• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

I dropped this file off in the workroom a week or two back, for the gang to peruse and check out. This package was about many things. First and foremost, about following through on things I started, and seeing them through (even if it takes a lifetime ;) ). Secondly, about giving the final push, to all the work the BP Crew did over the years of my hiding out. Most of this is their work, not mine. They deserve the kudos!

This isn't as complete as I intended to offer publically, but I was sitting around today and it dawned on me: tomorrow is the seventh anniversary of the Big Picture mod. Seven friggin' years! So, to continue my love of holidays and special occasions, for making file releases--I bring you BPv179.

This combines all the fixes compiled by the BP crew since BPv177 was released, all the fixes done by the Big World Project up to version 7 and fixes of my own. What I have personally tested, is the Throne of Bhaal side of this. WITH Ascension installed. That's the part of this package that I'm going to vouch for, and it's a very important part. Mega-modders, let Mr. Weimer's version finally retire. We all know it's a fierce overwriter. It served its mission well over the years, and I tip my own modding hat to it. It was my inspiration for getting David Gaider's permission to do this, in the very first place. :)

EDIT: BPv179d uploaded instead, with new French translation by Graoumf, German translation by Leonardo Watson, and Spanish Translation by Ancalagon el Negro. One more fix hidden in the BWP package added (thanks White Agnus) and the ds_store file in the german folder, deleted (thanks Leomar) :)

BPv179d

Edited by horred the plague, 31 October 2009 - 04:00 PM.
Proper credits

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

Great news!!! Thanks Horred! And happy birthday! :cheers:

I saw there was some update for translations, only in setup.tra: the strings @0 - @64 and @66 changed.
I update the french translation. Could you please update the french directory with these .tra files?

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit : Files removed.

Edited by Graoumf, 30 October 2009 - 01:03 PM.

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

:cheers: :woot: :coolthumb: :clap: :Bow:

Congrats Horred! I think everyone in the workroom had fun working on BP but it was great you came back to show us Plague-style. Good luck with the Rogue Dao Studios as well, I am planning on playing the demo around the holidays. 8)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

Congratulations Horred. I remember being on the team a few years back when you, seanas, king diamond and others were weidu'izing all the big mods, that was fun and where I learned to mod. :cheers:

Edited by ronin, 30 October 2009 - 12:43 AM.

#5 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

Congratulations. :)
I've attached a revised german translation. The main component and Ascension can't be installed, because there are strings missing... ;)

Attached Files

Edited by White Agnus, 30 October 2009 - 01:27 PM.

#6 Ancalagon el Negro

Ancalagon el Negro
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Hello,

I've updated the Spanish's translation of BP from 177 to 179.

Namárië.

Attached Files

Member of Clan REO and citizen of The Earth.

#7 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

I've attached a revised german translation. The main component and Ascension can't be installed, because there are strings missing... ;)

I test an install in french and all works fine.

So I test a german install and checked the german .tra files and there some mistakes:
- HORRED.tra at @102 = ~ Huch! Wer hat das getan?~? ~
- setup.tra have 545 strings in english against 542 in german
- FINSOL01.tra at @9 = Kann ich die Essenzen einfach so aufgeben? Lässt sich die ganze Sache so leicht lösen?? ~ (there's a ~ which lacks at the beginning)
@47 have 3 translations (male, female and ?)

Edited by Graoumf, 30 October 2009 - 12:55 PM.

#8 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

I test an install in french and all works fine.

So I test a german install and checked the german .tra files and there some mistakes:
- HORRED.tra at @102 = ~ Huch! Wer hat das getan?~? ~
- setup.tra have 545 strings in english against 542 in german
- FINSOL01.tra at @9 = Kann ich die Essenzen einfach so aufgeben? Lässt sich die ganze Sache so leicht lösen?? ~ (there's a ~ which lacks at the beginning)
@47 have 3 translations (male, female and ?)

I know these problems, I've attached a package with the corrected german translation... ;) (But thanks for testing :))

#9 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

horred, and all those who have worked on BP...

Congratulations and thank you so very much for all the efforts you've put into keeping the mod alive. BP is near and dear to many of us, so it's great to see it still live-&-kickin'.

I hope this encourages more dynamic participation to keep it updated (and let horred get on with other pursuits of his life ascend to a higher level - as he richly deserves it).

A toast: Long Live BP!

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#10 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:20 AM

Great news!! Thank you horred the plague! :cheers:

#11 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

Happy birthday to yoouuuu, happy birthday to youuuu, happy birthday dear Big Picture, happy birthday to yoouuuuuuu. :cheers:

Thanks for all your hard work on BP. :Bow:

By the way, the new version v179c has the wrong TP2. You put the TP2 from BPSeries in it.
And I found a .DS_store files in the Language\German folder. It would be nice if you can delete it.

Perhaps you or Miloch can answer this question:
With the new version of BP do we need the "Resource Fixer"?

Here the text from the BWP guide:

20.0. Resource Fixer v1
~SETUP-RES_FIXER.TP2~

Some macros designed to fix various structural errors in creatures, items and spells. It's necessary to
get BP to install.

20.0.1. Copy the folder res_fixer and the files setup-res_fixer.exe and setup-res_fixer.tp2 from the folder
BiG World Fixpack into your main SoA directory.
20.0.2. Double-click the Setup. The DOS dialogue appears:
Install Component 0 [Resource Fixer]? [I]nstall
Successfully installed [Resource Fixer] Press ENTER to exit

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:05 AM

Happy birthday Big Picture.
And thank you for the news. Soon I hope I can use all of you.
And Leomars question is indeed important.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#13 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

I'll upload a version D later today. I was trying to rush in the German translation, and make my mother's birthday party at the same time. *sighs* Keep the whippings, I mean comments, coming. I'll wait til tonight in case there's something else I missed. 8)

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

You would have to test it with the new BWP since I last did on 5.0. But I would suspect you still need it, or should install it anyway. It is not just BP (perhaps not BP at all) but a lot of the "big" mods that have CRE file issues that need to be fixed or else the CREs will be unreadable in some cases. And there are some CRE issues even that macro can't fix, like this one (though it is fixable as suggested there).

And congrats on the new version, horred. It's been a while :cheers:.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

Will you provide a readme of some sort?

#16 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Will you provide a readme of some sort?

There's read-me's inside the BPv179/README's folder, same as always. I added a few notes to the English rtf, but didn't rename it to BPv179

#17 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

You would have to test it with the new BWP since I last did on 5.0. But I would suspect you still need it, or should install it anyway. It is not just BP (perhaps not BP at all) but a lot of the "big" mods that have CRE file issues that need to be fixed or else the CREs will be unreadable in some cases. And there are some CRE issues even that macro can't fix, like this one (though it is fixable as suggested there).

And congrats on the new version, horred. It's been a while :cheers:.

Thanks for your answer, Miloch. So, we'll test it and use it further. :cheers:

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#18 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

I've just noticed this one ... CONGRATULATIONS Horred and welcome back ;)

The first question coming up to the user would be "compatibility" with SCS and SCSII. How do they both work if installed together?

Seeing around a new BP version is really great and brings u to the "old" days of modding :) 7 years is really long time indeed,

keep it up! :)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#19 --Fennek--

--Fennek--

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

The first question coming up to the user would be "compatibility" with SCS and SCSII. How do they both work if installed together?

Just to mention this. Tactics, too, might cause some problems. Some of the components of BP were not automatically detected and skipped (in a MegaMod install):

I installed all components of BP and some of tactics and had these components doubled:

~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks: BWP v8 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King: BWP v8 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #17 // Gebhard Blucher's Random City Encounters: BWP v8 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Kensai Ryu's Random Wilderness Encounters: BWP v8 Fix

Others (Golems, Small Teeth Pass) were deteced and skipped.

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

Just to mention this. Tactics, too, might cause some problems. Some of the components of BP were not automatically detected and skipped (in a MegaMod install):

I installed all components of BP and some of tactics and had these components doubled:

~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks: BWP v8 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King: BWP v8 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #17 // Gebhard Blucher's Random City Encounters: BWP v8 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Kensai Ryu's Random Wilderness Encounters: BWP v8 Fix

Since we can't edit the Tactics in BP, that a moot point for BP, to Tactics it's not of course, not for BWP/I/S, but they need to know what they are doing.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.