• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#21 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

Come to think about it, this idea of influencing Valen's evolution is really something. I haven't seen anything like that, but I like it already. Depending on the way you treat Valen she can become either a killing machine or a walking charm. Hope you'll fine a way to code this.

Yeah, I like it as well.  Having a few different paths to go down would be awesome.

I'm glad that you like the idea.

Player choice and influence over Valen's development are important aspects to the Valen Expansion. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#22 Fizbandanna

Fizbandanna
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

I really hate posting questions like this, but does it seem likely that a full release will be available by mid july? I am going abroad and hope to be able to play through Valen once or twice before I leave early august.

#23 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:21 PM

I really hate posting questions like this, but does it seem likely that a full release will be available by mid July? I am going abroad and hope to be able to play through Valen once or twice before I leave early August.

Not likely, sorry.

Even after all the coding, I will still have to bugtest everything. That could potentially be a lengthy process.

Keep the faith.

#24 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

raoul duke sends his love and admiration from beyond the grave.
God loves his children.

#25 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

The faith is kept, as is the patience. :)

#26 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

Things are getting to get... scary. As days go by more and more people get bored/frustrated with modding, just like... Moongaze (hello there) or others from Chosen of Mystra Forum. Now it's you, Thorium, who wants to rest a little bit. I don't say you're wrong or sth like that, you know what's best for you. I just wanted to share my observations; it's just plain sad for someone waiting as long as me to see that yet another mod (e.g. Lockheart - Moongaze again :) goes 'on hold/cancelled'. Just don't quit definitely Thorium, there are still people waiting to see your masterpiece!
Wish you good luck.
Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#27 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:59 AM

Things are getting to get... scary. As days go by more and more people get bored/frustrated with modding, just like... Moongaze (hello there) or others from Chosen of Mystra Forum. Now it's you, Thorium, who wants to rest a little bit. I don't say you're wrong or sth like that, you know what's best for you. I just wanted to share my observations; it's just plain sad for someone waiting as long as me to see that yet another mod (e.g. Lockheart - Moongaze again :) goes 'on hold/cancelled'. Just don't quit definitely Thorium, there are still people waiting to see your masterpiece!
Wish you good luck.

I haven't quit, I just need to recharge my batteries. There is always a point in the creative process where the law of diminishing returns starts to take effect.

In essence, the harder you work, the less you get done.

Sometimes stepping back, for a short time, can be benificial and help you break out of that spell.

#28 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:26 PM

I just wanted to share my observations; it's just plain sad for someone waiting as long as me to see that yet another mod (e.g. Lockheart - Moongaze again :) goes 'on hold/cancelled'.

View Post

Please note I didn't "quit". I'm merely taking a break. I'm sorry for the long wait. I hope you're not complaining about my Mods being on hold because of my personal health issues...

Edited by Moongaze, 23 June 2005 - 01:28 PM.

#29 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:13 AM

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I know you had your reasons Moongaze, health is the most important thing. I'm just saying that you shouldn't quit definitely, just take your time, get well and think about finishing :)

As for you Thorium, well, you're right :) Sometimes giving yourself a little more space, resting a bit really helps in creation process. Just remember - I, no WE all are waiting :))
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#30 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:31 AM

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I know you had your reasons Moongaze, health is the most important thing. I'm just saying that you shouldn't quit definitely, just take your time, get well and think about finishing :)

As for you Thorium, well, you're right :) Sometimes giving yourself a little more space, resting a bit really helps in creation process. Just remember - I, no WE all are waiting :))

View Post

Okay then, that relieves me. No, I'm not quitting forever. Modding is still quite fun. Just not right now. :)
And yes, Thorium is right. We won't be going anywhere, I'm sure.

#31 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:32 AM

Time for the once-in-a-while progress poke. ^_^

*pokes*

#32 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:52 AM

Hmmm... You think that helps? OK, maybe I'll try that too :)...
(poking Thorium several times with all my might)

We'll see if it works in a few days I hope...
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"

#33 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:32 PM

the man's an artist! they don't react to violence.you need to wax lyrical.like how really very very very really good he is.at stuff.
God loves his children.

#34 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

Hi, Thorium!
I am one more person waiting for the mod. It sounds terrific! But health and a break once in a while is a MUST. We understand.
Also, I read once that Leonardo Da Vinci was once doing a commissioned painting and he would stand back and just stare for hours. His patron complained and Leonardo replied that sometimes you have to do less to accomplish more. Or something like that.
I think I saw that you have posted at the Hubblepot forum. I'm new to Hub myself. I wonder if he produce some vegatables of sunlight resistance, or something.
Anyway, take care. We'll all be here! :)

#35 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:41 AM

OK, I've tried the hard way, now some kind and gentle words...
First of all Thorium, we all love you for your hard work on this mod. We're waiting for it for so long, but we still have hope and we believe in you :hug: Get well, get some rest, keep yourself fit, eat only healthy food, stay away from McDonald's... Everything that will accelerate completion of the project is good :D
We are with you all the way!
But remember one thing - if you fail - we WILL find you everywhere...

:lol:
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"

#36 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

WOW it seems great !!

I hope you and your team (er.. you are not doing it all alone right ?) can get motivated to work on it cause this production has been around for a while :bi:

Anyway I can't expect to see it finished :Tasty: and send congrats to the whole staff after playing it.

Never used Valen too much, she was too strong and had little dept, but always thought that she had potential to be a great character!

Me wishes good fortune to everyone in this project :coolthumb:
...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#37 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

Hmmm... haven't seen any info on the mod's progress for a while... I remember you said you want to get some rest Thorium and I just wanted to ask if you're done with resting :) But seriously - what's up? Are you still fond of modding? Are you planning on progressing with the mod anytime soon? Of all the mods out there that are in progress - I'm :Tasty: over this one most! So please, tell us the news form the front!
Aching for some info,
Cervantes :bi:
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"

#38 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

when it's done. until then take a few halycon and a j and b on the rocks and quote ed gein. worked in the 80s.
God loves his children.

#39 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:22 AM

It took me a while to understand your advice, but I finally did. And it worked! Now I'm much more peaceful and calm. But still willing to hear every bits of news about the progress.
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"

#40 -Rasmus-

-Rasmus-

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:39 AM

I Just want to say that I am looking so much forward to Valen Expansion that I can't fall asleep at night of excitement.
:Tasty: :Tasty: :Tasty: