Fallen Tears: Short Story

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 -ShadowHunter-

-ShadowHunter-

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:46 PM

Hello again all. I was looking through the floppy where i wright on, and found this story. I had written it and posted it on The Attic, as part of the last quiz. It involves a Bhallspawn, and his lover (or something close to lover ). Anyway, it will be posted in two part, each about a page long in Word. Hope you enjoy....

Fallen Tears: Part 1 of 2

The rain washed everything away. Her tears fell to the ground, and the blood from the bodies ran with it. But more than just human blood washed into the sewers. Something?godlike?.had been in her lover. Something that he never wanted to tell her, something he didn?t want to believe. He wanted to protect her from the world, to shield her with his immense body and strong, coordinated muscles. But he hadn?t been strong enough.

But he?s still here?

A small, forceful voice sounded in her head. ?Wha- What? Who-?

She turned in fright to the crazed woman, and almost got a scream out. But a crossbow bolt slammed into her neck, blood shooting everywhere. She fell to the floor, limp.

Look at how easy she died! She was no better than you, and should not have thought so. You see, I am a justice bringer. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Anx searched the room, and found much gold and jewels.

Ahhh, now to get this on?

The woman bent down, compelled by the force, and took the bloodstained dress from the dead woman. With a quick spell it was clean, and the woman began to strip. She wanted to cry?to crawl away and just cry, in the arms of the real Anx. The caring, passionate Anx. But Anx wouldn?t let her. She moved in front of the mirror, and began to strip. She had always been proud of her beautiful body, but now she hated it.

Oh, yes?your body. You always looked better without clothes on?Heh, heh, heh, heh?..

The chuckling was wicked. It hurt her, and she again wanted to cry. She just wanted to-

Oh, stop it! I?m tried of your babbling. I?m trying to do something here, and all you can think about is crying. Just shut up!!

The dress was on now, and she was searching the room. She looked in all the drawers, and finally found a dagger and gold. Lots of gold.

Ha ha ha ha ha! That?s what I call loot! Now, wasn?t that worth it? Now I need to find a body. A suitable one?Maybe a mage?s? No, that would be too hard a fight for you, being the weakling that you are. We?ll find a fighter. An inexperienced one. Then I will bring him to the top. He will like his life...like what he is doing.

She let her body be walked outside, let him take her around to a corner, where lower adventurers usually hung. She looked around the corner, and surly there were some adventures, talking and waiting. The rain had stopped, leaving a pleasant mist in the air. She could smell it, but it didn?t smell pleasant to her. She turned back, not in the adventurer?s sightline yet.

She watched as he tore the dress, letting her breast fall out, with only a thin layer covering it. She tore another long line down her leg, and pushed her leg out, showing her clean, long, smooth leg. Then she let her golden hair down, and shook it loose. She felt a sexy smile coming to her face, and she moved out, leaving her crossbow behind but taking the dagger tucked into her panties.

She moved out, and walked down to the adventurers. She looked at one, and his eyes lit up. He wore a long sword at his side, and leather armor. But they wouldn?t protect him now, not from himself. She winked at him, and tilted her head to the side, then back again, telling him to come with her. He hurriedly followed, not even stopping to say bye to his friends.

Oh?he wants you?bad?

She got him behind a building, and started to take off his shirt. She kissed him, and threw him against the wall. He had already taken off his armor and sword, and they lay out of his reach, off to the side. She raised her hand, as if to take off her dress, but she brought it down forcefully on his face. His head fell to the side, and he was out cold.

That was simple. I love simple things. Like getting you in bed. That?s simple.

She wanted to slap him. But she couldn?t. It was simple, she realized. She had barely known him, though she had traveled with him three months beforehand. She watched as she took out the dagger, and slit open her own wrist, and then the wrist of the man. She put them together, and felt released of his presence. She fell to the ground, unsupported. The man sat up, and shook his head. ?Who- who are you??? he asked out loud. He eyes darted around, and saw her lying there bleeding. He reached out to her- or started to, but was pulled back by an unseen force. He sat rigid, and then his eyes began to change. There was something in them now?fire. They lit up like orbs with a bright glow.

She sniffled back tears, not wanting to look defeated. The man got up. ?I?m sorry, but I don?t have my cleric powers anymore. He, he. Goodbye, my love. You weren?t that bad in bed. He, he.?

She watched at he picked up the armor and the sword, and run off. She looked at her wrist, bleeding freely, and covering the ground in a thick pool of blood. She slowly felt her power drain. She saw the dagger, and picked it up with her good hand. ?A pawn. That what I was. Just a pawn.? She started to cry, then plunged the dagger into her stomach. Her tears stopped, but the blood kept pouring.

There was a huge emphasis on love, and she almost fell to the ground. He was inside her! ?How-? she began to ask.

It does not matter, my love. We?ll be together for all eternity, our souls run together. Don?t you remember?

She held her hand to her head. The voice was getting louder, and she could recognize the voice. It was certainly her love, her lost love, Anx. She recalled the day they had spilled their blood on each other. She recalled how he had healed them afterwards, for they had had to slit their wrists to do it properly. He was a cleric, and a powerful one. He chanted with ease, and healed them both. He had said their souls were tied.

Yes, that?s right?tied.

The voice emphasized the last word. The woman jumped, not knowing she had said the last sentence out loud.

No, my love. You didn?t. You don?t need to?.

She started to understand. He was inside her- inside her very thoughts. She began to notice she was walking, walking away. She hadn?t been thinking, but she knew she didn?t tell her legs to move.

Oh, sorry love. I took the honor, while you were idle. I?ll leave it to you from now on.

She smiled. ?Can you see that, Anx?? she thought.

Oh yes dear, I can see everything.

She walked into the inn, leaving the dead Shadow Thieves behind. She had a thought-conversation with the voice, and he told her to do things. To do bad things. He told her there was a lot of gold in the room upstairs, and all she had to do is kill one puny person. ?No,? she protested. ?I can?t. That?s a person, Anx, a real person!? But she was moving upstairs anyway. She resisted, coaxing the voice. ?Please, Anx. I love you!?

Fool?You must seize life by the horns! Get what you want! She is noble, no better than you! Why should you be lower than her? Kill her?Just take her things?A prettier robe, more gold?why not? She does not deserve it.

Even though the voice was enticing, she still had doubts. But it didn?t matter. Anx had her; she was moving up to the room, drawing her crossbow. She loaded it, and screamed. She tried to scream out loud, but she couldn?t open her mouth. ?No Anx, please?If you love me, you will-?

What do you know about love? You go through your petty life, smiling and strutting everywhere. You get nowhere, sooner or later, you will die. But me? I will never die. I will transport from body to body, slowly taking over more. I can?t die. You can?t stop me, nor can anyone. And you think you were respectable. Respect this!!

She kicked open the door, splintering it to pieces. She could still not move, but the pain went all through her leg, burning and throbbing. She had known Anx was getting more evil, after he had made the deal with the Vampire Guild.

The woman stood in the center of the room, brushing her hair.

As always, comments and crits are welcome.