4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hey ya'll!

Sorry for the downtime yesterday; as a part of our upgrade process something went awfully wrong, and almost our entire members database was deleted, sending me and SConrad (let's be honest, mostly SConrad) into a frenzy of fixing.

He has managed to restore most things to what they were before the deletion, but you will notice some oddities. Post-counts may be slightly different, last-posted-by in various forums may be wrong, any PMs from the last week have been deleted, and most unfortunately, almost any avatar and personal photo added or changed within the last two years is permanently gone.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. SC has done an amazing job to get us back on track, so big props to him! :cheers:

Thanks everyone.

P.S. Hopefully any remaining problems will be ironed out when we do our forum upgrade/overhaul sometime next week. :)

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Sorry there was so much trouble--and thanks to all for getting the forums back up so quickly.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

I'm just sorry to all the members who have to re-upload their avatars and photos! :(

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

Sh!t happens. Of course it does.

-Y-

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm just sorry to all the members who have to re-upload their avatars and photos! :(

Not to mention the members who aren't posting here anymore... they're going to remain without avatars, creating a somewhat bland look on the forums for a while.