IR install order in a BWP install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hi there! :)
I was wondering about the install order of Item Revisions mod. Right now, the main component is installed before BG:T, but doing so prevents IR to patch mod added items. In my game, I have some weapons with different stats/requirements: I noticed that all the weapons with different requirements than the non magical versions I can buy in the shops come from mods added after IR.
Would it be possible to revise the install order to make sure every weapon in a game uses the same rules, or is there a particular reason for which IR is installed before BG:T? Before I came across of the BWP installer, I always installed IR after all the other mods which could add items, and it worked fine - but quite obviously I'm talking about older versions of BG:T and other mods than the currently available ones.

Cheers. :)
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

I was wondering about the install order of Item Revisions mod. Right now, the main component is installed before BG:T, but doing so prevents IR to patch mod added items. In my game, I have some weapons with different stats/requirements: I noticed that all the weapons with different requirements than the non magical versions I can buy in the shops come from mods added after IR.
Would it be possible to revise the install order to make sure every weapon in a game uses the same rules, or is there a particular reason for which IR is installed before BG:T? Before I came across of the BWP installer, I always installed IR after all the other mods which could add items, and it worked fine - but quite obviously I'm talking about older versions of BG:T and other mods than the currently available ones.

Well, the main component of the IR mod overwrites, so there is no way you can make it patch mod added items, unless they themselves copy et modify their own items.

So generally no. The specifics can be refined of course, and the other components are patched, so they will be generally installed at the end of item modifying circle.

It has been suggested that the IR would make a separated component for the BGT part of the game, but that hasn't been made as of yet.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2009 - 11:29 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

I really haven't checked the code yet. So it's not the main component which changes custom added items.. Thanks for the info. :)
Don't know why some items aren't patched in my game then - in my ktweaks topic Mike suggested they should be, if IR is installed correctly, that's why I opened this one. That is, unless I misunderstood him.

#4 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

IR has separate components designed to patch mod items, and BWP correctly installs these much later than the main component. IR is a bit picky about how it modifies weapon damage - if a weapon doesn't match the expected values, it will skip it over instead of just assigning it a value. If there's ever a case where you don't think IR dealt with a mod item properly - or in the best possible way - please look up the information on the item and let us know over at our forum, and we can likely fix it.

#5 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:42 AM

Ok, I'll do that then. Thanks! :)