where are the kits?!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:57 AM

Started a new game, but i cant find the kits to choose?
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:00 AM

As I said on IRC, they're not choseable, like "normal" kits.

Look in the readme. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:56 AM

Started a new game, but i cant find the kits to choose?

CLUA in the books and read them, or go to Waukeen's Promenade, find Mystra's Witness and talk to him.

Having the change occur from reading the book was my crude way of allowing for odd combos like Blade/Cleric, Skald/Cleric, Illusionist/Cleric, etc.

#4 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:09 AM

Ahh, great, and just another question: is this available for npcs as well or only the PC ?

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#5 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:42 AM

Ahh, great, and just another question: is this available for npcs as well or only the PC ?

Give the books to any Arcane NPC you'd like (except Aerie). :) Let Haer Dalis become your Blade/Cleric, and watch him turn undead like St.Cuthbert himself. Let Edwin put Cleric Spells in a spell sequencer. Turn Kelsey into a follower of Mystra and Cleric- Sorcerer.

Note: The next release should be out in a month or so, and will expand and streamline the mod. No quests, but better books, more spells, some dialog, etc.

#6 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:17 AM

Uh... any specific reason why not Aerie? Like... i like the girl... sorceress/cleric... uhm... so... anyway will my BG2 explode if i make her a s/c ? :)

The other two.. i dont play with them. i only play with 4 people... and this time around ill try Tsjulatha :D

#7 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

Uh... any specific reason why not Aerie? Like... i like the girl... sorceress/cleric... uhm... so... anyway will my BG2 explode if i make her a s/c ? :)

The other two.. i dont play with them. i only play with 4 people... and this time around ill try Tsjulatha :D

Aerie is already a Cleric/Mage; the books will only turn her into a Cleric/Mage with an overcrowded spell book. :)

However, if you would like to make a SOrcerer/Cleric Aerie, it will take two minutes in Shadowkeeper or NI to make her a Sorrceress; at that point, you can give her the books. Best of both worlds. ;)

For that matter, it would be dead easy to add a "Sorceress/Cleric for Aerie" component to the mod. I'd only have to edit three or four .cre files. I may do that, in which case thanks for the suggestion. ;)

#8 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:24 PM

Ehhh, awww, too bad! Pls do it! I'll appreciate it very much, cos i suck at SK/NI/whatever program ;_;

#9 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:01 PM

Just made you an Aerie The Cleric Sorcerer. I'll post it later today or early tomorrow, as soon as I get back from work, to which I must now go. :)

Won't be WEIDU: Youll need to drop it into your Overide folder.

#10 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:21 PM

THAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU :D