-bg1
-ToSC (DarkSide - NorthSide)
-bg2
-ToB
-World Map
-bgt tweak
-Other 4 or 5 mods in italian language.

All this mods are compatible with bgt.

I can enter in the friendly arm inn but not in any other house next to the inn.

I've found that much people are this problems but there isn't a solution on the web.

Please help me!!!

Edited by piuma, 02 December 2008 - 04:28 PM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

I've BGT 1.07 w.i.p installed with:

-bg1
-ToSC (DarkSide - NorthSide)
-bg2
-ToB
-World Map
-bgt tweak
-Other 4 or 5 mods in italian language.

Hmm, you did install the BG1 and TotSC + patch v5512 to one directory, and then BGII:SoA and ToB +patch to other directory. Then you need to install the (G3)BG2Fixpack(as the Worldmap mod need it!), after which you can install the BGT in that BG2 directory and then the DarkSide - North... the BGT Compatiable versions(v1.95 and v1.55 or later :whistling: ), the BGT Tweaks and World Map mod... Did you? As that's how it needs to be installed...

So that's with the current versions:
1) BG1 +TotSC + patch v5512(to c:\games\BG1)
2) BG2:SoA +ToB +patch v26498 (to:\games\BG2), then start both games, and begin then too so the game autosaves...
3) BG2Fixpack + BGT v1.07 W.I.P + Dark Side of the Sword Coast v205a + Northern Tales of the Sword Coast v160a+v162a patch (I would place the other mods in here)+ BGT Tweakpack + World Map mod(v7). (into c:\games\BG2)

In that exact order, from the first on the left to the last on the right.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 December 2008 - 12:00 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:13 AM

I've got this kind of installation yet. Except for the bg2fix, now i try this way. Thanks

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

I've got this kind of installation yet. Except for the bg2fix, now i try this way. Thanks

That shouldn't matter... hmm, you should open the WeiDU.log file with text editor(notepad) in the game directory and copy/paste the content to a post.

#5 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:58 AM

Now i've tried with:
- BG1 - ToSC - Patch Bioware
- BG2 - ToB - Patch Bioware - G3 bg2fixpack
- BGT 1.07

...the same error!

Is this the log?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Correzioni principali
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #2 // Pacchetto Super Divertimento per Modders
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #3 // Correzioni principali in fase BETA (leggete il readme prima di installare questa componente!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #100 // Aggiungi una ricompensa in XP per aver fatto riconciliare Keldorn con Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #101 // Correggi le animazioni di alcuni incantesimi
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #102 // Cromwell impiega effettivamente 1 giorno per forgiare gli oggetti magici
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #103 // Correzioni all'utilizzo dei pugnali/coltelli da lancio
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #104 // Correzioni ai simboli sacri (Ghreyfain)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #106 // Applica una penalità al tiro per colpire dei giganti contro gnomi, halfling e nani
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #107 // Rimuovi le limitazioni all'opzione classe duale di Arcieri e Predatori
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #108 // Rimuovi il secondo bonus ai punteggi caratteristica nella prova della furia dei Nove Inferni
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #109 // Correggi il comportamento dei demoni evocati in modo da renderlo coerente alla loro natura
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #110 // Correzioni addizionali agli script
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #111 // Correzioni alla canzone del bardo
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #112 // I Guerrieri Ammazzastregoni provocano il fallimento degli incantesimi anche con gli attacchi a distanza
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #113 // Correzioni addizionali all'allineamento
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #114 // Modifica l'incantesimo Libertà d'azione affinché protegga anche dallo stordimento
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #5 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Principale: 1.07 WIP-08-09-28

#6 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:55 AM

Help Me please! there isn't any solution on google. Only other people with same problem!

#7 Autar

Autar
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

What exactly happens when you try to access the other Buildings?

Do you perform a clean reinstall of both games (and a full install = all checkboxes on)?

Did you remove BG and any other CD/DVD from your drive during BGT installation?
My English is very poor. Italian is my mother language and I also know German very good. Be patien with me & sry for my bad English ;)

#8 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

When i try to enter in other home in friendly arm the game crash to the desktop with a windows error sound and a black window in the upperleftside of the monitor.

Yes i've got a full checkbox game (bg1 - tosc - bg2 - toB) and i haven't a disk insert or in a virtual drive during the installation.

Now i've deleted the game with revouninstaller (a complete uninstall of bg1 -tsoc - bg2 - tob - bgt) anda i'm going to star with a new install of bg1.

It's the third time that i reinstall all the games!!

Need help!

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

Yes, that's the WeiDU.log .

Now i've deleted the game with revouninstaller (a complete uninstall of bg1 -tsoc - bg2 - tob - bgt) anda i'm going to star with a new install of bg1.

