Photo

BP fixe doesn't fix

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:09 PM

I've carefuly installed the BPfix coming from the Seanas' site, to fix the Riatavin bug.

Actually, BP doesn't crash anymore to desktop, but I can't find any encounter in Riatavin... that mage (don't remember the name) talk me twice (same dialog), and I run like a fool to find any monster to fight. No luck, Riatavin is empty.

Any idea ?

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:21 PM

Just look on the TeamBG Boards or was it the Plaguezone?? Oh yes they are down. I think I can tell you how to fix this, but can you tell me the area code for Riatavin? It should be something starting with DD.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:07 AM

Bonjour Psykotik.

i'm pleased to say that fix is actually listed on my site - (althugh i didn't discover it: i copied the solution from someone at plaguezone). you need to do a

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("riatriat","GLOBAL",1)

to get the demons, etc to spawn if they haven't already - basically, if you have been back to riatavin and it crashes before you install the patch, the "riatriat" gobal won't get set properly. it is in the BPFix readme,too. :P

try setting the global before you return to riatavin, too - not when you get there and nothing has spawned, as the area script won't necessarily update after you get there and nothing has spawned.

Edited by seanas, 15 September 2004 - 02:20 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:23 AM

It seems we meet together on a few forums ;-)

I tried many times. I tried to make the CLUA two times (one before leaving the tower, and again after meeting Avratin).

It finally worked, but I don't have any clue to know why. It doesn't gave me the enconter many times, and suddenly, it worked. I tried again to see what would happen, and didn't worked anymore...

And another bug occur : after the fight with the bad mage, sometimes the good one didn't spawn to fight him.

Gesh, this part of TDD has too much bugs for me...

Anyway, thank you very much Seanas.

#5 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:05 AM

It seems we meet together on a few forums ;-)

I tried many times. I tried to make the CLUA two times (one before leaving the tower, and again after meeting Avratin).

It finally worked, but I don't have any clue to know why. It doesn't gave me the enconter many times, and suddenly, it worked. I tried again to see what would happen, and didn't worked anymore...

And another bug occur : after the fight with the bad mage, sometimes the good one didn't spawn to fight him.

Gesh, this part of TDD has too much bugs for me...

Anyway, thank you very much Seanas.

glad you got it working psykotik.

yeah, orgroth's tower can be a bit flaky, that's for sure.

i'm wondering, however, if you installed the TDD103A patch when you installed BP? i'm assuming you did, or you would have seen more problems than you have so far reported, but i am pretty sure the 'good mage not spawning' problem was solved in the 1.0.3A patch.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#6 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:33 PM

i am pretty sure the 'good mage not spawning' problem was solved in the 1.0.3A patch.

I'm maybe wrong, but I think you cannot install BP in the automated way if you haven't this file... Anyway, I installed it for sure ;)