larger tdd-bcs.bif file and compile it because of changes.