Infinity Engine Modlist

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:33 AM

Almost a year ago, I decided to create a comprehensive list of all the mods made for Baldur's Gate 2. As time went by, the list grew and grew, and was eventually complemented by similar lists for Baldur's Gate 1, Icewind Dale, and Icewind Dale 2, as well as lists of all the various modding communities and portrait sites. To say that it took up quite a bit of time is an understatement. All of the lists were posted on numerous sites around the 'net and usenet.

To make things easier for me and more convenient for players everywhere, we at the Pocket Plane Group have setup a centralized database to consolidate all of these various lists. This new setup allows for easier categorization of all the mods, as well as allowing mod authors to submit their own entries.

The database is by no means complete just yet. TeamBG is still down, and a few other sites are inaccessible, but they will be added when and if the situation changes. The database population will be an ongoing project of ours for the next several days, so please bear with us. Feel free to help us out, however, and submit your own links. Please note, however, that only completed/beta mods will be listed.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone individually for making the IE modding community one of the most diverse and vibrant groups around. Without you all, my work would all be for naught. :)

So, without further ado, I present to you the Pocket Plane Group Infinity Engine Modlist: http://modlist.pocketplane.net

#2 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:06 AM

It is remarkable that FWS is not even listed among modding communities...

#3 Bardamu

Bardamu
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:15 AM

:thumb: VERY USEFUL, THANKS !!

#4 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:52 AM

I am allowing each community to submit their own entry/description. All of the ones currently listed were entered by members of their respective communities.

The nice thing about the modlist database is that it allows user submissions. :)

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:08 PM

When is FW going to place an entry?

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#6 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:55 AM

I'm told that it's because there's no such thing.

And who am I to question?
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#7 -WindWalker-

-WindWalker-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:04 AM

Who agrees with me that this thread deserves a 'sticky'?

#8 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:07 AM

everyone is free to post threads like this, im free not to show any favoritism by never stickying any :)

#9 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:41 AM

Am I the only one questioning on why this thread seems to be less important than the thread about the new version of EE?

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#10 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

It takes epic endeavours to have a pinned thread. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#11 -WindWalker-

-WindWalker-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:41 AM

Am I the only one questioning on why this thread seems to be less important than the thread about the new version of EE?

-Galactygon

Definitely not the only one. :bash: :drunk:

Edited by WindWalker, 18 August 2004 - 11:42 AM.

#12 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:53 AM

I didn't pin it *shrugs*

besides, I do actually host that mod, advertising mods I host on my own forum isn't the same as advertising other groups im still not showing favoritism to any other group.

#13 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:06 PM

if we dont show some favoritism to FW in FW, then where? Besides, Fw has its own list. And its more complete, and its already pinned! So?! :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#14 -WindWalker-

-WindWalker-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:27 PM

And its more complete, and its already pinned! So?! :)

In what way? It's the same list as Icelus'.

...im still not showing favoritism to any other group.

It is good to hear that everybody is equal at the FW family. :thumb:

:help:

#15 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:27 PM

-Galactygon

I pinned that mostly as its talking about the redevelopment of an old mod...in a modders room. There are plenty of other places where mod lists can be found. Ice matains them in several other forums aside from this one, so its not like they are hard to find.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#16 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:00 PM

-Galactygon

Am I the only one in questioning why every thread and then one has to turn into bickering by oh-so-witty snide remarks?
It's getting pretty boring. :zzz:

Edited by Caswallon, 18 August 2004 - 03:03 PM.

#17 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:42 PM

I'd fully agree but will also concede I'm one of the guilty practioners in this instance =(

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#18 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:19 PM

In case you've not visited the Modlist lately, I highly suggest that you do so soon. :)

The database now has over 600 entries, covering not just every mod out there for all of the IE games, but also portraits, patches, tutorials, FAQs, walkthroughs, communities, fanfic forums, soundsets, tools, and much more.

And, as always, if you spot something that's missing, feel free to submit a link. :)

http://modlist.pocketplane.net

#19 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:36 PM

Adding a link for Soundset Sites was a very good idea! Some of my own work can be found on FilePlanet. :) Although, you only link to the BG2 Soundset section of FilePlanet, why not the BG1 section as well? There are plenty more soundsets under the BG1 heading.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#20 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:41 PM

Will take a look--thanks for the tip. :)