• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:07 PM

Looks like whoever bought this month`s 'Game Informer', has the priviledge to read a 12-page article about Morrowind`s sequel. More info to be found at www.elderscrolls.com and www.gameinformer.com :)

#2 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:55 PM

Perhaps I should add that this is in-game graphics and not pre-rendered artwork.

Posted Image

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:49 PM

I'm sorry, I must still be in a state of shock. Because to me <bearing in mind the original Rome Total War trailor> that facial animation for one is probably not gonna be in <Stops being a tech boy and given into the emotion> This is gonna be SO frikking lush!

#4 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:15 AM

Actually, the website said it's "in-game art", which could mean it's either in-game graphics or a still-picture that appears in-game :).

If it is in-game graphics though, woah!

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:26 AM

Update; I found a helpfully scanned copy of the article and....MY GOD!! Start with Doom 3. Then add HL2's facial animations. Then add some incredbialy detailed models, some lifelike looking buildings, mold on structures.....!!! It just can't come quickly enough IMO. On that note, does anyone have a release date they can share?

#6 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:40 AM

No, that actually IS in-game graphics. It was confirmed by one of the developers.

Release date is Winter 2005. Far away.

#7 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:51 PM

;) guess who is replacing his 9700pro this october

#8 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:49 PM

I've been trying to decide between getting a DVD re-writer and an Athlon 3200+ processor, and this may well sway my decision towards the latter :).

#9 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

That is an in-game shot? Good god, this is going to be awesome! Looks like ill be getting a new gfx card too :edwin:
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#10 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 13 September 2004 - 12:08 AM

i got an amd64 3200+ earlyer this year and am about to upgrade my Graphics card i am pretty set on an 6800GTas the x800xt pe is about 100 euros more lol

#11 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:54 AM

:blink: OMG! Gotta have it... !! B)
Does anyone know it's requirements for PC? *takes out her shopping list*
Or maybe it's too early to know such a thing...
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#12 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:04 AM

No, it`s way too early for that. Info is scarce because Bethesda did a very dumb thing by according exclusivity to the Game Informer magazine, so no info will be available for two-three more weeks. :(

#13 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:43 AM

Also, I`ve seen the scans of the article (won`t post here because it`s illegal, I guess) and I can safely say that the graphics the game has is WAY, WAY, WAY ABOVE anything Doom 3 can produce. Imagine photorealistic trees, flowers, blades of grass with variable height etc. Absolutely fantastic.

#14 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:02 AM

I've seen the shots myself and, unless there's the option to turn the graphics settings WAY down, we're talking at least a 2ghz processor, 512MB RAM and a 128MB 3D card.

BTW if you want to imagine the graphics of this game, take the best graphical bits from the latest Unreal Tech (such as the vast outdoor scenes in Unreal Tournament 2k4 and the lighting in Thief 3), the Source (Half-Life 2) engine (for example, the facial animations and skeletally constructed models), the Doom 3 engine (pretty much everything else), put them all together, improve them by a considerable amount, and finally add a few extra graphical goodies of your own into the mix.

#15 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:42 PM

Yeah the graphics look like a CGI scene from a movie or something.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#16 neriana

neriana
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

Nice graphics and all, but the question is, does that guy or any other NPC in the game have any personality whatsoever?

#17 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:39 AM

I think that guy's probably a PC, so he would whatever personality the player projects on him :).

#18 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:03 AM

If the engine itself is already finished and the release date is Winter 2005 (I personally think it will be delayed till 2006), I believe the NPC personalities will be pretty detailed and interesting. They have more than a year to deal with that, plus it`s likely that they already started working on the gameworld itself a while ago.

#19 -Canis, Corpus-

-Canis, Corpus-

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:07 AM

They have more than a year to deal with that, /snip

And how long did they have to promise a deep, meaningful world that reacted to the player's actions, full of interesting, vibrant characters with Morrowind?

#20 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:00 AM

morrowind is a fantastic game one of the best rpgs ever :D and im sure oblivion will be on par and an advancment
if you dont like the style of play and the exploration and reading of books required for morrowind then you wont like it simle as