• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#81 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

Not sure if this will help or not

It's known to me, but others might find it helpful :) A lot of things are desperately under-documented.

Cuv, do you know why some IWD-style creatures have an A2 attack and others have an A4 series? It seems to be linked to those with melee vs. ranged animations, but I can't verify that absolutely.

A4 is ranged attack, yes. A1, A2 and A3 are slash, stab and swing for melee.

edit: NI calls them overhand swing, backhand swing, and thrust.

Edited by Erephine, 15 August 2009 - 04:35 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#82 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I don't know any more than Erephine has already confirmed.

Yes, alot of stuff regarding animations is underdocumented. When I was working on the conversions, I had to physically go through each animation to see what was needed. Frame by frame, sequence by sequence. Gah!... it was tedious, but necessary. As I said above somewhere, I was trying to rebuild the PST harlot to make it work in BG2 as it is sexier :rolleyes: I was able to compile the bams crudely... but ran into the palette problem upon testing. The colors were hideous. I am not sure if it was a problem with DLTCEP or my own ignorance. Anyways, I gave that up... but kept the data. I will see what other animation data I might have stashed away on my harddrives and post it.

Cuv

#83 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

I think it'd be great if someone could compile all the various documents, spreadsheets, etc. here and put them in HTML/IESDP format. It looks like igi may be preparing an update too, so now would be the time to do it. I say this knowing full well I don't have the time to do it myself, but I could probably help with HTML conversion or other things.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#84 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

As I said above somewhere, I was trying to rebuild the PST harlot to make it work in BG2 as it is sexier :rolleyes: I was able to compile the bams crudely... but ran into the palette problem upon testing. The colors were hideous. I am not sure if it was a problem with DLTCEP or my own ignorance. Anyways, I gave that up... but kept the data. I will see what other animation data I might have stashed away on my harddrives and post it.

I think I typed up an explanation for the 1pp developer resources concerning the PST/BG palettes, if you're interested. I'm not sure how detailed it is, but I remember including the general PST colour system.

崇高滑稽
·

#85 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

p.p.s. DON'T FORGET about Msol/masl animations [alternate solar/deva animations in G1-G26 format], thay are not used (& listed) anywhere, but are fully ready ( btw, there bw,s1 additional anims for them).

The G1-G26 format is the ONLY animation set I found for the Solar or Anitsolar. Are you sure there is an alternate set somewhere?

_ANTI_SOLAR.jpg

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#86 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

p.p.s. DON'T FORGET about Msol/masl animations [alternate solar/deva animations in G1-G26 format], thay are not used (& listed) anywhere, but are fully ready ( btw, there bw,s1 additional anims for them).

The G1-G26 format is the ONLY animation set I found for the Solar or Anitsolar. Are you sure there is an alternate set somewhere?

_ANTI_SOLAR.jpg

Yep...

maslg1.gif

MASLG1, MASLG2, MASLG2BW, MASLG2S1, MASLG11, MASLG12, MASLG13, MASLG14, MASLG15, MASLG21, MASLG22, MASLG23, MASLG24, MASLG25, MASLG26

Attached File  somekindofangel.7z   2MB   227 downloads

:cheers:

Edited by Cuv, 17 August 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#87 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

If I remember correctly, there are four variants total.

Each (solar and antisolar) has a glowing and non-glowing version, though the weapon animations for the latter are incomplete.

崇高滑稽
·

#88 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

So, the animations that exist in BGII but don't have a slot are:
Antisolar [no glow] -- MASL
Creature from the Black Lagoon -- MSAI
Death Tyrant -- MBEG
Solar [glow] -- MSOG

Any others?

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#89 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Here is the (slightly incomplete) PST Animation table. I have never played PST, so all of the creatures are completely foreign to me. This pretty much means that I have no clue how accurate my table is, so if anyone more familiar with the game can point out the mistakes or identify the unknowns, it would be a big help. The yellow highlighted names aren't in Animate.IDS. It could be that they are the same creature as one at the top of the page, but known by a different name. Also if someone could identify the two green highlighted creatures at the bottom, that would be great.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#90 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:26 AM

Here is the (slightly incomplete) PST Animation table. I have never played PST, so all of the creatures are completely foreign to me. This pretty much means that I have no clue how accurate my table is, so if anyone more familiar with the game can point out the mistakes or identify the unknowns, it would be a big help. The yellow highlighted names aren't in Animate.IDS. It could be that they are the same creature as one at the top of the page, but known by a different name. Also if someone could identify the two green highlighted creatures at the bottom, that would be great.

DKKB is Dakkon.... an NPC. The other guy... I cant remember his name.

MBEG I use in the MDK slot MMAX. There are only two bams for the Death Tyrant, but they are huge files. I couldnt make them work in any other slot, but if you are going to include it and write a slot... then it shouldnt be much trouble to copy the data for the MMAX slot to make them work.

Attached File  Death_Tyrant.7z   3.42MB   195 downloads

btw.... I REALLY love your PST animations document... much better with bam stills :cheers:

Cuv

#91 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

I may mod, but I am afraid I don't know the first thing of animations.
However, it is very interresting to see what you guys are doing.
And... WELCOME BACK CUV! ;)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#92 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

as i remember well, demb animation is not listed anywhere - just regular elf male, but w/o highlight point (maeby was planned for drow?) always want to try this one
Good Luck

#93 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

The list is really very nice and the other guy is Lothar - a non-playable character from upper sigil :)

also glad to see you, CUV :)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#94 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

as i remember well, demb animation is not listed anywhere - just regular elf male, but w/o highlight point

That's cool. Thanks for pointing it out.

the other guy is Lothar - a non-playable character from upper sigil :)

Awesome, another one down. Do you recognize any of the other unknowns at the top?

I have corrected a few problems, added new information, and sorted the table in a more logical order:
Attached File  BGI_Animations.doc   473K   215 downloads
Attached File  BGII_Animations.doc   1.33MB   418 downloads
Attached File  IWD_Animations.doc   871K   340 downloads
Attached File  IWD_2_Animations.doc   1.07MB   397 downloads
Attached File  PST_Animations.doc   523.5K   242 downloads
And because I was curious:
Attached File  IE_Paperdolls.doc   130K   201 downloads
So, what's next Erephine?

Edited by Sam., 05 November 2009 - 12:52 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#95 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

and the last I forgot, nelleg1 nelleg2 - just like nell (ellesime) but with white hair. Still not fully usable - in combat animations (g2) her hair become red again (i don't like how it looks)

GREAT listing - well done!

p.s.(as always:) bouriaur=Baurier Male, sohmien=horseguy, Garolyth=gehreleth?, pillar of sculls - figure made by hundreds skulls (huge static anim, maeby same as uber head?), (statue) - as i remember this just upper city citizen w/o palette and moving animations (not worth anything), Tuscampa= Campatuskanella, (cl 4) Large Thug=Huge Thug, morte=famous NPC (flying skull, You must find him), small thug=Collector Thug?, Mercykiller=Very cool animation (Armored figure wielding Axe, You must find him), Nameless_Incarnations - slightly different from the unarmed nameless one(or the same), mortuary ghost=deionarra, iron golem - huge unmovable static animation, (cl 4) Tiefling Goat=tiefling female?
p.p.s. all yellow labled animations was really shown in the game, maeby some animations hardcoded to exe and not mentioned in ids?

Edited by @vGur, 22 August 2009 - 12:53 AM.

#96 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

and the last I forgot, nelleg1 nelleg2 - just like nell (ellesime) but with white hair. Still not fully usable - in combat animations (g2) her hair become red again (i don't like how it looks)

Cool. I added her and updated the above post.

pillar of sculls - figure made by hundreds skulls (huge static anim, maeby same as uber head?)
(statue) - as i remember this just upper city citizen w/o palette and moving animations (not worth anything)
iron golem - huge unmovable static animation

morte=famous NPC (flying skull, You must find him)
Mercykiller=Very cool animation (Armored figure wielding Axe, You must find him)
Nameless_Incarnations - slightly different from the unarmed nameless one(or the same)

If you can send me the .BAMs for these (either a post or a PM is fine), I will happily add them. I updated the animation list with everything else you said and replaced the version in the previous post. Thanks! From now on, I think I'll just replace them in that post every time an update is made instead of making new posts.

Edited by Sam., 22 August 2009 - 09:19 AM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#97 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:27 AM

morte & others :cheers:

p.s. well, You wrong with some animations - nameless fist/severed arm anims (and dustman male) are'nt using all 40+ sequnces. Sequnces starting on C & D are part of different animations (there is nameless_incarnations, but I can't say which one exectly, besides, unpalleted dustman animation used only by Saego NPC, paletted one used by other dustmans)
GOOD LUCK

Attached Files

Edited by @vGur, 23 August 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#98 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

The list is really very nice and the other guy is Lothar - a non-playable character from upper sigil :)

also glad to see you, CUV :)

Hi Guido and Tass :) I am not helping too much yet... but may. Still lurking about. Moving again in about 2 months so will go MIA for a while again then... but will return.

Erephine- Is it possible to extend/append the exe to incorporate all the animations rather than using an external file? I haven't tested that myself to see if it breaks the engine, but perhaps you have?

Cuv

#99 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

Erephine- Is it possible to add to the exe to incorporate all the animations rather than using an external file?

That may then invalidate all the .exe patches, or actually make them not-installable... for example the Widescreen mod, Taimons work etc. That's bad, bad, bad. So, if the change can be made with patching the .exe, it should.

Of course if the creatures and all the rest will be patched according to a table, made from the mods that need it, so the reconstructed .exe has them all, it can be the last mod ever installed, except the General Biffing of course... of course the mod will most likely either way be one of the last mods, but still...

Ah, did I mention that I really appreciate all the work you all do for this... I really do.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2009 - 01:02 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#100 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

morte & others :cheers:

Thanks for these. I've added them and updated this post. :)

p.s. well, You wrong with some animations - nameless fist/severed arm anims (and dustman male) are'nt using all 40+ sequnces. Sequnces starting on C & D are part of different animations (there is nameless_incarnations, but I can't say which one exectly, besides, unpalleted dustman animation used only by Saego NPC, paletted one used by other dustmans)

These seem to be the same way. There is a paletted (D) and unpaletted ( C) version. Anyone have a clue which (D vs. C version) is really who?

Drone, Heavy KillMe (High Threat Construct)_________ HKMB
Nameless One, Fist__________ NOFB
Nameless One, Severed Arm__________ NOSB
Nameless One, Zombie Disguise_________ NOZB

There is also a few more creatures that I don't have names for if you recognize them....
Thanks for the help!

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage