Jade Empire problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Taylor Bane-

-Taylor Bane-

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

So not to go off topic or anything, but for some reason, all of a sudden i am getting an error message that has effectively rendered my previous save games moot, and any new games i might start.

The error message comes up whenever i try to load another section of the map (take a quest, try to travel, etc) and it closes the game out and says something to the effect of; ERROR COULD NOT LOAD SAVE GAME. i have no idea why, but i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it three, (yeah, THREE) times, and the problem persists.

If someone could help me out, ive been compiling some mods for use, and i havent gotten a chance to enjoy them because of this little snag. and FYI, the problem started before the mods, so that isnt it. Thanks loads guys!

Salaam,
BANE

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hey Taylor Bane,

I'm not much of a technical guru, unfortunately--I suggest you check out Bioware's Jade Empire support forums. You might have more luck there. :cheers:

Split into a new thread.

#3 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Sorry if this is necroposting, maybe a mod could move it somewhere so that new players could see it.

I experienced this error and quickly looked it up. It's a Vista thing AFAIK, and the easiest solution seems to be to run the actual exe as an Administrator.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community