Coupla portraits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smack Headed Squeaky Weasel

Smack Headed Squeaky Weasel
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Well the first one is not finished and I can't really be arsed to do anything to it so whoever wants to can edit it willy nilly. It was just a vampire from NWN. I saw someone say they wanted an unvamped Bodhi so I just quickly changed a few colours and crap like that. Oh, I did something with the ear too to make it more Elf-like but I think it was a bit shittily done.

The Orc thing is from Lineage 2, I just sharpened it and adjusted the gamma so it wasn't so dark, still seems a bit crappy to me though. Oh yeah, I also made that strap smoother.

Feel free to edit, yada yada yada.
Lois Einhorn: Listen, pet dick. How would you like me to make your life a living hell?
Ace Ventura: Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911? All righty then.

Garth Algar: Okay, pop quiz. Cassandra is not interested in Benjamin because... A: Chicks think he's handsome, B: has cool car, C: has lots of cash, D: has no visible scars, E: does not live with parents.
Wayne Campbell: Okay, how about, F: you're a gimp.

#2 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:36 PM

OOOOOOOOH! I really like the second one!! Its a little bit too dark now, yes, but she is pretty! Maybe you should play with the Levels and Curves (if you play with curves do it in CMYK mode instead of RGB) :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#3 Smack Headed Squeaky Weasel

Smack Headed Squeaky Weasel
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

On the second one, I would make the background lighter but then it'd look weird with a light background and dark character.

I could play with levels and curves though, as you suggested. I think I actually need to make her look less '3D model'-like.

The thing that bugs me about the first one is the nose, argh it looks so weird! But that's a problem with the original portrait too, you just notice it more on my recolouring, lol :P
Lois Einhorn: Listen, pet dick. How would you like me to make your life a living hell?
Ace Ventura: Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911? All righty then.

Garth Algar: Okay, pop quiz. Cassandra is not interested in Benjamin because... A: Chicks think he's handsome, B: has cool car, C: has lots of cash, D: has no visible scars, E: does not live with parents.
Wayne Campbell: Okay, how about, F: you're a gimp.