Photo

Belt Banter

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Postosuchus

Postosuchus
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

Hello there, I have a wish to see the unremovable belt that Imoen has in Irenicus's sewer discussed more. I realize that it's only purpose is to keep her from dying so she can show up in the colwed wizards cutscene, but it's presence and unremovability should cause comment. How about a banter(s) where Imoen tries to enlist the aid of the PC or other party members in removing the belt, or try an figure out why it's there? I apologize if this has been discussed before, i just do not wish to see this go ignored.

#2 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:09 AM

Actually, it hasn't been mentioned before and it's a surprising oversight. I hadn't thought of this and I rather like the idea.

#3 Drasius

Drasius
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:28 PM

Nothing to add except that I like the idea.

#4 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:26 PM

I didn't know about the scripting function of Imoen's undroppable belt.

Learn something new every day...

I say keep it on her for the whole game and have it's various functions discovered over time with lots of fun banter along the way. :thumb:

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#5 -Dallyo-

-Dallyo-

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:50 PM

The belt is there to make sure that if she gets really low on HP (usually 1), she won't die....but will leave and appear after you escape Irenicus' Dungeon....that's the ONLY reason it's there. Leaving it on here the whole game will mess stuff up. Most likely it will result in Imoen leaving and never coming back if she gets near death.

#6 -Dally-

-Dally-

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:52 PM

OH and yes, I read the thread...I was just trying to say that people have done stuff like give other people the belt with an editor, etc. and wonder why stuff goes wrong when it is only meant for this one little thing.

#7 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:42 PM

Leaving it on here the whole game will mess stuff up. Most likely it will result in Imoen leaving and never coming back if she gets near death.

I don't think the suggestion was to keep the same belt on her that she has on in Irenicus' dungeon.

The idea was to replace that belt with a new undroppable belt, with different properties, after she rejoins the party.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#8 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:44 AM

One day, browsing about in the ShadowKeeper, I found some more people with Imoen Belt on them.

Anyone tried putting Imoen's Belt on <CHARNAME>?
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#9 -Piotyr-

-Piotyr-

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:00 PM

I suggest you just think of a way of saying the belt was ment for hurting imoen is some way or something. I dunno but it does need to be flushed out, tho I do not think it should stay on for the rest of the game.

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:25 AM

Anyone tried putting Imoen's Belt on <CHARNAME>?

I think that it would provide some kind of a invincibility... or the PC could just run somewhere and game over...