The Bravo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:51 AM

Bravo

The Bravo, also known as the Blade-slinger, is a mix of warrior and rogue. Addicted to the excitement of one-on-one combat wearing little or no armor, only those with an extraordinarily rare combination of luck and near-inhuman speed can hope to succeed as Bravos. Almost always young (Bravos rarely reach old age), the Bravo relies on reckless aggression to take out more physically powerful or skilled foes, and such is the fury of the Bravo's initial attack that he or she often succeeds. Outside of combat Bravos make their way in the world through wit and charm, often seeking wealthy patrons to direct their adventures. A Bravo that reaches middle-age tends to support himself or herself as a con-artist, duelist, or weapons instructor, until the inevitable day when a younger Bravo challenges him or her to one last fight.

Advantages:
- Extra 1/2 attack per 5 levels until level 20
- Extra +1 THACO, +1 Damage and +1 AC bonus per 5 levels until level 20
- May use the 'Vadere' ability once per day, as detailed below.
- May use the 'Patrocinor' ability once per day, as detailed below.
- A Bravo starts off moving at +2 move
- May put 2 proficiency points in thief weapons
- Starts with 2 proficiency points in duel weilding and can put up to 3 proficiency points into it

Disadvantages:
- Gets only 15 points to distribute between theif abilities each level.
- Gets a penalty to 'hide' and 'move silently' theif abilities
- No backstab multiplier
- Unable to Set Traps

Vadere:
- 4 STR while in use. +1 to hit per 5 levels, +1 damage per 5 levels. All hits do full damage.
Duration of level/2 rounds, useable once per day, fatigued for 5 rounds after use.

Patrocinor:
- 4 STR while in use. +1 AC and Saving Throws per 4 levels, -1 Thaco per 4 levels.
Duration of level/2 rounds, useable once per day, fatigued for 5 rounds after use.

If there's any questions about the kit feel free to ask, we need your opinions :thumb:

Edited by Ragnar, 12 August 2004 - 02:47 AM.

Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If their world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!"

Vash: "Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!"
Wolfwood: "Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!?"
Vash: "I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!"

It's all happening here

#2 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:23 AM

- I'd suggest lowering the special abilities' duration to 1round/level instead of the current 2/level.
- Also, the +15 to thief abilities seems still too much, how about lowering the bonus to +1/level?
- I'd heavily consider granting maximum damage with the Vadere ability - with all the other bonuses of this innate, the Bravo would end up dealing tremendous damage for a long time. Too long if you ask me.

And one more thing: could you provide some info on the proposed HLA table of this kit?
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:31 AM

- I'd suggest lowering the special abilities' duration to 1round/level instead of the current 2/level.

I think you misunderstand. Level/2 means that if the character is at level 14, the ability will last 7 rounds. Half, in other words.

- Also, the +15 to thief abilities seems still too much, how about lowering the bonus to +1/level?

Which bonus are you talking about?

- I'd heavily consider granting maximum damage with the Vadere ability - with all the other bonuses of this innate, the Bravo would end up dealing tremendous damage for a long time. Too long if you ask me.

The maximum damage is the usual damage, not the maximum possible critical hit-damage. It's for balancing the -4 strength.

And one more thing: could you provide some info on the proposed HLA table of this kit?

As soon as we've finished it.

To all that doesn't know (TGM does); the Bravo-kit will include several Refinements-HLA's, for better gameplay.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:33 AM

Also, the +15 to thief abilities seems still too much, how about lowering the bonus to +1/level?

TG, I suppose you meant +10 per level.

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:51 AM

I think you misunderstand. Level/2 means that if the character is at level 14, the ability will last 7 rounds. Half, in other words

Understood, my mistake then. ^_^

Gets only 15 points to distribute between theif abilities each level

This is the bonus I've been talking about. 10 would be enough I think.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#6 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

I think you misunderstand. Level/2 means that if the character is at level 14, the ability will last 7 rounds. Half, in other words

Understood, my mistake then. ^_^

Since that's actually half of what you suggested, I take it that's reasonable?

Gets only 15 points to distribute between theif abilities each level

This is the bonus I've been talking about. 10 would be enough I think.

It's a good idea. We'll see about it... Unless I'm mistaken, it's a hardcoded matter, but I could be wrong.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner