BiG World Project (BWP) v6.0

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

1)... after I install BG1 + ToSC+patch, then BG2+ToB+patch (and carefully follow all the instructions), did I understand correctly that I put all the mods (both for BG1 and BG2) into BG2:ToB right? That is what kind of confused me - regardless of game, all mods go into BG2 main folder?

2) If I understood correctly, I can choose which mods I can install from this pageBWP, as long as I install them in correct order. Right?

3)If so, let's move onto one very important thing - I'd love to have game as hard as possible, so the mods marked as orange are orange because they will make game harder, not because they will cause bugs/ctds?

4)If I understood everything correctly, I will start installing soon then, and really enjoy cherry-picking which green and orange mods to install. :)

1)Yes, as long as the BG1 anf BG2 are in different directories :doh: and if there is an option of BG1/BGT/BGTutu mod, it needs to be the BGT/BG2 one.
2) You do the choosing by putting the mods components to the BGII - SoA(+ToB) directory. You can have 3 mods, or 200+ mods! :woot: The BWP Installpack does the installation automatically!
3) They are harder, well they are actually just a bit harder/normal, the red are harder, the main text white/gray are the bugged once.
4) I'll just hope you have played the whole game through from start to finish before you play with mods... :)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#62 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

Another fix for your FixPack. Thrown Hammers has its' BG1 stores set with BGTuTu names. I have changed the .tp2 to BGT settings and it installs fine. I have not yet play tested it and will do so when I can.

Here is the updated .tp2 file: Attached File  setup_hammers.tp2   14.55K   223 downloads

With this .tp2 file it will no longer work with BGTuTu.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#63 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

Updated News

10.05. Spell Revisions v2.9

The new version has changed the components. Therefore you must do the following in the Install.bat.

Delete in this lines the 2 and the 3:

%IFES%spell_rev%S%spell_rev%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 | %M%
%IFGS%spell_rev%S%spell_rev%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 | %M%

Change in this lines the 4 to a 2:

%IFS%scsII%IFIF%Firkraag.exe copy ".\scsII\backup\6101\dragred.bcs" ".\override" | %M%

%IFES%spell_rev%IFIF%SCSII%S%spell_rev%L%0%SK% 2 | %M%
%IFGS%spell_rev%IFIF%SCSII%S%spell_rev%L%1%SK% 2 | %M%

Galwail, thank you for your important comment. So we figured out, that the Install.bat was not updated for the new v2.9.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#64 -VadeRetro-

-VadeRetro-

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:58 AM

Hello,

You said:

2) You do the choosing by putting the mods components to the BGII - SoA(+ToB) directory. You can have 3 mods, or 200+ mods! The BWP Installpack does the installation automatically!

while manual says:

Download and unpack all the mods you are interested in, into a separate folder that you name BiG World Project.

In the end it's the same, of course, as mods end up in BGII - ToB directory. But, if I try to unpack them in some separate directory, unrelated to BGII folder, when extracting some of the .exe mods, I get the following message:

"Unable to find dialog.tlk"

Should I just disregard it, or I really need to extract mods that don't come up zipped, but in executable form, straight to BGII - ToB directory?

Thanks in advance.

#65 -VadeRetro-

-VadeRetro-

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

Sorry for spamming guys, I really am, but this is really complicated.

For example, BeregostCrashFixer17 - it looks like it's used to recover corrupted save games, which intuitively makes me think it's used only if that happens. But it's listed under 05. BGT TRILOGY, which suggests it should be unpacked just like the rest of the mods into main directory.

Am I confused with a reason here?

So much work, I'm all covered in sweat! :)

#66 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

But, if I try to unpack them in some separate directory, unrelated to BGII folder, when extracting some of the .exe mods, I get the following message:

"Unable to find dialog.tlk"

Should I just disregard it, or I really need to extract mods that don't come up zipped, but in executable form, straight to BGII - ToB directory?

That warning is normal and you don't have to do anything about it, as the dialog.tlk is in the game folder... so after moving the mods files, it will work... so you are on the right path.

For example, Beregost Crash Fixer 1.7 - it looks like it's used to recover corrupted save games, which intuitively makes me think it's used only if that happens. But it's listed under 05. BGT TRILOGY, which suggests it should be unpacked just like the rest of the mods into main directory.

Am I confused with a reason here?

Read the manual(the .pdf file), not the link lists indexing. It's a tool to be used if and when you get the crash...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 April 2009 - 05:17 AM.

#67 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

Sorry for disturbing but I have a problem ...

I download all mods for Tactical Version BWP 6, I unpacked them in BG2 -SoA according procedure, I edit install.bat accordint Update news .... and I encounter an error :crying: (practicaly installer is blocked in this point ..attached image). I repeat all procedure (instal BG1 BG2 and mods) and the sam error .PLEASE help me

Attached Images

• error.JPG

Edited by danemanuelk, 04 April 2009 - 06:39 AM.

#68 -VadeRetro-

-VadeRetro-

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hi Jarno, thank you for your kind help.

It's actually not that hard at all, now after I've actually started installing, instead of just reading about it; it's all more clear when you do the thing.

Although, some things are still kind of unclear (and no so intuitive) to me.

Anyway, my installation is up and running, no errors; going fine. :) Thanks for help again.

One last question, I hope. It's still very unclear to me.

When I started BiG World Install v6.bat, I expected it will install the mods I put there. But then, I had that option to chose between standard, tactic and expert version. I wanted all the tactic stuff, damn, I want all the mods I put in! Now, I read the explanation in this topic, and it's not really clear. It says:

1. Standard-version:
Herewith you can install all mods which have not an absurd degree of difficulty or known bugs. You can take all these Standard-mods or choose the ones, you like. The Install.bat installs only the mods you have extracted into the BG2 main directory.

Maybe I got things wrong, but from what I understood, most of the mods listed ]url=http://kerzenburg.nightisforum.de/showthread.php?t=34931#germantxt]here[/url], except the grey ones, should work fine. So I got most of the green, bright & orange ones and I wanted all of them to be installed.

So, I selected 'EXPERT' when asked how to install, because I guessed it will install all the mods I put in the main dir, without leaving others out.

Did I make a mistake?

#69 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

So, I selected 'EXPERT' when asked how to install, because I guessed it will install all the mods I put in the main dir, without leaving others out.
Did I make a mistake?

Well, you might have... as you might encounter few bugs, as the gray components of the mods have them... but if you are confident that you can manage them, or that none of them were actually installed, then you are clear.

Yes, you can select the Expert even if you don't have any of the Expert mods in the game directory and get a clean install, so long as you don't have any of the Expert mods in the game directory... <_< Yes, I realize that sentence might not make any sense. Bye. :cheers:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 April 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#70 czm0

czm0
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

Sorry for disturbing but I have a problem ...

I download all mods for Tactical Version BWP 6, I unpacked them in BG2 -SoA according procedure, I edit install.bat accordint Update news .... and I encounter an error :crying: (practicaly installer is blocked in this point ..attached image). I repeat all procedure (instal BG1 BG2 and mods) and the sam error .PLEASE help me

I had the same problem when installing Big World tactics version. Could anyone help us?

Edited by czm0, 04 April 2009 - 07:58 AM.

#71 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

I made another install (3rd one) now not using Yikari mod, and using Expert option in install.bat ...but the same problem :crying:

Some help please ...

Attached Images

• error2.JPG

#72 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

Could you put the BiG World Debug.txt into a .rar or .zip(to reduce it's size significantly) and upload it to a post.

#73 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

Now I tried a Standard install version but the same error .

Jarno THX in advanace :rolleyes:

Attached Files

#74 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

Hi folks,

02.01. One Pixel Productions (1ppv2.x) v2.66 [DEU/ENG]

is being updated to new version constantly without saying when (not even in the Updated News) ... and probably with other mods happens the same ... if it's possible to write down the update time of the mods it will be fantastic :D

#75 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

Hi folks, 02.01. One Pixel Productions (1ppv2.x) v2.66 [DEU/ENG] ...is being updated to new version constantly without saying when (not even in the Updated News) ... and probably with other mods happens the same ... if it's possible to write down the update time of the mods it will be fantastic :D

Well, you should read the update from the link you are provided, which should be this. So it's not direct download link unless so stated, which the BWP's Link Lists does state. :rtfm: and this, not the f¤%& link list, unless you are totally confident that the info in the list is right... and you could have a little more patience on the updates, as we have our real lives too...

#76 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:34 AM

Well, you should read the update from the link you are provided, which should be this. So it's not direct download link unless so stated, which the BWP's Link Lists does state. .....

I got it ... Thx Jarno

#77 -VadeRetro-

-VadeRetro-

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:13 AM

Hey Jarno,

Thanks for your patience - I can say it was all installed flawlessly, and, at the same time - it seems to be running flawlessly as well! So I am really happy.

Thank you for this project. :)

One question, which is not related to BWP per se, but you might have encountered it, so just in case... I don't receive any XP for killing kobolds; I've noticed this in the mines of Nashkael, but it seems even outside I don't get any XP for Kobolds. Know anything about it?

#78 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:03 AM

Now I tried a Standard install version but the same error.

I don't have a clue, sorry. Perhaps some one else does.

Thank you for this project. :)

Thanks for that, but... I am not actual part of the project, but a regular poster, so I know most of the user errors, as I call them.

One question, which is not related to BWP per se, but you might have encountered it, so just in case... I don't receive any XP for killing kobolds; I've noticed this in the mines of Nashkael, but it seems even outside I don't get any XP for Kobolds. Know anything about it?

I haven't crossed to that feature(let's call it that), but I have few questions: Is it in all the kobolds, or is it only in specified kind, as in theory, the most likely thing that has happened is that one of the mods modifies one of the creatures to make them summon-able by some magic spell and so the creature is affected by other mods no summon XP patching. For us to get more precise topology of the problem, it would help to get your WeiDU.log content, and if you can make a picture of before-and-after kill picture of one of the kobolds that doesn't give XP. The picture helps identifying the kobolds .cre file, and then you can make a change-log form the creatures .cre file with WeiDU, which narrows the mod list quite a lot, but that's later... you might also upload the BiG_World_Debug.txt(in a .rar or .zip .z7 file) if there is errors in it.

#79 Meteo

Meteo
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Now I tried a Standard install version but the same error .

Jarno THX in advanace :rolleyes:

I just did a fresh install with all the tactics mod intact without problems(so far), maybe you did something wrong?

#80 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hello

Thanks Jarno and Meteo for helping me. I will try again an install for BWP 6. Now I have an install for version 5.7 an its everything OK.

It is possible to be something wrong with my downloads. I will download and try again. :rolleyes: