Near Text: IF
invalid keyword [IF]

[GPMERC.bcs] ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
Near Text: IF
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [GPMERC.bcs]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [CBNRT001.CRE] -> [override/CBNRT001.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)

I'll attach the RR_debug file and the Weidu file, but the install is ongoing so it won't be complete.
All the other major components looks to have installed fine and only the PNP Thieving potions componet seems to have failed. I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks and looking forward to playing with most of you mod

Attached Files

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hmm, it seems that an error occurs when Rogue Rebalancing attempts to patch the AI script of a creature which was introduced by some other mod. However, as the error in question is not caused by RR, and since I'm not familiar with the mod which introduces/modifies those files, I'll move this thread to the Mega Mod forum.

Some of the BiG World experts might be able to shed more light on the subject.

#3 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

lol back here again. Anyways it doesnt look like a deal, I hope. But just in case (crosses fingers)

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Could you Sanity make a --change-log(#5) from the 'GPMERC.bcs' file, it would help us chase the causer...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

I will when the install is complete, Im intalling BG2Tweaks now it seems. Maybe tommorow, I should not run the clean-up bat before the change log correct? Should I hold off on biffing?

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

I should not run the clean-up bat before the change log correct? Should I hold off on biffing?

Correct, to the first one, and you can biff if the BiG World Install.bat runs it... it will take couple of hours more though.

#7 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

ok although I think the biffing will run automatically while im away.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Yes... and as said, you don't need to worry about it.

#9 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

Well the install is complete with only one error I can find, this is simply amazing considering the number of mods and the various authors. Really all the people involved should really be proud of themselves.

Anyways enough brown nosing, here are the change logs for the two files that caused the error (see atched)

Mods affecting GPMERC.BCS:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ 0 3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
00001: ~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ 0 5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
00002: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
00003: /* from game biffs */ ~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ 0 0 // The Wheels of Prophecy
00004: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI
00005: ~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 10 // Drop Items on Frozen Death

Mods affecting CBNRT001.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ 0 0 // Check The Bodies
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter
00002: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5024 // Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost
00003: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots
00004: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI
00005: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 1 // Reduce to 50%

I usually hold off running the cleanup bat until I've played for a couple of days so if there is any other info required let me know

Thanks

Edit Opening up the game in DLTC I noticed this

Unknown resource: SK#NEHTX/3f9
Unknown resource: /0
Duplicate tileset in chitin.key: AR0072.tis (DATA\AREA150C.BIF data\tb#gen161.bif)

The unknown resource doesnt seem to be a problem but the duplicate tile set as me concerned should I be?

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBNR.7z   927bytes   186 downloads
  • Attached File  GPmerc.7z   8.63K   160 downloads

Edited by Sanity, 07 November 2009 - 07:30 AM.

#10 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:03 AM

Using the provided debug files, I've traced the error back to Wheels of Prophecy. Apparently, that mod corrupts GPMERC.BCS due to a typo in its tp2 installer.

The author has been informed.

#11 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

Is this something I should worry about? Will this error simply cause the monks scripts not to fire or will it cause something worst as the game looks for scripts it cant find ie poetential CTD. If its the former then I can live with that but...if not is there a easy fix?

Id really hate to do a reinstall due to a simple typo.

Any info would be appreciated,

#12 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:24 AM

The typo in the WoP installer may be small, but it has serious implications nonetheless. As noted above, it completely corrupts the script in question.

At best, any creatures that use that script will simply stand in place and do nothing. At worst, whenever such a creature appears in the area you'll get a crash to desktop. It's impossible to predict this accurately.

#13 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

Well I guess there is only one way to find out. Does any one know the area code for Abazigal/Sendai area? I will test and report back.

#14 --Fennek--

--Fennek--

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

"AR6100" BG2 ToB Area outside Sendai's Hideout
"AR6101" BG2 ToB Main Entrance Sendai's Lair
"AR6102" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Slavemaster
"AR6103" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Spiders
"AR6104" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Crossway
"AR6105" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Diaytha, Abishai
"AR6106" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Captain Egeissag
"AR6107" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Mithykyl
"AR6108" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Sendai
"AR6109" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Drow
"AR6110" BG2 ToB Sendai's Lair -- Odamaron
"AR6111" BG2 ToB Woodcutter's House -- Sendai's Area

"AR6000" BG2 ToB Abazigal's Entrance
"AR6001" BG2 ToB Abazigal's Lair Entrance Hall
"AR6002" BG2 ToB Abazigal's Lair -- Cells
"AR6003" BG2 ToB Abazigal's Lair -- Iycanth the Mad, Bondari
"AR6004" BG2 ToB Abazigal's Lair -- Fll'Yissetat
"AR6005" BG2 ToB Abazigal's Hideout
"AR6008" BG2 ToB Frost Salamander Cave
"AR6011" BG2 ToB Orbs and Gauth
"AR6012" BG2 ToB Pool Home -- breath under water

#15 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Thanks Fennek, but from what I could tell from the error report and what Avenger wrote on the G3 forums the scripts seem to be loaded on to monks. I tried to go to AR 5505 but cant seem to trigger the fight, I only get the cut scene and then can't talk to anyone. Does anyone know what globals must be set to trigger the fight? Or of the area code that triggers the fight with monks. BTW I maybe offbase with the monks so if anyone with more knowledge could tell me where I can test the scripts it would be much appreciated.

#16 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:57 AM

Well as expected I was apperently wrong about the monk. Checking CBNRT.cre (Northmen), I found the script on him in the override script slot. I summoned him using cheat codes and he appeared with a blue ring. When I forced attacked him, he turned red and fought back. I'm not sure if what I did triggered the right script. Looking at the script in DLTCEP it looks to me like a combat script, although it could be a romance script given my knowledge of BG Script language.

It again looks ok to me I.E playable, but I have been wrong in just about every assumption I've made to this point so...Is there anyway to fix the script and put in the override folder.

Edit BTW if anyone can tell me where I can find these Northmen, I will try to test them there.

Edited by Sanity, 07 November 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

It again looks ok to me I.E playable, but I have been wrong in just about every assumption I've made to this point so...Is there anyway to fix the script and put in the override folder.

The affected part of the script is a call for arms/help, so you actually have to have two or more monks, and when you kill one, the others should attack.

#18 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for that info Jarno

I summoned the three northmen and forced attacked one. The other two went hostile and began to attack as well. I kicked their ass just in case anyone is curious.

Again no problems that I could see....(crosses fingers)