BiG World Project (BWP) v8.2

• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#261 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

But the problem with Anomen is that the feature runs a script that makes the kit change when the quest is complete...

IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("IKNPCKit","LOCALS",0)
Global("AnomenIsKnight","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
AddKit(GODHELM)
ReallyForceSpellRES("IKitAno1",Myself)
SetGlobal("IKNPCKit","LOCALS",1)
END

...so if the base class is changes before that, the whole creature goes F big time, whell unless we add the-
Class(Myself,FIGHTER_ALL)
Class(Myself,CLERIC_ALL)
-check to the script. And that's only the 1 case for one NPC, the other is the Berserker morph for Anomen, and what if we use a kit? And then Refinements and a Kit? And...

You rock ya know ^_^ Stuff like this is exactly the thing needed in the BWPFixpack. And as for stuff that makes Anomen into other kits, the BWS can always list them as incompatible :P

I'm just wondering what might be a plausible solution for the Level-50/40 thing ... maybe request the modauthors to expand them to L50?? <_< Then there's the problem with the unsupported kits ... list them as conflicts with the XP-cap remover?? (some people might not like that though :unsure:)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#262 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

I'm just wondering what might be a plausible solution for the Level-50/40 thing ... maybe request the modauthors to expand them to L50?? <_< Then there's the problem with the unsupported kits ... list them as conflicts with the XP-cap remover?? (some people might not like that though :unsure:)

Well, the obvious answer is to extend their clab****.2da file, or whatever it's called in the mods, that is, if the Level 50 rules are installed by one of the 5 mods. :P

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#263 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

Extend, yes :D but on the basis of what?? :whistling: For all we know, the mod author might have totally different ideas of their HLAs and stuff ... Not to mention, some stuff like some kits have this Gains X% Magic Resistance every level thing could be capped at 40, meaning that there should/would be something else that could grow in 40-50 ^_^

EDIT: But, all this stuff about kits aside, methinks we should rather focus more on the more important stuff like the new BWS, the BP-Balancer or the biffing overhaul stuff ...

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 20 December 2009 - 09:21 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#264 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

From my tests with installing 100 kits or so, I have seen problems with kits that are installed trying to use bytes or using bytes already written so it loops. A new kit I installed was in the IDS and 2da files but the character was a Kensai instead of Paladin, Wizard slayer instead of Bard kit. It is interesting to note that the ability to select all or more kits through the list may not mean that the kits are functioning properly.

This needs a lot of testing and looking into the KIT.IDS and KITTLIST.2da writability. Just a thought before everyone goes installing every kit mod and can select one but it may not work. On the other hand it may have been how the mods were writing to the files and could be updated.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#265 smercurio

smercurio
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (I did a search, but did not find this specific issue), but Full Plate & Packing Steel has an issue with the method it uses to adjust the resistances. Basically, once a part of the script kicks in, whenever the party moves to a new area, as soon as the party appears, Player1 jumps slightly to a new location. It may be related to the Widescreen Mod. I've started to experience this issue and find it quite annoying (not to mention jarring). More information on the specifics can be found at the G3 forum: http://forums.gibber...showtopic=18767.

#266 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

More information on the specifics can be found at the G3 forum: http://forums.gibber...showtopic=18767.

Are you bowbow99 at G3?
If yes, great that you have reported this to erik in the correct forum.
If not, you should make a post there, too, so erik get the information, that more users have the same problem.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#267 smercurio

smercurio
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Are you bowbow99 at G3?
If yes, great that you have reported this to erik in the correct forum.
If not, you should make a post there, too, so erik get the information, that more users have the same problem.

Greetings Leomar

No, I'm not. However, I took your advice and added a reply to that thread to indicate I have also encountered the issue.

#268 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

Heya all and merry christmas :cheers:

Please have some patience and bear with me.. been a while since last I messed around with BG :whistling:

been reading the BWP 8.2 guide and this part confuses me:

------------------
J. POSSIBLE ERROR MESSAGES AND THEIR REMOVAL

An Assertion failed in CHSound.cpp at line number 4905

?> The songlist may only have 100 entries (0 - 99). Make sure that the cursor is directly behind the last letter of MX5411.MUS without any space or return!

