• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:19 AM

To cut down on clutter, we'll keep the newest update, and it's feedback in separate threads.

Please use this thread to place your questions and comments for the Feature List.

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 17 May 2005 - 11:27 AM.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#2 -Random RPGER guy-

-Random RPGER guy-

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:02 PM

Well, from what I believe everyone is able to get Valen in Chapter 3 but as a quote from you on the Valen pocket plane...

What're you doing with the Book of Kaza? Just interjections, or expanding the quest?

Just interjections and a possilble alternate outcome. This quest will be a character development point for Valen.

How does Valen get into Korgan's book of Kaza's quest, because that is one of the quests to get the gold to buy passage to spellhold?Will there going to be a way to immediately side with the "rival guild" instead of the shadow thieves? I will probably be hard pressed to do any quests that have in any way, shape, or form be able to shape valen without Valen being in the party, so I wonder how to get the cash.

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 23 February 2005 - 09:51 PM.

#3 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:05 PM

Now how does Valen get into Korgan's book of kaza's quest, because that is like one of the quests to get the gold to buy passage to spellhold....
So is will there going to be a way to immediately side with the "rival guild" instead of the shadow thieves?  Because I will probably hard pressed to do any questes that have anyway shape or form able to shape valen w/o valen being in the party, so I wonder how to get the cash...

You don't need to do Korgan's Book of Kaza quest before getting Valen, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Almost every quest in the game gives Valen something to say or do, so it wouldn't be possible to see and experience everything in a single game. This is intentional.

However I may make it possible to meet Valen earlier than Chapter 3 - I'll see how it playtests out.

#4 LordKableNikon

LordKableNikon

I'm not a psychopath,I'm a sociopath....

• 111 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

Since it has been over 1 month with no updates, is work still being done with it?

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 26 November 2004 - 10:39 AM.

#5 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:46 AM

i dont think so after all the work he has done. ;)
perhaps he needs a hug to continue to work? :love:
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#6 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:30 PM

Patience. -_-
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#7 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:35 AM

The Valen Expansion is still alive and well.

I am in the process of upgrading and expanding my home network, so the project will be on hold until that is completed.

#8 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:57 PM

Poor bastard I thought. The bats would get to him sooner or later.
Can't stop here. This is bat country
badlands
outback nazi law enforecement that would hunt them down like dogs
in pancks pro rata.
God loves his children.

#9 -Cervantes De Leon-

-Cervantes De Leon-

Posted 29 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

I am in the process of upgrading and expanding my home network, so the project will be on hold until that is completed.

View Post

Thorium, I just want to wish you good luck with the project... hope that it won`t end like many other mods (e.g. Imoen romance mod) that have suddenly stopped evolve for unknown reasons. I also thought that Valen mod won`t ever be expanded but then I found your post from November '04 and I saw the light :D Do you have some idea when are you going to finish? I`m not asking for exact date but... how soon? :) Again, good luck!

#10 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:36 AM

View Post

Thorium, I just want to wish you good luck with the project... hope that it won`t end like many other mods (e.g. Imoen romance mod) that have suddenly stopped evolve for unknown reasons. I also thought that Valen mod won`t ever be expanded but then I found your post from November '04 and I saw the light :D Do you have some idea when are you going to finish? I`m not asking for exact date but... how soon? :) Again, good luck!

View Post

My upgrades to my home network are completed (now to install that new power supply and hard drive :) ), so that's one hurdle I've passed.

I've set a goal to have all dialog written, reviewed, and finalized by the end of March 2005 before moving on to coding and file creation.

With a little luck, I can get the Valen Expansion ready for public release by May 2005.

If I ever have to put the project on hold for an extended period of time (the possibility of getting sent to Iraq comes to mind <_< ) I'll make it known on the forum- I won't drop out of existence without an explanation.

In the meantime, thanks for the good words and I hope the wait will be worth it.

#11 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

damn michael moore, you're argument is much more convinvcing.
stop the war so we can get valen!
conditions and terms apply.
God loves his children.

#12 -Cervantes de Leon-

-Cervantes de Leon-

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:38 AM

View Post

View Post

My upgrades to my home network are completed (now to install that new power supply and hard drive :) ), so that's one hurdle I've passed.

I've set a goal to have all dialog written, reviewed, and finalized by the end of March 2005 before moving on to coding and file creation.

With a little luck, I can get the Valen Expansion ready for public release by May 2005.

If I ever have to put the project on hold for an extended period of time (the possibility of getting sent to Iraq comes to mind <_< ) I'll make it known on the forum- I won't drop out of existence without an explanation.

In the meantime, thanks for the good words and I hope the wait will be worth it.

View Post

If I`ll wish you LOTS of luck will it accelerate the release in any way? :D Just kidding; Well, I hope that Uncle Sam won`t be needing you in Iraq at least for another half a year so that you can finish your work with Valen! (joking, again)
I can see that your project will probably be the most complex one-NPC mod for BG II I`ve ever seen... Can`t wait to get my hands on it. Up till now Imoen Romance Mod was I think best one I saw/used but I think that you`ll change it. Again, good luck and thanks for starting this project that we all are so eager to see.

#13 -Western Paladin-

-Western Paladin-

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:59 AM

Please forgive the probable stupid question, but is the alpha release still on track for next month, like the progress report thread says? :thumbsup:

#14 Bursk

Bursk
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:31 PM

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this. It sounds like a truely fantastic mod.

#15 -Guest_Stukov_*-

-Guest_Stukov_*-

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:11 AM

My question is rather simple. I keep waiting for Valen Romance Mod for months now since I intend to start the game for 5th time from the beggining. Is it going to be completed or not? I see that Thorium Dragon hasn't posted anything for quite some time.

#16 arconian

arconian
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:59 PM

My question is rather simple. I keep waiting for Valen Romance Mod for months now since I intend to start the game for 5th time from the beggining. Is it going to be completed or not? I see that Thorium Dragon hasn't posted anything for quite some time.

View Post

He seems to be out of town, it says so in the progress report which was updated the 17th of April, so it hasn't been that long really... :D
I will join you in waiting :closedeyes:

--Arcon

#17 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

I can see that your project will probably be the most complex one-NPC mod for BG II I?ve ever seen... Can?t wait to get my hands on it. Up till now Imoen Romance Mod was I think best one I saw/used but I think that you?ll change it. Again, good luck and thanks for starting this project that we all are so eager to see.

View Post

You've set a high bar for me, which I don't mind. Hopefully the final result meets (or exceeds) your expectations.

Please forgive the probable stupid question, but is the alpha release still on track for next month, like the progress report thread says?  :thumbsup:

View Post

Check the Developer Diary for the latest news on the progression of the mod.

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this.  It sounds like a truly fantastic mod.

View Post

Thanks. :thumb:

#18 -Cervantes de Leon-

-Cervantes de Leon-

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:42 AM

Hey, don't do this to me! :D How much data did you lose because of this... 'really beloved and everlasting' :) HDD? Hopefully this won't delay the release very much? Anyway, I know what it means to lose entire drive, I had that once too. Nothing to envy.
Still, cheer up and good luck with finishing this long-awaited, very ambitious project.

#19 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

Come to think about it, this idea of influencing Valen's evolution is really something. I haven't seen anything like that, but I like it already. Depending on the way you treat Valen she can become either a killing machine or a walking charm. Hope you'll fine a way to code this.
Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#20 Torn

Torn
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, I like it as well. Having a few different paths to go down would be awesome.