You did, clean the installation directory before you reinstalled, didn't you? As the old files will give you problems...
Now, as we don't have record of the mods(as they aren't WeiDU mods, or are they?) that they might be the source of your problem... as you can have only one none-WeiDU mod in the game without great chances of difficulties, and some none-WeiDU mods just aren't worth the trouble, unless they change just 1 or so items...

PS; you don't need to uninstall the BG1+TotSC, as the files are imported, so they stay the same in the BG1 directory. And remember to patch the games... :whistling:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 December 2008 - 11:06 AM.

#10 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

I've deleted all baldur's gate files on my pc! the black isle directory doesn't exist now! It's ok or i've to delete other files?

You did, clean the installation directory before you reinstalled, didn't you? As the old files will give you problems...
Now, as we don't have record of the mods(as they aren't WeiDU mods, or are they?) that they might be the source of your problem... as you can have only one none-WeiDU mod in the game without great chances of difficulties, and some none-WeiDU mods just aren't worth the trouble, unless they change just 1 or so items...

PS; you don't need to uninstall the BG1+TotSC, as the files are imported, so they stay the same in the BG1 directory. And remember to patch the games... :whistling:

#11 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

i haven't non-weidu mod installed!

#12 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

i haven't non-weidu mod installed!

Another Installation: The Same Problem!

#13 Autar

Autar
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

Can You acess that areas in the vanilla BG1?
Can you cheat yourself to the areas (they should be: Temple: AR6804; House1: AR6805; House2: AR6806)?
Can you activate error logging (add "Logging On=1" under [Program Options] in your Baldur.ini) and post your baldur.err here?
When exactly the CTD happens before loading the area, while loading it or directly after?
My English is very poor. Italian is my mother language and I also know German very good. Be patien with me & sry for my bad English ;)

#14 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Can You acess that areas in the vanilla BG1?
Can you cheat yourself to the areas (they should be: Temple: AR6804; House1: AR6805; House2: AR6806)?
Can you activate error logging (add "Logging On=1" under [Program Options] in your Baldur.ini) and post your baldur.err here?
When exactly the CTD happens before loading the area, while loading it or directly after?

Thanks for the reply. Stay here for a moment please!! I want to solve this problem!!

I don't know what is VANILLA BG1?

How can i cheat me into the area?

Now i try to add the log!

Thanks!

p.s the crash is before loading

Edited by piuma, 03 December 2008 - 12:50 PM.

#15 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:51 PM

This Can be the baldur.err content?

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: CGameArea.cpp
Line: 5012

Exp: m_bmLum.GetResRef() != ""

Msg: Luminosity map missing: AR6804LM
Run Debugger?

#16 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

AUTAR, SEI ITALIANO????

#17 Autar

Autar
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

Si, lo sono ;) But they don't like if people are posting in different languages in this forum.

Vanilla Bg1 means unmodded BG1. Are they working there?

To activate cheats, you can follow Ascension64s guide in a pinned tread in this forum:

Whenever I try to enter some particular area, the game freezes or crashes to desktop

* Edit the baldur.ini in your BGT-WeiDU installation directory, by adding 'Debug Mode=1' under the [Program Options] section
* Start the game, and after beginning a new game or loading a saved game, press Ctrl+Space to open the console at the bottom of the screen
* In that console, type in case-sensitive manner, 'CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("<area code>")', then press Enter to attempt to jump to that area. Area codes can be discovered by looking at BGT-WeiDU installation directory>\BGT\Help\DevDoc\Images\OldWorld.jpg.
* If the area crashes still, then you may have a permanent area corruption; in this case, try re-installing BGT-WeiDU, ensuring that no Baldur's Gate-related CDs/DVDs/virtual images are in any of your CD/DVD/virtual drives.
* If this does not solve the problem, post your issue on the forums, along with the contents of your WeiDU.log, so that we may troubleshoot further

But I doubt it will work :(

I remember some treads with similar errors time ago (maybe BGT 1.04?). But i think some of the experts have to look what is corrupting that areas. I just have english and german BG1 CDs here so I can't even try to reproduce it.

Edited by Autar, 03 December 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#18 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

Now I try to set the debug mode, but i think that the problem is the access to this area, isn't important which way i try to enter. I have just reinstall all baldur's gate and expansion and mods for 5 or 6 time!!!

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

Could you please zip up your Setup-BGTDOS.DEBUG file found in your BGT-WeiDU installation directory and post it here?

In the meantime, try tossing the attached file into your override directory and see if that fixes things up.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#20 piuma

piuma
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

Could you please zip up your Setup-BGTDOS.DEBUG file found in your BGT-WeiDU installation directory and post it here?

In the meantime, try tossing the attached file into your override directory and see if that fixes things up.

Thanks!! Now I try with this file! I have to reinstall all the games for another time and now i haven't the necessary time. I will upload my setup-bgtdos.debug in a day!

Thanks a lot!!