--------------------------

Could anyone be so kind as to clarify what it means.. :blink:

Also, I've read somewhere that there is a way to bypass the songlist.2da limit, and searched around until it got me to that Taimon tob hacks and the "increase limit to 500".. anyway the guide says to not install that, and also mentions:

---------------------------

26.1.2. Double-click the Setup. The DOS dialogue appears:

Install Component [Baldur?s Gate Trilogy - Music]? choose one:

1] Full Baldur?s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast Music

2] Hybrid Baldur?s Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music

3] Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)

---------------------------

However it doesn't mentions if that will leave free slots in the songlist.2da

So lets say I pick option 3, I'm "assuming" songlist.2da will be somehow patched to allow more than 99 entries.. there are 2 questions that I must ask, provided my assumption is correct:

1 - If I try to install via weidu, new mods whose adds songs to the list, will it be successful? Can anyone verify if there are free slots and how many?? (This will probably spare me a full reinstall..)

2 - ..Noticed that this step of BGT music I pasted above (was cut/paste from the guide) is done pretty much at the end of the install, so I'm also "assuming" that prior to this point many mods which tried to add songs into the songlist.2da have failed to do so cause of the 99 limit ??? (if I do remember right CtB takes a lotta slots), so mods like for example longest road, will not have their unique song played in the game :angry: . If that is positive couldn't this whole process of altering the songlist be moved to an early point in the install, as to not leave any song being missed ??

As a plus, this taimon hacks lits two features that look cool and harmless enough, the "Non-cumulative blindness effect" and "Stay invisible after successful pickpocket", however these are also listed in red as to not install... can anyone tell or remember why??

Anyway, I'vent read the whole guide yet, so if there are major misunderstandings on my part please make me aware of these. Also I will probably come back with some more questions/doubts... ^_^

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#269 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

1. The BWP 8.2 does install Taimon's hacks (but to make the .2da upto 500, BGT uses its own version of Taimon's hack - BGTMusic :P) :cheers:

2. You can check the number of songs by downloading NearInfinity and opening SONGLIST.2DA :cheers: It has serial numbersa nd everything :P

3. Mods can add as many songs as they want, the limit isn't fixed in the .2da itself (which is just a .txt with a different extension :P) ... The problem is that the game itself (BGMain.exe) crashes if there are more songs than 99 (o-99 that is :lol:)

So, this is what happens,
  • Mod adds song #100, #101, ....
  • Taimon's hack enables BGMain.exe to use songs #100, #101, ..., #499
  • You play game :P
(Ooooh the color!!!! :D Please change the color to something more ... not-so-hurting-the-eyes :P)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 25 December 2009 - 06:03 PM.

#270 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hmmm so what you're saying is that all songs will be there despite choices in the BGT music and order of mods install, right? Thats awesome :woot:

And if you thought those colors were bad lets try some smiley colors what do you think of these uh uh uh ??

Perhaps you use a different set of colors, green and red look good here, but yellow.. damn you !!! Though I'll try to avoid it in the future.. maybe ^^

:P

That leaves only the plus stuff of that mod, well that wasn't so important anyways.
Thanks for the fast reply!

#271 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

THIS ... IS ... NOT SMILEY COLOR!!!! :D

The inner subtleties of smileys goes a long way in exemplifying the most degenerate range of human emotions. Smileys can be used to great effect to purport the actual expressions that the user discloses at the time of the actualization of such artistic expression.

Which means ... I liekz smileyz :crazy:

That leaves only the plus stuff of that mod, well that wasn't so important anyways.

Hmmm ... I dunno about those though. The "invisible after backstab" thing looks cool :) If you want, try it in your install and tell the BWP guys whether it works :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 25 December 2009 - 06:59 PM.

#272 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

Drizzt Saga, Dark Horizons v2.02 and The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight are mods so far that have a normal version and a BGT version.. I should use the BGT version right? This is kinda obvious but just to be 100% sure ^_^

Edited by Himself, 26 December 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#273 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

Yes, use BGT versions with BWP (which uses BGT). :rolleyes:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#274 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Drizzt Saga,Dark Horizons v2.02 and The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight are mods so far that have a normal version and a BGT version.. I should use the BGT version right? This is kinda obvious but just to be 100% sure ^_^

Why not just run the BWS, and let it download, extract and finally (in a way, as the BiG World Install.bat does this:) install the files?

#275 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

Dunno.. it didn't download a lot of stuff here, and I'm 99% positive everything was added and double checked.

But I'm also old school too so maybe it was for the best.. I kinda like to do by hand (besides this PC is running Win 7, never tried BG in here so I wanna look very close and see how things go) .. old habits ya know -_-

Edited by Himself, 26 December 2009 - 03:20 PM.

#276 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:01 PM

Just noticed that the Boards of Magic Item Pack has a full 13 MB backup folder in the pack
NeJ has a 60 MB backup!!! :o
The BP-Balancer also has a full 1 MB backup
MTS Crappack, Summon Bhaalspawn, Perils of Branwen and Jerry Zinger also have full backups ...

