Photo

No valid replies or links ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vengor

Vengor
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

I get this error when speaking to Martin in Reddy Forest. The dialog worked fine before Almax asked me to check on him. But when I returned , once I tell him that Almax assumed some messengers had been killed, Martin will answer "Hmm, quite possible, we will need someone to take care of this problem" and the "No valid replies or links" message appears. Clicking on it close the dialog. It also happened with Pelltar once I told him about the spy. What's happening here ? As of now, I encountered very few bugs. Here's my WeiDU log.

Attached File  WeiDU.log   49.46K   356 downloads

#2 Vengor

Vengor
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Eh, for some reason I had to set my BHGnollQuest to 2, even tough I had already killed the ogre mage. Still, problem solved.

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

I get this error when speaking to Martin in Reddy Forest. The dialog worked fine before Almax asked me to check on him. But when I returned , once I tell him that Almax assumed some messengers had been killed, Martin will answer "Hmm, quite possible, we will need someone to take care of this problem" and the "No valid replies or links" message appears. Clicking on it close the dialog. It also happened with Pelltar once I told him about the spy. What's happening here ? As of now, I encountered very few bugs. Here's my WeiDU log.

When you discovered the Ogre Mage did you get the string displayed overhead about discovering the source of the gnoll problem?

It takes a village...

#4 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

When you discovered the Ogre Mage did you get the string displayed overhead about discovering the source of the gnoll problem?

Hi Erebusant,
I've experienced the same problem that Vengor mentions (NVROL when speaking to Martin about Almax), and I thought I'd comment here.
Answer to your question: yes, in my game I did get the string about discovering the source of the gnoll problem. But still there's the NVROL with Martin.

I'd appreciate some help on how to fix this problem locally, so that I can continue.
I'm not familiar with NI... but I'm a fast learner (I think)   :whistling:

My WeiDU-log attached.

Attached Files

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

Hi Erebusant,
I've experienced the same problem that Vengor mentions (NVROL when speaking to Martin about Almax), and I thought I'd comment here.
Answer to your question: yes, in my game I did get the string about discovering the source of the gnoll problem. But still there's the NVROL with Martin.

I'd appreciate some help on how to fix this problem locally, so that I can continue.
I'm not familiar with NI... but I'm a fast learner (I think) :whistling:

My WeiDU-log attached.

Try enabling your console and the type in CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHGnollQuest","GLOBAL",2) and press enter and see if it works properly then. There's a fix for this that I'm not ready to release yet.

It takes a village...

#6 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

Try enabling your console and the type in CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHGnollQuest","GLOBAL",2) and press enter and see if it works properly then. There's a fix for this that I'm not ready to release yet.

This worked like a charm  :D
Thank you so much! And I got to learn what this CLUAConsole business is all about, too   :cheers:

By the way, I got a NVROL while talking to Almax just prior to talking to Martin.
Here's the conversation (sorry for the length, but I'd prefer to be as precise as possible):

A = Almax
P = Player

A: Is there something I can help you with?
P: Not just now, thanks. I do have a few questions, if you please?
A: Of course. Just ask.
P: Since you know the area well, what can you tell me of the land around Restenford?
A: Which area in particular?

Here comes two options:

1: West of Restenford.
2: Any other locations you can think of that we should look into?

After choosing 1 and then 2:

A: Of course, the Reddy Forest, just north of Bone Hill, and west of Tri-Top.

I then get two options:

1. I have heard Pelltar mention Bone Hill. What do you know of the area?
2. Reddy Forest?

If I ask both options and then enter the dialogue again, I get a NVROL at Almax's question "Which area in particular?".

Question is, is it gonna be a problem? Should I CLUA something here, too?

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

This worked like a charm :D
Thank you so much! And I got to learn what this CLUAConsole business is all about, too :cheers:

By the way, I got a NVROL while talking to Almax just prior to talking to Martin.
Here's the conversation (sorry for the length, but I'd prefer to be as precise as possible):

A = Almax
P = Player

A: Is there something I can help you with?
P: Not just now, thanks. I do have a few questions, if you please?
A: Of course. Just ask.
P: Since you know the area well, what can you tell me of the land around Restenford?
A: Which area in particular?

Here comes two options:

1: West of Restenford.
2: Any other locations you can think of that we should look into?

After choosing 1 and then 2:

A: Of course, the Reddy Forest, just north of Bone Hill, and west of Tri-Top.

I then get two options:

1. I have heard Pelltar mention Bone Hill. What do you know of the area?
2. Reddy Forest?

If I ask both options and then enter the dialogue again, I get a NVROL at Almax's question "Which area in particular?".

Question is, is it gonna be a problem? Should I CLUA something here, too?

This shouldn't cause an issue. If you run into further problems go ahead and post them. Most of them have already been worked out for the next release.

It takes a village...

#8 delnaja

delnaja
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

This shouldn't cause an issue. If you run into further problems go ahead and post them. Most of them have already been worked out for the next release.

Okay, thanks.
I'll keep posting should anything arise.

All seems to be running along just fine now. Solved quite many quests, all smooth.
Very entertaining so far!   :coolthumb:

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Okay, thanks.
I'll keep posting should anything arise.

All seems to be running along just fine now. Solved quite many quests, all smooth.
Very entertaining so far! :coolthumb:

Just in case you run into the problem with the booksearch cutscene not firing, make sure you have a savegame prior to showing Pelltar the note about the Hand so you can reload and get it to fire.

It takes a village...

#10 sighcome

sighcome
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

I have same problem, and already solved it without using the Console.

I think that the problem is caused by not get the string displayed overhead about discovering the Orge Mage. And this probably caused by the bags (gem bags, spell books, containers, etc.) :ph34r:

When I drop off all those bags and go back to the Orge Mage Cave, I get the string near the entrance. Then I go back to talk to Martin, no error occurs. The problem is solved. :cheers:

Hope my post can help other people.

Ming