What are your stats IRL?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#61 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:51 AM

You made me consider this. I got an IQ of 120 but I am certainly more intelligent than the average person in my high school. The questions asked in the IQ tests vary greatly and almost every time, they favour those with high skills in maths. If the questions were about history or literature, I would have fared better. But then what it is IQ if the number a person gets, depends on what questions are asked? Nothing.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 27 August 2004 - 07:52 AM.

#62 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:08 AM

I, too, have Mensa level IQ, though maths of all kinds are my worst subjects. I agree that the IQ test skews in a maths direction. Oh well. I will have to make do with what I have. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine once gave me a test (I no longer have it, or I would have posted a link) designed to convert you into D&D statistics. I remember very little of what I scored, but I remember qualifying to be a druid (using 2nd edition rules).

Umm, what was this thread about again?

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#63 psiclops

psiclops

Where we go from here is ^2u.

• 330 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:09 AM

You are right Archmage, and this is this first time I've scored over 150 on one for 22 years, so it proves the inaccuracy. (Except a web-one I did one-day 156, but that was just a joke, like 10 questions...)

120 is a high IQ, and I often score in the 120s (Muhahaha - nah I have, I remember a 128 years back, the shame!)

I consider myself much more skilled with the verbal components too, but lack of sleep is really good for whatever side of your brain does maths. I would probably work more slowly if rested. Verbals shut down, maths glides through the silence. After the shivers pass, you are in 'the zone' until you go to bed.

*cough* Bollocks! *cough*

Sorry for putting coughs in your throat , but I'm sure you wanted to say that?

72 hours is a bit too long, as everything seems a little funny (as in humorous) and you can see shapes moving outside your line of vision...

Problem #1 with high IQ? I want days to be 36 hours long! I tend to have to live 30 - 40 hour days to keep balanced with working hours people... There is NO WAY I could go to sleep after 16 hours per day! But unlike the other smarts I've heard of... I do sleep 6-7 hours every time I sleep. Maybe I'm the opposite of Einstein... High brain-speed, low brain-power? (I do NOT claim HIGH brain power, I have solved nothing, but I have discovered that our entire universe is inside a blackhole...

Don't forget we're comparing Cala'quessirea 2 Edanea here mate!

Edited by psiclops, 27 August 2004 - 08:14 AM.

Too interesting to be described in three words - Watch me 1-up Einstein.

The Darkish Day - Tome of Wisdom (+3). Armageddon XIII. ©Alltime - GOD.

Western - LEO (Leo Aspect (Cnjt)). Eastern - Dragon (Element - Fire). Acronymizing UPD8!!!!!!.

Fravia ... || || || ... "Some sections of this lore will remain closed to you until you develop your egoistical searcher's Heijoshin into a more capable ethical seekers' Fudoshin" - © 3rd Millennium: [fravia+], all rights reserved. (APC - 3 Libras). Go6gle.

#64 psiclops

psiclops

• 330 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:48 AM

OK :P Time for the IRL STR/DEX combo test...

Start on 3 for both...

Stand one one leg, and add 1 point of STR per 1/2 hour, and one point of DEX every 20 minutes...

On yer marks.
GET SET!

:^^:

Western - LEO (Leo Aspect (Cnjt)). Eastern - Dragon (Element - Fire). Acronymizing UPD8!!!!!!.

Fravia ... || || || ... "Some sections of this lore will remain closed to you until you develop your egoistical searcher's Heijoshin into a more capable ethical seekers' Fudoshin" - © 3rd Millennium: [fravia+], all rights reserved. (APC - 3 Libras). Go6gle.

#65 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:23 PM

To the poster with 2 strength... You realise that 3 is as low as you can go with a human, don't you? Stats are rolled on 3d6, minimum you can get is 3 without racial adjustments.

Well in fact I didn't think of that. I have the rule book only in the computer and since I really am not that accustomed to use AD&D nor have I played it in table top gaming for years, I just put there what felt the most convenient.

A 20kg dog is not exactly the easiest thing to carry, it's a living being and will struggle, and you can't stick it across your shoulders or otherwise more evenly distribute its weight. You could probably put your strength around the 6 mark if it makes you feel better.

That was just an example, but yes, I am really very weak. Truly. Normally, but when I get some adrenaline going, it is another story. I mean, I have never done anything to get strength, and sometimes even lifting the computer screen is too much. So if 3 is the lowest for a human, then I think I could just put 4 to STR, if it is more realistic :P Oh, and yep, carrying heavy shopping bags is also too much for me... :rolleyes:

And the CON 3 has something to do about things I wish not discuss here :ph34r:

EDIT: Alright alright Lightspeed! I believe you, though I am still saying I am weaker than most women of my age are.

Edited by Briannandoah, 27 August 2004 - 12:38 PM.

Member of Sol Ek Sa.

I WILL get a life, I promise! ...Someday :P

Posted Image

#66 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

Incredible, unstoppable titan of terror!

• 1123 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:31 PM

When you create a D&D character you normally have that number of languages to choose. So it kinda applies.

