Photo

Love Talk for Torment?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Adahn

Adahn
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:41 AM

Do an of you guys know if there's a mod a little like the Flirt Pack for Baldur's Gate II? But for Torment? I'd be nice if you could have an alternate ending depending on your love talks with Annah or Fall-from-Grace.

#2 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:45 AM

If there isn't one on the Torment Mod List, then I doubt it. You may want to bring that up in Mod Idea's Forum, it's a good idea :thumb: (Although you couldn't change the ending for TNO without spoiling the story, but Fall-From-Grace's and Annah's could be...)
Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If their world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!"

Vash: "Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!"
Wolfwood: "Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!?"
Vash: "I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!"

It's all happening here

#3 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:04 AM

I doubt that the two girls will be very much into flirting, considering what happened to D.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:36 AM

Why mess with prefection! :)

#5 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:50 AM

Nothing's perfect.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#6 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:15 AM

Well with 20+ Charisma I wonder if any of them could resist him.... B)

Nothing's perfect.

Except me of cause :nana:
Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If their world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!"

Vash: "Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!"

It's all happening here

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:26 AM

I agreed... I mean... after the kiss you give Annah... and the way she answers to the Trascendent one. "He means more to me... than my life" - Lemme tell you guys, I really felt it. Right here *points to heart* . I'd atleast like a chance to do more other than just have the same ol' dialogue options you get afterwards. What do you guys think?

#8 Adahn

Adahn
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:30 AM

^ That was me ^^;;; sorry, i forgot to log in hehe

#9 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:36 AM

I'd say it would be a good idea, I mean you and Annah kiss and nothing really results of it (not including fire resistance :P ) no banters with the other NPC's about it or special talks to Annah about it. Fall-From-Grace can have more added to her (I have to find out what's in her diary :D )

It's all happening here

#10 Vlasák

Vlasák
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:45 PM

I don't think that it is a good idea to mod any of original PST characters. Everything added to the original NPC stuuf would break the feeling and balance of PST, imho...
le'ts make rather whole new NPC :P
Baldur's Gate II add-on CZ - TC from Dalelands
http://addoncz.gamestar.cz

English forums are opened!

#11 Adahn

Adahn
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:41 AM

A whole new npc could be nice too. But Ragnar's right ^^ We have to know what's in that diary.

#12 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:56 PM

A new NPC can't be coded in without removing one of the existing ones, AFAIK...
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#13 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:53 PM

A whole new npc could be nice too. But Ragnar's right ^^ We have to know what's in that diary.

Well, Fall-From-Grace could have been sent by the Baatezu to retrieve the Nameless One for the Blood War. :ph34r:

As for the diary itself, it could be her orders from the Baatezu. She never writes in it during the adventure. Moreover, her diary is one of the only two non default weapon/armor objects in the game attached (cannot be removed) to their owners, the Circle of Zerthimon being the other.
If a parallel can be drawn from these two objects, then Fall-From-Grace's diary is something that chains her to the Nameless One just as the Circle of Zerthimon chains Dak'kon to him.

From the conversation with Vrischika, we find that Fall-From-Grace might be a Baatezu spy/recruiter. The conversation with Fjhull the outcast Baatezu hints that one of the incarnations of the Nameless One signed a contract of some sort, (there is of course the chilling memory of signing something when you sign the Dead Contract, not to mention actual memories of the Blood War.)

Note that the Nameless One cannot get Fall-From-Grace to join him without telling her that he is an immortal amnesiac. Granted it might be genuine interest in an immortal on her part, but it could also be that she found the objective of her mission for the Baatezu.

Since acting depends on charisma, a CHR=19 makes her a phenomenal actress making it impossible to tell Fall-From-Grace's true intentions.

Of course, all this is just speculation on my part. :P

#14 Vlasák

Vlasák
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 01:02 AM

But look - if someone from modders would do some "secret diary mod" it is just the imagination of someone else from the original designers. There will be still doubts what is the real (original) meaning of that diary...
Baldur's Gate II add-on CZ - TC from Dalelands
http://addoncz.gamestar.cz

English forums are opened!

#15 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:50 AM

But look - if someone from modders would do some "secret diary mod" it is just the imagination of someone else from the original designers. There will be still doubts what is the real (original) meaning of that diary...

Of cause, I just said that as a light hearted jest, but if someone did do such a mod (who knows why) it could easily be explained in game, and a dairy wouldn't be that hard to do........

It's all happening here

#16 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:04 AM

Though I fear that an actual diary done by a mod would be a huge letdown for everyone (well, for me at least :D), as everybody has different ideas of what would be in that book... The main reason for the interest in this diary is that no one knows what's in there; and after you reveal it, a secret isn't one anymore.
So - while expanding on the PS:T NPCs is a good idea, I'd think it best to refrain from spelling out Grace's diary. :)

#17 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:24 AM

(Scratch that)

Edited by Barren Fischa, 26 August 2004 - 07:28 AM.

Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#18 Ragnar

Ragnar
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:34 AM

The diary itself could be written in some demon language, so you could find a way to open it but it would end up being pointless because you can't read it........

It's all happening here

#19 raptor

raptor
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:40 AM

Im for the NOT exspanding on the diary, as several mentioned before, it removes a bit of the mystery that is PST, and thus kills some of its wonders.

Oh and making it some sort of demonic or such would just send every single soul looking game through for someone that could teach them demonic, and tehn they would go complain on all forums they can fidn afterwards :) could actually be fun.

#20 raptor

raptor
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:42 AM

Im for the NOT exspanding on the diary, as several mentioned before, it removes a bit of the mystery that is PST, and thus kills some of its wonders.

Oh and making it some sort of demonic or such would just send every single soul looking game through for someone that could teach them demonic, and tehn they would go complain on all forums they can fidn afterwards :) could actually be fun.