Photo

Where to get the components to this monster.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:48 PM

All the components of The Big Picture in any of it's incarnation can be found on The Wizard's Mirror.
Strangely enough, most mods can be found in their appropriately labelled folder. :D

Once installed, peruse the various tweaks and fixes available at Seanas' Miscellaneous Big Picture Fixes.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#2 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:29 AM

http://mirror.blackwyrmlair.net/iegmc

the European mirror

#3 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:51 AM

Is there another current source for these files? I just pulled a bunch of files from rpgtalk at half a meg or better per second, but the best speeds I'm getting at these sources is 2 to 5 k. Not so bad on the small files, but I time out after a few hours on the big ones without getting close to finishing!

This is at both the main site and the Black Wyrm mirror, btw.

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:26 AM

no other source, no. try either an FTP programme or a download manager like FlashGet or GetRight - people are reporting 20x speed increases (ie, back to the expected speed) when using download managers.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

If you search for 'Internet Download Manager' on these forums, there have been reports of healthy increases of speed using that program.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 -Apoc-

-Apoc-

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:52 AM

The Wizard's Mirror seems to be down and the European mirror stops downloads after about 2 megs. Is there any place else to pick this up?

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:02 AM

The Wizard's Mirror seems to be down and the European mirror stops downloads after about 2 megs.  Is there any place else to pick this up?

View Post

Use a download manager, yadda yadda....

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#8 -Lex-

-Lex-

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:16 PM

Hmm anyone know when/if The Wizard's Mirror will be back up?

Thanks

#9 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:53 PM

Unfortunately, no. Have you tried using a download manager with the European mirror?

#10 Griff

Griff
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:53 PM

It's the same for me with the european mirror. Very slow speed and after a few minutes it stops. Is that the only place this mod can be found at? :unsure:

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:17 PM

Have you tried the Asia FTP mirror?

ftp://iegmc.mirror.intermedia.com.sg/

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:44 AM

Griff, unfortunately yes. If the Asian FTP mirror doesn't work for you (I think it will ;) ), then you've to wait until the middle of March: the Black Wyrm (i.e. the European mirror) is under reorganization at the moment and it will be fast again in March.

#13 -Talir Sagar-

-Talir Sagar-

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:33 AM

the asian mirror work find for me but were can i get this file :

XPpatcher
VB6pkg.rar
SBT 14.exe
bg1bgt_p1.rar

if all this stuff is already include in some way in another component tell me so some hair will still on my head lol

#14 Davide Carta

Davide Carta

Shadow Mage

• 75 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:49 PM

XPpatcher
VB6pkg.rar
SBT 14.exe
bg1bgt_p1.rar

if all this stuff is already include in some way in another component tell me so some hair will still on my head lol

View Post

Xppatcher is included in the bgt package.

you can find VB6pkg.rar
http://uk.geocities....gain/VB6pkg.zip

for more iformations see also
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=10961

I don't have idea of the other two files since I have installed the big pichutre without knowing of their existance

#15 Talir_Sagar

Talir_Sagar
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:07 AM

XPpatcher
VB6pkg.rar
SBT 14.exe
bg1bgt_p1.rar

View Post

For more Info about this file read this tread http://www.shsforums...showtopic=14178

and you can find SBT 14.exe by Ascension64 here http://members.iinet...kwong/SBT14.exe

#16 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:23 AM

[quote name='f9th-underdog' date='May 16 2005, 01:29 PM']
I seem to have found all the files at the mirror mentioned except for one.

[quote](tis is from the other thread listing all the files required)
-- BP-BGT-NeJv311.exe*
*(the bp-bgtv310FULL.rar file will extract this for you, in step 6--just make sure it's here)
[/quote]

BP-BGT-NeJv311.exe is inside BP-BGTv311.exe, but is named Fixed-BP-BGT-NEJ-310-COMPLETE.exe.

[/quote]
Also with other mods, ie, some of the tweak packs, item upgrades, do they go before or after this install?
[/quote]

Tweaks and upgrade go after everything else is installed. If you are using the autoinstaller you won't have any opportunity until it's done anyway (possible exception - TDD kit remover before running TS).

[/quote]
And will this support the multiple directory install method,
[url="http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=15921.0"]http://forums.pocket...p?topic=15921.0[/url]
copying the black isle \BGII-SoA foldert another one like
black isle\BGII-SoA-BP and pointing it back to the SoA folder for
the CD files, I could also copy the CD files if needed, only have 190+G free right now,
currently have about 4 games/installs running right now really don't want to dump the current ones.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

Someone else will have to answer this one.