So, question time, would having a backup already present screw up stuff?? :P

Cheers,
Lol

#277 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

Just noticed that the Boards of Magic Item Pack has a full 13 MB backup folder in the pack
NeJ has a 60 MB backup!!! :o
The BP-Balancer also has a full 1 MB backup
MTS Crappack, Summon Bhaalspawn, Perils of Branwen and Jerry Zinger also have full backups ...

So, question time, would having a backup already present screw up stuff?? :P

Well, if you go and uninstall not installed mod... but generally if the file is overwritten after a backup is made, the backup is stored into the backup folder, so it will overwrite the one already existing there...so the files there are just a waste of space. But there might be a few cases where the files are used in the uninstall, like the uninstall.bat's ...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 December 2009 - 02:11 AM.

#278 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

Thanks Jarno :cheers:

I did an expert install yesterday and these are the errors I got :P

This patch got rejected by the BWPFixpack (probably cause I was using the version that got uploaded yesterday :cheers:)
patching file `SETUP-BardSong_BG2_IWD.tp2'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 174.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 241.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to SETUP-BardSong_BG2_IWD.tp2.rej
processing fixes for "Bdash"
Rupert the Dye Merchant
Compiling 4 scripts ...

[rupert/rupert/JL#RCMAG.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 24 column 1-69
Near Text: )
	[Polymorph] argument [MAGE_MALE_GNOMOE] not found in [Animate.IDS]
Copying 4 files ...

Compiling 1 script ...
Ninde NPC (already reported)
[ninde/scripts/lk#npal.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 166 column 1-27
	[Shout] argument [HELP_ME_GROUP153] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[ninde/scripts/lk#npal.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 173 column 1-34
	[Heard] argument [HELP_ME_GROUP153] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[ninde/scripts/lk#npal.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 180 column 1-32
	[Heard] argument [FLEE_FROM_MAGE] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]
Extending game scripts ...
Xulaye NPC (already reported)
Extending game scripts ...

[xulaye/scripts/lk#udardul.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 4 column 1-36
	[Heard] argument [HELP_ME_GROUP151] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]
Copying 1 file ...
SCS: Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost
Copying and patching 12154 files ...
ERROR: [REEVOR.CRE] -> [override/REEVOR.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 5252 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5024.
Uninstalled	5252 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5024.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCS.DEBUG to www.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost] because of error.
Revised Battles
We do not tamper with charbase.cre lightly.
ERROR: cannot convert i1 or %i1% to an integer
ERROR: [REEVOR.CRE] -> [override/REEVOR.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Modify .CRE Proficiencies, Abilities & Effects. This component MUST be installed.], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 2045 files for [SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2] component 27.
Uninstalled	2045 files for [SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2] component 27.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.DEBUG to erebusant@verizon.net
Automatically Skipping [Modify .CRE Proficiencies, Abilities & Effects. This component MUST be installed.] because of error.
ding0's Quest Pack: Nazariel the Lich
Copying and patching 5 files ...

[action list near line 6849, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 6854 column 1-39
	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[action list near line 6883, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 6888 column 1-39

[action list near line 6925, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 6930 column 1-39

[action list near line 6959, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 6964 column 1-39

[action list near line 11686, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11687 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11698, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11699 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11710, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11711 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11722, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11723 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11734, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11735 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11746, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11747 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11794, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11795 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11806, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11807 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11818, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11819 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11830, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11831 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11842, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11843 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11854, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11855 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11866, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11867 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11878, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11879 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11890, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11891 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11902, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11903 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11914, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11915 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 11926, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 11927 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS][action list near line 4167, column 2 of viconij.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 4168 column 1-14Near Text: )	[Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Now, would someone please be kind enough to tell me which ones to report and which ones are useless :P And why does this REEVOR.cre always asplode in my installs?? :angry:

Oh, and WeiDU.log if need be :P

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 28 December 2009 - 12:20 AM.

#279 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:24 AM

Ok, the error with Rupert can be solved by changing the typo in line 24 of rupert\rupert\JL#RCMAG.baf (GNOMOE -> GNOME) :lol:

ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),Polymorph(MAGE_MALE_GNOME))

Cheers,
Lol

#280 Jakar

Jakar
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hi everyone. Installed BWS 8.2 standard with manually selected mods (i guess i should avoid problems as i choose "save" mods. i guess, again). The problem i've got is that in the beginning of the game (in candlekeep) 'charname' gets level up. And he levels up to 6 level. Imoen follows maddnes and gets level 6 too.
Is this because of Level 1 npc mod?

my weidu.log

just tell me and i'll give more information about the game or how did i install it. i just don't know if there are any.

Attached Files

Edited by Jakar, 28 December 2009 - 02:32 PM.