Keldorn <3

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:05 AM

No. At first Keldorn need to divorce. It very difficult for him as paladin. Not impossibly but difficulty. At second he cannot forget his children and cannot leave them for the sake of PC. He must be free. Absolutely.

Hmm...that makes sense. Even if Maria does leave him and takes the girls with her, hmm.....Keldorn wouldn't be able to forget them so easily.

Mm...I wonder...
Kivan has like 5 or 6 versions by different authors, most of them unreleased.
Keldorn and other NPC's could have more than one author as well, though 'twould be a little unfair on Senka. :(

Ahh well, 'tis just a thread about ideas 'n possibilty anyway. Perhaps I'm being a little too oversensitive. ^_^ It's my nature...

#42 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:27 PM

The important thing is to get the mod OUT! Please, finish the Keldorn romance. I want it!!! :D

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#43 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:34 PM

And you think Keldorn will forget them if they are dead? Oh please....
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#44 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:22 AM

I don't think he will forget them, but he will no longer have any responsiblity toward them. They would be dead. I think that is probably what Senka means.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#45 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:06 AM

Ah, yes. Of course.
Please forgive my lack of understanding. -_-

#46 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:47 AM

I still think thats an easy way out, and the possibilities of dealing with Keldorn's feelings to his family and even his family itself its way, way more appealing.

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#47 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:06 AM

Yep, that would add some depth to the romance as well.

#48 -Alessia-

-Alessia-

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:12 PM

So what we have here is a 'good' PC killing off innocent children? :rolleyes: :blink:

#49 Caveman

Caveman
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:55 PM

Just a thought: A seamless way to get Mrs. Firecam out of the equation would be to convince him to take his wife before the local magistrate and have her thrown and jail(per the dialogue option). Kind of harsh, but them's the laws... :P

#50 neriana

neriana
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:07 PM

The only way to romance Keldorn would be to do something evil. Can't anyone see the contradiction here? Oh, besides expecting a paladin to forget about the woman he's been married to for decades in a matter of months. Oh yay, the PC gets to be the mistress of a midlife crisis. :bash:

#51 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:19 AM

Hmm...many divided opinions here...
Maybe it should be possible to romance Keldorn in several ways...though all in one Mod....

Edited by Moongaze, 24 September 2004 - 03:19 AM.

#52 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:48 AM

Neriana: Doing something evil? Divorce is considered EVIL ? Or leaving the woman you love free if she doesnt love you anymore is EVIL ?

As moongaze says, this can be solved in a LOT of ways, and some dont have to be evil at all.

#53 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:41 AM

So what we have here is a 'good' PC killing off innocent children? :rolleyes: :blink:

Local thiefes kill them. Not PC...

#54 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:38 PM

I really, REALLY want this mod, Senka! (Does that mean I need to start pestering Beyshaliban for a translation?)

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#55 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:18 PM

So what we have here is a 'good' PC killing off innocent children? :rolleyes:  :blink:

Local thiefes kill them. Not PC...

Local thieves killing a respectable family who lives in the Government district? I find that very hard to believe.

#56 -The Voice of Reason-

-The Voice of Reason-

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:29 AM

If you see the dialogue between Imoen and Keldorn in ToB then you would see that Keldorn would more than likely not consider a romance between someone of the PC's age, and Imoen and the PC are the same age more or less.

Keldorn: Imoen!  What... are you pawing at me yet again?  Do you think I do not notice?  You are attempting to pickpocket me, aren't you?!
Imoen: Well, no... I just...
Keldorn: Just what?  Out with it, girl.  I won't have a party member stealing from me.
Imoen: No, no, that's not it!  I... I was just... I was just trying to find out if you're as muscular under your armor as you look.
Keldorn: Eh?  What's this?
Imoen: Oh, I know that you're married and all that, Keldorn... but do you have *any* idea how good you look?  I... I can't help myself, I just want to touch you all the time!
Keldorn: Imoen!  I... I have a daughter that is the same age as you!
Imoen: I don't know what it is, Keldorn... maybe it's the Bhaal essence in me.  I just want to run my fingers through your hair and nibble on your ears!  Oh, Keldorn, you drive me so wild!
Keldorn: By Torm, no!  This is terrible!  I... I had no idea I had this effect on you...
Imoen: Oh, get over yourself already, Keldorn!  Sheesh.  (giggle!)  Here's your ring back.  I won't take it again, I promise.

Sure, get the PC to say she likes Keldorn... but it's beyond him to like the PC that way, he'd feel like he's 'romancing' his daughter, more than likely. It's one of those impossible romances, sorry to say. :(

#57 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:09 AM

Well, a lots of people very much dislike the Imoen romance, but still some like it and so the mod was made. Same thing here; some would like this mod and some not, but that is not a reason to leave this mod undone, even though that this mod will likely get as much criticism as the Imoen romance mod.

#58 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:39 AM

I like the idea of a Keldorn romance. I've never played all the game through with him, but this would be a good reason too.. :wub:

Heh.. Sean Connery-ness..

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#59 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:52 AM

Well, a lots of people very much dislike the Imoen romance, but still some like it and so the mod was made. Same thing here; some would like this mod and some not, but that is not a reason to leave this mod undone, even though that this mod will likely get as much criticism as the Imoen romance mod.

Well said, my raven.
Just because several people would not like this Mod, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. "To each their own" is what I always say. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

#60 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:28 AM

Heh, very true, very true.