Compatability with BGT-BP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Xenageo-

-Xenageo-

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:41 AM

Well - I've been wondering on replaying BGT-BP recently. With the latest fixes coming out from hild and seanas, it looks like I will =)

Curious, however - where does secret of bone hill tie into the install. Do i install BGT-BP completely, then install bone hill?

Cheers.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:06 AM

Yes, just like any other additional mod, such as Ease of Use. All these mods have to be installed after you build your BGT-BP or BGT-NeJ-BP game and patch it. Hold out a little longer if you can. The patch Hlid mentioned should be worth the wait.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:25 AM

nearly there, nearly there...

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 -Xenageo-

-Xenageo-

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:10 AM

I will be holding out until the patch =)

Was just curious as to until then,

#5 -Archen-

-Archen-

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:15 PM

Just curious, am I supposed to install the BP-Fix patch after all other mods are installed? Also, when the new BP-fix patch comes out, can I just install over the old patch, and do I need to start a new game? Thanks

#6 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:22 PM

Patch AFTER installing BP, before other mods ideally. The new patch (Which will work with any incarnation of BP.) should go at that point. However, it will work at any point, just work best on a new game, before adding other mods.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#7 -Archen-

-Archen-

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:05 PM

Thank you hlidskialf for answering all my questions. Also, thanks for all of your hard work with everything else.

#8 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:25 PM

:thumb:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#9 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:59 AM

So this mod is compatible with BP-BGT-NEJ? The compatiblity list I was looking at yesterday seems to indicate that it is only compatible with BP-BGT.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

If something is compatible with BGT-BP, it is going to be compatible with BGT-NeJ-BP. NeJ is all new areas, so nothing in the package is going to cross with my mod or anyone elses that I am aware of. You can always assume (not a good word, I know) that if a mod works with BGT-BP, it will work with NeJ also. I didn't include any items from NeJ so BH will work with or without it.

I built the mod using both, so I know you can safely run either. In reality, this is really a BGT mod, but I have some item BAM files that come from TDD, so unless you already have those graphics and scrolls, it requires the BP part as well. I don't think I have any items from TS or SoS.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website