Photo

Drunken Dialogues

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:48 AM

I don't have a forum for this, but i have already discussed that with the BIG people, so that's not the point. This is where all of the dialogue ideas and suggestions are going to go. The other thread is for ideas on what could be added. Ex: quests, items, spells. Hey, the drunken arrow, or something like that(that was a 2 second idea).

Dialogues so far are:

By Archmage Silver

Imoen : Mmm... *yawns* what time is it? Ooh, my head hurts!
Keldorn : Oh my Torm! What I've done?!
Anomen : You tell me Sir Keldorn. I demand to know what has occurred here!
Imoen : Don't yell Ano, my head hurts. Umm... did we keep drinking after the third round? Oh. It seems that my clothes ain't here. Speaking of that, where are your clothes Kel?
Anomen : WHAT?!
Keldorn : Oh my Torm... I... I have...
Imoen : Shh Ano, I said not to yell. Kel... you seem upset. Don't you like me anymore? But you said yesterday eve that you...
Minsc : Is Boo here?
Imoen, Keldorn & Anomen : NO!

Mazzy : What? Where am I? Ah, my head!
Valygar : My dear friend, I think that the last bottle of Firewine was a bit too much... and it seems that we are undressed also.
Mazzy : Oh... um... we won't tell anyone will we?
Valygar : I wonder if keeping secrets from [CharName] does us any good. After all, s/he's the one who saved us both.
Mazzy : Valygar! How can you think like that?! What would everyone think if you told them about this? I lost my love just so little time ago to the Shadelord...
Valygar : I'm sorry my friend. If it is your wish, I won't mention this to anyone.
Mazzy : Thankyou. Now, off we go before anyone comes to search for us.
Jan : HEY! You two are up early! That's the spirit! Come with me to eat some fresh turnips and then I can tell you about the dream I had last night. It was about Griffins... or was it uncle Grisson? I always confuse uncle Grisson and Griffins, you see he's a bit like a griffin from his mother's side, uncle Grisson that is. Anyways, as I was saying, uncle Grisson's father had quite poor eyesight, he didn't like glasses mind you, and he also had a taste for wines and one night...
Mazzy : Uh, Jan I think that I go for a walk now, if you don't mind.
Valygar : Yes, I think that its a good idea right now.
Jan : Oh. Of course. Then you force me to go tell [CharName] about your behaviour lately.
Mazzy & Valygar : You can't!
Jan : Oh ho. Then you can sit down with me to eat some turnips and then we can discuss my dream about Griffins... not sure about that, could have been uncle Grisson. Hm, did I tell you about uncle Grisson?
Mazzy : No. No you didn't.
Valygar : Would you like tell about him now?
Jan : Sure! Well, lets see... I think this can take quite a while, but I'm sure that you pay attention. So, it starts in dimly lit tavern...

By MantraSong

Imoen:Minsc! What is Boo *doing* to my boot?
Minsc: Huh? Oh...Ohhhhh. Boo must have gotten into the ale last night.
Minsc: Boo always does that when he gets into the ale. I think he misses having somone to keep him company.
Imoen:WHAT? Please don't say...By all the gods...thats just...eeewww. I don't think that I want to wear that boot anymore.

By Bif

- everybody's sleeping after a drinking contest or somehing similar -
jaheira wakes: mmm...are you khalid? I missed you...
edwin: mmm YES. I'm khalid, sure. yes, yes I missed you too... (starts undressing jaheira, then, well...you imagine...)
- next morning -
jaheira: <charname>, I dreamed of khalid this night...
edwin: REALLY???...(coughs)...
pc: what did he say to you?
jaheira: well, I don't remember a lot of the dream. but we didn't talked so much...
ediwn: (whistle)

OK, that's what we have spellholdstudios.netso far, excluding my one attempt so far, my one pathetic attempt, that i am quite ashamed of. :(

RECOMMENDATIONS: Get drunk before writing your dialogue. Write your dialogue. Post your dialogue. Really, feel free.
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#2 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:51 AM

That's SUCH a BIG mischaracterization of Keldorn/Anomen/ etc... no offense, Archmague, but its not funny, and its not realistic...
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#3 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:59 AM

Unfortunately i have no input on Keldorn. I haven't put him in my party for two reasons, i'm usually CE, and i don't want to do the cleric quest right then. Is it necessary to do that quest, or will he stay in the party even if you ignore the quest?
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

#4 Eclipse

Eclipse
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

Thought this would be a more tongue-in-cheek mod... And part of the drunk fun is people acting out of character... grumpy korgan the dwarf getting drunk after 1/2 pint and telling everyone how much he loves them. Doesn't really work as banta.

Maybe there could be an event where the party gets drunk via trigger rather than the player buying the drinks themselves. Then after the rest, the PC could be the 1st to wake up and all the other characters are lying on the floor asleep, then you would get your banta as people were waking up. Who knows... maybe someone could be missing from the party, and on the way out of the tavern you see them naked and tied to somethings. :rolleyes:

so... more of an event than general banta.

Edit: The more i think about it the more i realise it would make a better tactical encounter.

Evil parties could run into a good ground of elves dressed in white, that cast a mass reverse alignment on the party, making them all good with dialog to match (Korgan skipping around handing out flowers to people). And the spell being dispelled when the party finds and kills the elves that cast it. And for good parties, the reverse. Evil party casting a spell making your good characters act evil (Aerie shooting magic missiles at cats, that kind of thing).

It could be like a mass spell of reverse alignment, so all NPC's get atleast 2 dialogs matching they're opposite alignments (true neutral's will be uneffected). This could effect the PC too, giving dialog options matching the player's new alignment.

But in the end, just another excuse to get korgan to act like a hippy. :love:

Edited by Eclipse, 17 September 2004 - 12:22 PM.

#5 Eclipse

Eclipse
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

Unfortunately i have no input on Keldorn. I haven't put him in my party for two reasons, i'm usually CE, and i don't want to do the cleric quest right then. Is it necessary to do that quest, or will he stay in the party even if you ignore the quest?

yes, he does. Same for most situations like that... Nalia for example.

Edit: Wasn't clear, that's a yes he stays with the party.

Edited by Eclipse, 17 September 2004 - 12:12 PM.

#6 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:15 PM

ah, thanks. Yes, this is suppose to be a humorous mod, but i need the character to actually become drunk first. You know, the little beer icon in the bottom of the portrait. I'm going to use that state as the trigger, if i can.

I like the idea of the PC waking up first, i was thinking of doing it like that.

#7 MantraSong

MantraSong

Sweet, harmless killer...

• 217 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:37 PM

What if we added a dialogue after Charname gets drunk, and finds out s/he spent the night with a non-romancable npc...

Edwin: Good morning <Charname>. Did you sleep well?
PC: Good mor...why are you being so nice?
Edwin: Don't you remember? (Bah, I go to all this trouble, and she can't remember a thing?)
PC: Ohh, my head. All I remember is some veeery nice dreams.
Edwin: Dreams? If they were dreams, then we dreamt together, Charname.
PC: What do you mean?
Edwin: (Do I have to spell it out?) You didn't dream. Last night I honored you with my prowess. (And she doesnt remember. What a waste...)
PC: *What?* No, I don't think so. Get out of my sight!

(Ok, not very good, I know, but I have only played with Edwin once, so feel free to fix it :P)
Just because I'm paranoid does not mean the world isn't out to get me!!

'Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes.' ? Page 16 of the HP 'Environmental, Health Safety Handbook for Employees'.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

#8 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:52 PM

Edwin: Good morning <Charname>. Did you sleep well?
PC: Good mor...why are you being so nice?
PC: Get the hell away from me.(or something similar)
Edwin: Don't you remember? (Bah, I go to all this trouble, and she can't remember a thing?)
PC: Ohh, my head. All I remember is some veeery nice dreams.
PC:(I don't know what else could be put here, but you would need to include some options.)
Edwin: Dreams? Yes, dreams... But, <charname> they were much, much more...
PC: What do you mean?
PC: I'm tired of talking to you. I just woke up and you're speaking in riddles. Go away.
Edwin: (Do I have to spell it out?) You didn't dream. Last night I honored you with my hamster, i mean prowess. (And she doesnt remember. What a waste...)<not really, just something i thought would be humorous for some reason>
PC: *What?* No, I don't think so. Get out of my sight!
PC: Really? I didn't know you had feelings for me Eddy
Edwin: (How dare she spoil my name) It's Edwin dear, just Edwin.(Simian, too many syllables for her to pronounce)

OK, this is my first attempt at an editing. The PC needs more options though, and... i started an and, but i forgot what it was. Well, it's been a little while since i've actually played. It's been even longer since i got out of that damn dungeon. oh, i've just come up with another idea for a mod. The option to start somewhere else at the beginning. Not for now though.

That obviously was a ten second edit, i'm really tired right now.

I'm glad that you're still interested in working on this despite the negative feedback. That's good.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:56 AM

That's SUCH a BIG mischaracterization of Keldorn/Anomen/ etc... no offense, Archmague, but its not funny, and its not realistic... 

Hmmh. You can think its not realistic and does not fit their character, but its a fantasy game after all and this is just a mod (strange one at that, I admit).

Edited by Archmage Silver, 18 September 2004 - 04:56 AM.

#10 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:52 AM

Edwin: (How dare she spoil my name) It's Edwin dear, just Edwin.(Simian, too many syllables for her to pronounce)

edwin and eddie are the same # of sylables.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#11 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:55 AM

sorry, i wasn't counting. Perhaps i could just put ed in there instead? I was falling asleep when i wrote that. actually, i'm still falling asleep. Haven't gotten much sleep in quite a while

I'm on the verge of smilie overkill

Posted Image

Edited by Awake, 18 September 2004 - 10:23 AM.

#12 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:16 AM

Perhaps the one night stands could reult in a number of talks between the various PC's. Not a romance... but perhaps lots and lots of awkwardness...

Idea...?

Haer'Dalis gets drunk while romancing Aerie, and she wakes up to find him with another woman...

Perhpas the PC, if your playing an evil aligned female..? (Nice way of ruining Aerie's life... besides killing Quayle, girdle of gender change, ring of folly ect.)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#13 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:02 PM

I'm done working on this for now. Too busy with other projects. If anyone else wants to start working on this, post or pm me. I'll probably say yes. Unless your an admin :P I kill me. Yeah, anyways, too many deaths going on around me right now for a humorous mood. I think i'm going to start working on the extra familiars now. NEW THREAD!!! :thumb:

#14 Lady LeFay

Lady LeFay

The Resident Perverted Freak

• 320 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:21 PM

To be honest, I don't see Haer'Dalis as entirely straight -- so into a few cups, he's probably hitting on any damn thing that movies, doesn't matter if it's Ano or PC or Aerie
"This Rod will be your doom!" -- Kilik.
"Do you know how much that turns me on, Ki?"
"Maxi! I'm trying to be serious here!" -- Maxi and Kilik

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear. -- Mark Twain

To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity.
Oscar Wilde

And alien tears will fill for him Pity's long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn.

Dante Romancable Mod: 'Tis a courtly love of a different sort

#15 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:29 AM

*Imagines the look on Aerie's face when she wakes up to find Korgan and Haer'Dalis together...*

Edited by Hishi, 19 September 2004 - 11:31 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#16 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:30 AM

*puke*

#17 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:33 AM

*puke*

^_^

Aerie: :unsure: :huh: :blink: :o

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#18 Lady LeFay

Lady LeFay

The Resident Perverted Freak

• 320 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:33 AM

I was thinking more like Haer'Dalis waking up next to Yoshimo
"This Rod will be your doom!" -- Kilik.
"Do you know how much that turns me on, Ki?"
"Maxi! I'm trying to be serious here!" -- Maxi and Kilik

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear. -- Mark Twain

To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity.
Oscar Wilde

And alien tears will fill for him Pity's long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn.

Dante Romancable Mod: 'Tis a courtly love of a different sort

#19 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:36 AM

Heh... could be an opportunity to use the Haer'Shimo portrait... (Don't; highlight below if your sqeamish...)

Maybe Haer, Yoshimo, and Korgan...

Aerie: *dies*

Edited by Hishi, 19 September 2004 - 11:37 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#20 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:40 AM

Oh god, what is wrong with you people. OK, i'm back to working on this project on the side of the side of the side. Damn that's too many projects. Oh well, who cares. For the better of the gaming community, i will do it.