• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 06:32 PM

If you are currently beta testing RTW, you can post your comments, observations, bug reports... or anything else you need me to know here.

The current version being tested is v2.9

Known issues besides what is listed in the version history that are already fixed for the next build:

-Text strings on the Info Triggers and Map Notes are wrong. This was my error when passing along hex coordinates to Quitch for the WeiDU insertion.

-Majority of the Mages will be neutral, no matter what you do to them.

-Sir Donalus may keep initiating dialog with the party when the PC is visible.

Check your version history for other known issues. Go ahead and report them, but keep in mind that they may be fixed for the next build.

Thank you for your time and support in this project.

Cuv

#2 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 07:59 PM

I love it :D I'm getting my butt kicked all over the place :D I never expected it to be that tough. Ah well, reloading time again.

its better that i try to finish the mod first before writing what I think.

#3 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 08:17 PM

Glad you are enjoying the beta. Let us know when you find any bugs. I will look into that Pocket Plane bug you mentioned in your PM. If the fights are simply too hard and detract from the story or enjoyment, let me know and I will tone them down.

Cuv

#4 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 07:32 AM

I posted on the other forum (with Silverleaf) but I forgot to mention that when you exit via ring of wish you gain an extra go to pocket whatever it's called so an imp can build junk for you. Good choices on the conversation. I had alot of fun with Jarta, and saying junk to the cobolt dragon. I am lost though and I'm guessing I missed something as I have only been able to talk to a few people. Also the cult mages or whatever near garren don't do anything when you hit them with fireballs. I took them all out without even having to fight any. You should make them all attack so we have a mega mage battle in which everyone except the guy with cloak of spell refelction would die. So far this mod kicks ass though :D :D :D :D

#5 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 11:46 AM

Okay, the cult mages are a known issue and will be fixed soon. They were flagged as neutral in that version but without a script to go hostile.

I need to hear more about this pocket plane problem. You should lose the pocket plane ability when you enter the dungeon (as the whole place is magically sealed), then only regain the power when you exit. If you are getting the PP power back somewhere inside the dungeon, I need to know exactly where this is happening.

Very happy to hear you like it.

Cuv

#6 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 12:21 PM

I never lost my pocket plane when I went it. As a matter of fact I used it to rest once. I can also leave whenever I want if I go take me outside to yaga's place. When I use the ring of wish and don't freeze my game the last choice is take me out. When I do that I gain another pocket plane so then I have 2. It should be fun to make Garren feel some pain. I don't like that little letter of his. Also in the future you may want to change that the pc kills the kid. My dwarf is to smart for that. First he is evil, but he wouldn't hack his way into a dungeon just to kill a kid. Also he wouldn't piss of Garren as that would start a war with him and the pallys (which I would be able to win anyway :) :) :) ) It's good so far just need to fix the bugs and add some more non undead monsters in. Also can you or can you not get a new npc in this version???

#7 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 01:46 PM

I will have to look into the pocket plane issue. You are the third tester to report that it comes back while inside the dungeon. The dungeon is magically sealed and you arent supposed to be able to use it to rest.

Dont use the Wish ring any more... it has a major bug, dont even pick it up.

Good point about the evil letter. I will make adjustments to its content.

There are many monsters that wont turn in the dungeon, but it is an undead fest and dungeon crawl.

Let me know your party level and tactics and difficulty setting. What monsters are giving you problems, which ones are falling too easily.

Thanks for the feedback

Cuv

#8 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 02:25 PM

The letter does not say you killed his child.

#9 Deraldin

Deraldin
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 04:42 PM

In the dragon's lair there are two rooms separated by a small hallway. Are we supposed to be able to get in there? When I move my mouse cursor anywhere over the hallway or the room the "No Entry" Cursor appears.

#10 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 10:17 PM

In the dragon's lair there are two rooms separated by a small hallway. Are we supposed to be able to get in there? When I move my mouse cursor anywhere over the hallway or the room the "No Entry" Cursor appears.

No, you cant enter there in the build you are testing right now. That is the treasure room. The scripts are completed for all of that for the next version. When the Cobalt Dragon falls, a cutscene will begin that will reveal the rest of the chamber... and give access to the treasure. Alot depends on the dragon dialog beforehand... which is nearly completed.

If you have gotten this far, please give a detailed report of your progress through the dungeon. I need details:) Party, level, weapons, tactics, encounters, difficulty setting. Thanks

Cuv

#11 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 11:28 AM

I'm in the Beholders lair now. My party is pretty low on levels

I forgot to mention that i have the XP-cap remover installed

Me F/MT - 27/23/32

I called my party from the "Fate spirit"
Imoen 17/7
Viccy 19
Valygar 17
Korgan 19
Sarevok 20

I'm a pretty experienced BG player but the Beholder lair is to much. 5 Gauths, 2/3 Kasharins, 2/3 Spectral Beholders. This cant be done without cheating. Now this might be because my party is very low level but if I want to survive the Beholders Lair I'll eiter have to start anew and continue ToB just before the end and then move on the RTW or i try to continue.

#12 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 03:23 PM

Keep in mind that the beholder lair is part of the optional King Strohm quest. But that aside, you should still be able to kill them with your PC wearing the Cloak of Mirroring and using CloudKill and Death Fog. Let me know how it goes.

Cuv

#13 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 03:38 PM

I'll continue with this party. I'm not about to give up that easely :D

#14 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 06:20 AM

Well, back to this forum! :P

Just as well, since like poking around in the other groups on this board better than the other. Too bad it worked out the way it did though.

Anyway I ran through the King Strom room again twice more last night. Got killed once & made it though again too. Tough fight. I have yet to see Jan detect the spawn traps that must be near the stairs on either side. He sees the Cloudkill Trap & the traps on the Alter & that Strom stands on, but I haven't seen him detect others, though I have set them off. Just how difficult are they to detect?

And to clairify something I posted in the other forum about King S not being able to cast spells ... well I've remembered why. I shot him full of acid arrows! B) I guess that this would make casting a bit more difficult, eh?

#15 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 11:25 AM

Well, back to this forum! :P

Just as well, since like poking around in the other groups on this board better than the other. Too bad it worked out the way it did though.

Anyway I ran through the King Strom room again twice more last night. Got killed once & made it though again too. Tough fight. I have yet to see Jan detect the spawn traps that must be near the stairs on either side. He sees the Cloudkill Trap & the traps on the Alter & that Strom stands on, but I haven't seen him detect others, though I have set them off. Just how difficult are they to detect?

And to clairify something I posted in the other forum about King S not being able to cast spells ... well I've remembered why. I shot him full of acid arrows! B) I guess that this would make casting a bit more difficult, eh?

Glad you made it back here.

The spawn traps are not detectable, they are there for reinforcements for King S. Placed to simulate that the guards have come running when hearing someone in the tomb. The other traps are detectable and disarmable. There are three actually, Cloudkill in front of the alter, Confusion behind the alter and Maze on the tomb container.

Good to hear about the acid arrows. This version of King S casts spells from memory... so you can certainly disrupt his spellcasting. All the mages will do this and will be disruptable... keeping them legal much as possible. Working on the new King Strohm now...he will be much harder to kill, with better spell selection intended to aid the guard in your downfall. I might have to lessen the amount of backup he has just a bit though.

Cuv

#16 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 05:12 PM

Back on these boards I guess since your forum is gone from the team bg and it case you don't know its silverleaf. If you can't do the beholders then just get the shield of baldurcheese the cloak of cheese and some other cheese spells. I only was there briefly and I had a good plan. I just ran around and picked up some junk and then ran out.
Here is my party since it isn't on this board.
Delvar-32 or 33 warrior stonefire/crom
Sarvok- 32 fighter psion blade
Jan Janson theif 28 mage??? unknown longsword (3d12)
Edwin lv29ish mage sling+3
Viccy- lv35 cleric mace+3
Korgon Bloodaxe battle axe+3, lv33

My party has no real good weapons as all I did was kill grommy. Later I will go pally style on this mod and show them the power of boo. Will the next mod have a fix for the ring??? Or the npc??? Before I forget when I met king s he didn't cast any spells, and I don't think he did any real attacking. I could have done something acidy to him. Also he died in a few hits thanks to deathbringers so if you want him to be harder give him some chuncking resistance. If you get around to it you may want to add some loot for the non pallys and us evil dwarves.

#17 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 05:19 PM

Opps forgot to ask what is the clua for the vamp mages I want to fight them again. I would also like the clua for king s

#18 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 05:53 PM

I've cleared out the cult mages & Garren Windspear just lies there like a lump on a log. What do I need to do next?

Party
Milandibar - Sorcerer 28
Keldorn - Paladin 31
Anomen - Fighter 7 / Cleric 38
Jan - Mage 18 / Thief 28
Mazzy - Fighter 19

The last slot varies. I've used Cernd & one or two other spellcasters.

I hadn't played this group for quite a while before starting testing & I've found that my play style has changed enough that I don't always take full advantage of what this group can do. They have plenty of good stuff but like Delvar have just done Grom & WK prior to ToB, however they do have fairly good weapons.

#19 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 05:59 PM

Oh, and I almost forgot to report on the Jailkeep & Cult fights.

Jailkeep was easy. Spellstrike + GWW from Keldorn did a lot of initial damage. Then a second spellstrike kept him wide open for the party to melee him to death. Jailkeep had no time to summon anything & the only spell he got off was some kind of stun or confusion thing & it only affected Jan. His last contingency fired after he was dead.

Cult Mages being neutral was interesting. I know that this is a known issue. Had to use a few spells like Skull Trap that I hadn't thrown in a while since the big guns didn't do any damge to these guys as non-hostiles. I will be interested to see what the final version of this fight looks like.

In general I found these last two encounters + the others in the rest of the area's I hadn't explored before doing Stom's Tomb to be MUCH easier than that optional area.

#20 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 10:35 PM

Opps forgot to ask what is the clua for the vamp mages I want to fight them again. I would also like the clua for king s

Hey Delvar (Silverleaf)

Glad you made it here also. Here are the console names for the vamp and king s:

Vamp Spellcaster: "RTWVampS"
King Strohm III: "RTWArch"

The both will change with the next build as they are undergoing major revisions. I know the vampire will be different for sure, King Strohm might wait until the following build. Xyx is working on a truly 'killer' script for him.

Cuv