Why should Mazzy become a paladin?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -WindWalker-

-WindWalker-

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:31 AM

Since Mazzy was not a paladin in the first place, why make her one? She already has some cool paladin abilities as special abilities, which make her an invaluable fighter. Not to mention it sounds weird for a halfling to be a paladin in 2e.

Edited by WindWalker, 08 August 2004 - 10:38 PM.

#2 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:13 AM

Because its her dream? Because she has a great heart to be one? Because she deserves it and a lot of people were rather surprise she didnt become one?

It's not the abilities she has, I say. She is a great warrior alright, its for roleplaying purposes, i want her to become a paladin, thats the least the order can do with such a brave and fair woman :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#3 MagusWizardo

MagusWizardo

Don't ask... please don't ask.

• 201 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:46 PM

But alot of Mazzy's personality is built around the fact that she wants to be a Paladin, but can't be.

#4 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:23 AM

But alot of Mazzy's personality is built around the fact that she wants to be a Paladin, but can't be

This is true, but thats why this is an optional mod component - one can always decide to skip it ;) .
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#5 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:52 AM

But alot of Mazzy's personality is built around the fact that she wants to be a Paladin, but can't be.

Well, maybe it could be made an exception if she proves herself worthy of that... :rolleyes:

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:39 AM

*shame shame on me*
I should have posted a such disclaimer, since this breaks 2nd edition strict rules...

But, you have a point: I still haven't written dialogue enhancements. It's the same as GB's level1NPCs mod, except that... well, except for a number of things, but the effect on Mazzy is almost the same... ;)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#7 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

So I suspect that this mod precludes me from using Idobek's NPC tweaks from G3 at the same time, correct?
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#8 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

Actually, I didn't test, but they should work together, seeing as this mod will paladinize Mazzy only after a quest. So, you'd grab Mazzy as a Truesword, and then follow the new quest and get the paladin version.

Or that would be the idea, at least,if I did everything correctly ;)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#9 -Multi-Madd Modder-

-Multi-Madd Modder-

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

so after playing through this quest i get the Truesword kit for Mazzy. i got the quest from Biff the Understudy, i just picked up Mazzy from her home. So Biff is outside the Fentan home, i agree to help, we are teleported to the new location, first i get attacked by a crazed little halfling wearing a Helm of Opp. Align., i check the map and the markers for the mayor, apperition, and the guy whom stole the boots are in the wrong places. after the whole change over to Truesword nothing takes me back to the main game. i love the mod. it is great to have Mazzy as a Paladin over the high and mighty Anomen!