Sunsets

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 -Lady_Caetlyn-

-Lady_Caetlyn-

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:40 AM

This is just a little thing that was floating around in my mind one day while I was driving home from work. I want to thank Jason for writing the Kelsey mod because this scenario doesn't work well with Anomen. (Though I DO like the Anomen romance and wait eagerly for the flirtpack)

Kat sat on a large boulder outside of the Zephyr, spell book in hand. She had decided that she wanted to be out-of-doors that afternoon, as the tiny tavern was too crowded for her liking. Also, she just needed to be alone, to think. There was only one challenge left in the plane. She had defeated Balthazar, though the battle had been tough, and none of them escaped uninjured. The end was nearing. It scared her, as she did not know what the future would bring.

She thought about Kelsey. In the short time they had been together he had become a trusted friend, and, she believed, her soul mate. He always knew the right thing to say at the right time. He knew how to make her laugh, and how to chase away the nightmares that still plagued her. He was truly a special man. Aside from Imoen, the best thing to happen to me in a long time, she thought. She subconsciously twisted her engagement ring and tried to imagine what life with Kelsey would be like. Living in Berdusk would be nice. A new and exciting place. A chance to start life over. She imagined them opening that store that Kelsey dreamed of. They would work side by side, she would help man the store while he played in his laboratory, she could copy spells and make potions to sell?maybe Kelsey could even start a school for sorcerer's. It would be a good life?if they survived all of this. That was the key to all this?survival. That and dealing with her tainted blood. Would the destruction of her Bhaal siblings take away the taint, or would it be part of her forever.

She shivered slightly as a cool breeze blew over the desert. The sunset was beautiful. Lots of colors blending into one another, truly an inspiring sight. She smiled. It was nice to gaze upon something of such beauty after dealing with such destruction. She continued to gaze into the sky as Kelsey came and sat beside her. ?You know, you should probably go inside where it?s a bit warmer, love.? He said.

?I know I should, but I wanted to look at the sunset. It?s so pretty. Also?I just needed to?to get away from everything.? She sighed. ?I am so sick of all this, Kelsey. I just want it to end, to ride off into that sunset, all of this behind me.?

?I understand how you feel.? Kelsey put his arms around her and drew her close. ?If I could take you away from your destiny, I would in a heartbeat.? He sighed. "But you and I both know that this has to be played out to completion?it's the only way to end all this.?

?I hope you are right. I?m tired of the destruction, of the bloodshed. I?ve lost so many friends and companions, not to mention the man I considered my father. This destiny weighs on me.? Her eyes narrowed. ?Damn it all to hell!? She growled.

?Shhh, love, it?s alright.? Kelsey tried to soothe her. ?This destiny of yours is a heavy one, and not one I would wish on my worst enemy,? he said. ?But you have carried it well, remarkably well in fact. I don?t know if any of us could hold up under the pressure as you have. The fact that you have successfully been fighting the taint speaks volumes for your character, and your strength.?

?Maybe, it does, but I?m scared that I will eventually give into it. Then what? I not only destroy myself, but our child as well, not to mention you and Imoen and Sarevok, and everyone.? Kat spat bitterly.

Kelsey sighed. ?I?m scared too. But I love you, and I know you, and I know that you would kill yourself before hurting any of us.? He kissed her cheek. ?It will all be ok. We will finish this, and then we can begin our life together. I will stand by you as long as it takes.? He took her face in his hands. ?I want to take care of you and,? he put his hand on her stomach, ?our baby. You both mean the world to me.?

?Thank you. It means a lot to hear you say that.?

?I mean it, and when this is all over, we will be able to watch the sun set every night.? Kelsey stood up and offered his hands to Kat. ?Now, I think we should go inside.?

Kat took the offered hand, and after giving her beloved a lingering kiss, followed him inside.