Oh, pardon. I thought we were supposed to be thinking more or less in realistic terms, not applying the qualifications one would receive in a fantasy game with the role of a few dice. ;)

Lightspeed, I don't know where you're from, but I would like to point out that there are areas of the world where it's not necessary nor even practical for ppl to learn multiple languages. By practical, I mean you wouldn't find anyone around you capable of conversing with you in said language ... and to be fluent in the manner you're describing, you need that kind of practice. Maybe two languages would be more concievable than 3 or four. Unless you want to talk technical lanuages or computer languages ...

I don't know why you decided Ice & I had cheated, and it doesn't really matter. This whole thread is just a lark so it's all good. But, I think it would be more fair for you to assume ppl were making mistakes with their stats than falsifying them deliberately. Maybe you don't mean it that way, maybe you're just trying to come across as teasing lightly, but it comes across as kind of rude & obnoxious.

If my stats are inaccurate, that's cool. Correct me. But don't go accusing ppl of trying to be devious on a thread that's supposed to be fun. If you're interested in knowing how anyone guestimated their stats, or doubtful about their accuracy, why don't you ask them how they were computed & offer your assistance from that point of better perspective?

I know this sounds like a rant, but I'm really not angry. It's just that I've seen the little remark here & there on this thread that has communicated the fact that I'm not the only one who has felt a little put off by your approach. Rather than being passive, or antagonistic, I'm just honestly being more explicit about my response in the hope that you really didn't mean to be coming across that way & would want to know.

On another topic.

Where would willpower fall into a person's stats?

Sometimes a person can be less intelligent than his/her classmates, but come away with better grades because of the effort s/he's invested into them. That might indicate a certain amount of wisdom, but willpower can also be directed into stupid areas, like determining you're going to be the last person standing in a drinking contest & forcing oneself to outdrink another person who might have a higher constitution than you do.

I guess I'm talking about fortitude, strength of will, and capacity to commit to particular goals/tasks.

Where would this quality fall under one's stats?
All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. -- Albert Camus

#67 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

based on the divide by 10 rule my int is 17

#68 psiclops

psiclops

• 330 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:42 PM

WIS - Long-term perspective. More (or completely not if Socrates) sure of the value of carrying through, regardless of talent or desire. An activity that not gratify you, and may even irk you, can have positive real-life benefits, even in un-related areas such us 'your reputation'.

Hence psiclops WIS = 5

CON - Integral, but only occasional major checks in our modern age. Perserverence. And prime stat for drinking :)

Revised psiclops CON = 12 (Smoker who prefers pool to footy, but not always, who can drink a lot with becoming a grublet, but rarely medically sick, and stays awake for long periods naturally.)

I pass my CON checks and stay alive, but have no purpose, so stay at home :)

17? :thumb:

Edited by psiclops, 27 August 2004 - 12:44 PM.

#69 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:52 PM

I saw IQ and mine is 132, I can't be bothered to read all that has gone before, I put my intel as 15. Would it be higher or lower than 15 from my IQ (my memory generally lets me down in academics :().
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#70 psiclops

psiclops

• 330 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:02 PM

It's only about 6 dude :(

Nah 13/14 according to what's happenned before. IQ/10 is working for some reason, but it really is incredible how intelligent the group is here overall. Staggering even.

Not implying that's it's a good thing at all ... or that it's hard to believe...

#71 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:08 PM

CON - Integral, but only occasional major checks in our modern age. Perserverence. And prime stat for drinking :)

If CON is for drinking, I should have at least 10 then :P
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

I WILL get a life, I promise! ...Someday :P

Posted Image

#72 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

Int: 16/17 (scored 5th at Italian National Maths Championship)

That's a 11 / 12 then. :P

Seriously, anything above 15 is REALLY really rare. I'm talking of Einstein-rare here. ^_^

I'm fairly confident Einstein would have an 18--and indeed is used as an example of an 18--making 16s and 17s substantially more common than him.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#73 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:44 AM

*cough* Bollocks! *cough*

Sorry for putting coughs in your throat , but I'm sure you wanted to say that?

I have nothing against you personally. I welcome the wide range of personalities we get here. Many people here are my friends and everynow and again, I even join in the debates.

Don't make me change that.

If I had something to say, take solace in the fact I'd have said it.

Now, no more antics like that again.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#74 psiclops

psiclops

• 330 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:55 AM

Seriously. I am very sorry. I'm sure you're a really good guy, and it's a shame we got off on the wrong foot. I am to blame for that and I hope you can forgive me. We could probably get on well, even if you are a Pom. :)

I know my posting has been a bit prolific, and apologies to anyone who has been annoyed by that. I have more time than usual at the moment. It's really cold (winter), so there's not much to do. I'll tone that down if I can. Though you'll never stop me 'acronymizing' Muhahaha!

Seif - Just thought you'd like to dipute that I was in any sort of 'zone', so to speak.

#75 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

Seems everyone apparantly has a MENSA level IQ.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#76 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

Seems everyone apparantly has a MENSA level IQ.

Heh.

Anyone got a lie-detector?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#77 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:10 AM

They are also something that doesn't work. ;)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#78 -mybrainhurts-

-mybrainhurts-

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:05 AM

Str: 7
Dex: 6
Con: 8 +4 vs diseases
Int: 17
Wis: 15
Cha: somewhere between 8 and 12, depending on the day.

#79 psiclops

psiclops

• 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:07 AM

Are you human? ;)

#80 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:36 AM

Look Russian invasion. Stalin's back!

Seif locks the thread whilst everyone looks bored!

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu