Missing Files (?) in Mods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

I apologize if the is is the wrong place to put this, but I do not know where else it would go.

I ran into these situations trying to load a mega mod game.

Heart of the Wood

If you open up the RAR file, you see the "HeartWood" folder and the file "Setup-HeartWood.tp2". I also expected to also see a file "Setup-HeartWood.exe". Since it is not there, you cannot install the mod.

Munchmodv26_Weidu

When you open the RAR file, you see only the "Munchmod V2.6 Weidu" folder. Inside the "Munchmod V2.6 Weidu" folder are the "Munchmod" folder and the files "setup-munchmod.exe" and "setup-munchmod.tp2". You need to copy the "Munchmod" folder and the files "setup-munchmod.exe" and "setup-munchmod.tp2" to the "BGII-SOA" folder to load the game.

Bag Bonus

It is the same as Munchmod.

tbquest_v2.02

You get an error message because the file "tb#quest\setup-quest.bat" cannot be found. It is there as "tb#quest/setup-tb#quest.bat". If you click on the file "BGII-SOA/setup-tb#quest.exe" it will load. Or you can change the name in th archive to "tb#quest\setup-quest.bat". I have not tried changing the name to see if that works too.

Deeper Shadows of Amn

You get an error message that it cannot find the file "DSoA\Readme". The file is named "DSoA\Readme for Deeper Shadows.txt".

I hope this information helps.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 10 March 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

The correct forum would be this.

Heart of the Wood
If you open up the RAR file, you see the "HeartWood" folder and the file "Setup-HeartWood.tp2". I also expected to also see a file "Setup-HeartWood.exe". Since it is not there, you cannot install the mod.

Well, you make the setup-*modname*.exe by copying the latest WeiDU.exe and renaming it as the setup-*modname*.exe, just like the modifier usually does this before he packs the mod. In this case he didn't probably to save package space and bandwith, as the setup-*modname*.exe is just different versions of the same installer. Here is a link for the latest WeiDU package, which has the latest WeiDU.exe.

Munchmodv26_Weidu...Bag Bonus

So they are just packed into an extra folder, so what, you just need to open the folder and copy the files in it to the game folder once you have unpacked every mod.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 March 2009 - 07:20 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

Hi Jarno Mikkola:

My intent was not to criticize these mods and the way they were written. To me it was a little confusing and it took me some time to figure out how to load them. I was just trying to help those who are new to these mods so they could load them without any difficulty.

I appreciate your comments and the connection to WeiDU.exe Ver 210. I am using WeiDU.exe Ver.208. I am sure to experts as yourself, that these seem trivial. My intent was simply to have these made like most of the other mods so there would be consistency. I realize these are minor problems. In fact I equate them to "typos". But it would help newer members load the mods if all were consistent.

Thanks for your comments,

Tom

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

:rolleyes: Sorry if I sounded a bit rude... you were just trying to help, I understand completely, good catches, although you could have made the remarks in their own forums, or PM their . :D
Deeper Shadows of Amn
Heart of the Wood(well, this says that one might want to contact igi(TeamBG), he mostly hangs here now-a-days)
tbquest_v2.02(it's already reported)
--------------------
And then the Imp cowardly runs away.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 March 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

I think it goes here.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)