I'm very sorry about this...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 -Shiva-

-Shiva-

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:27 PM

Just finished BGT part of game... with a shapeshifting werewolf.

As I solloed him alot, he was lv 12 when i decked sarevok on my own, and lv 13 when i finished the expansion stuff (PS.. the expansion areas are wicked.. best part of the game...)

Still, the expansion was incredibably easy with my con 25 mega monster who casts spells.

In truth, I feel very GUILTY.

Is this class far too powerful? Should I choose something else when i install BG2? (The transission to SOA is FUBAR, so reinstall needed.)

Will someone ease my worries? IS this kit now too powerful to play?

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

Yep.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 -Shiva-

-Shiva-

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:00 AM

IS there any patches to make the shapeshifter weaker?

I mean, this kind screws up having CERN,

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:56 AM

IS there any patches to make the shapeshifter weaker?

I mean, this kind screws up having CERN,

yep, it's called 'don't install the ease-of-use werewolf rebalancing component'.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 -Shiva-

-Shiva-

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:01 AM

Yep, I know... but isn't a modified Werewolf used in BP?

I installed that to fix a bug.

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:22 PM

Yep, I know... but isn't a modified Werewolf used in BP?
I installed that to fix a bug.

i'm not sure what you mean. i don't think the PC version of the werwolf is changed in BG2. there's some weirdness with some of the greater wolfweres in firkraag's dungeon, but that's a scripting problem, not a kit problem - and one i thought was fixed by baldurdash.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 -Shiva-

-Shiva-

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:00 AM

In normal BG2 you dont have detachable werewolf feet.

IN BP, just like in the ease of use mod, you do.

That's what lead me to beleive that the rebalancing mod was hardwired into BP.

Any ideas?

#8 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:18 PM

What most of u people misunderstand greatly about this topic is that greater werewolves are NOT greater wolfweres....only those who know dnd WELL know the differences....yes its not the same...and i dont know who did the werewolf rebalancing mod but he sure didnt know a lot....cernd can change to werewolf forms but NOT wolfwere...and yes the greater wolfwere has the astonishing regeneration....as far as i know the greater werewolf hardly has any regeneration(dont be surprised)...i know i confused lots of you but someone should have cleared these....

as far as the casting spells in werewolf form i cant believe it!!
In the form of a werewolf how is it possible to use somatic components or even material components?? o i get it, it uses its paws to get the sulfur out of its pockets and cast the spell!!Verbal components? come on dont tell me that a werewolf can have the same voice as a human?? and ask sylvanus aid to cast a spell??
PS: i know that not all will understand but some WILL....
Ignorance Is Bliss

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:37 PM

Well Radagast, you are quite right of course. So refinements mod sorts it all out by doing better rebalancing. Secondly: somatic and verbal components just don't fit many classes. Sorcerer most notably, for with innate power, who needs to wiggle your fingers..... its born in them. Secondly... well, ok, shamans do all that rituallistic chanting, but what about creatures so intune with nature, they feel its rythms, and changes them.... food for thought.

Shiva

#10 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:11 PM

Well Radagast, you are quite right of course. So refinements mod sorts it all out by doing better rebalancing. Secondly: somatic and verbal components just don't fit many classes. Sorcerer most notably, for with innate power, who needs to wiggle your fingers..... its born in them. Secondly... well, ok, shamans do all that rituallistic chanting, but what about creatures so intune with nature, they feel its rythms, and changes them.... food for thought.

Shiva

i see your point but i still can't imagine a werewolf (even a druid) chanting with its paws...its just TOO unrealistic....(for either component)
Ignorance Is Bliss

#11 -shiva-

-shiva-

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:56 AM

in the refinements, he's not allowed to cast spells....
the werewolf only gets very tough also, when you get the new high level ability for lupines...

check it out and install components that will not bugger up your BP install...

i played BGT with the old werewolf.... simply too powerful...
refinements... much more balanced.