• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:51 PM

Here it is. I'll attach it here until our ever-helpful mirror folk can place it up for download on their sites.

From the readme:

------------------------
------------------------

BP_s_and_h_Patch ReadMe

------------------------
------------------------

========================

Authors: seanas and hlidskialf
URL:http://uk.geocities.com/seanasagain/bpmods.html
Forums: http://www.shsforums...p?showforum=192 and
      http://www.shsforums...p?showforum=193.

========================

CONTENTS:

I.      Compatibility
II.      Installation
III.    Component 1:  BP Fixes
                      a: TDD NPC Fixes
                      b: Charlotte Tweak
                      c: Riatavin Fix and TOB Pocketplane Fix
                      d: Sarevok TOB interjections Fix
                      e: Demon Telekinesis Fix
                      f: Kiser Jhaeri Fix
                      g.Banelich fix
                      h. Edwin amulet & Nalia's ring getting stuck in inventory

Component 2: BP-BGT Fixes

Component 3: NEJ Fixes
                      a.Hrothgar Fix
                      b.Damien Fix

Component 4: BP Nerfs
                      a: Revise Hlid's Nerfs
                      b: Rolf Sureblade Fix

========================

I. Compatibility.

-----------------
Compatible Games:
-----------------

[ ] Baldur's Gate
[ ] Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast

[ ] Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
[x] Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

----------------
Compatible Mods:
----------------

[x] Big Picture (BP)
[x] Big Picture-Neverending Journey (BP-NEJ)
[x] Big Picture-Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BP-BGT)
[x] Big Picture-Baldur's Gate Trilogy-Neverending Journey (BP-BGT-NEJ)

========================

II. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Extract it from the zip file, into the folder where you installed Baldur's Gate II
(commonly c:\program files\black isle\BGII - SOA\). Then double-click on the Setup-BP_s_and_h_Patch.exe file. It will give you the option to install the components of the patch.

This patch works equally well with a BP install, or BP-BGT, BP-NEJ or BP-BGT-NEJ installations: the patch will dynamically check to see which install you have when it installs the various components. Typical users should choose [I] Install all components - you should only need to choose [A] Ask about each component if you wish to selectively install or uninstall specific components. To uninstall, repeat the procedure and follow the on-screen instructions.

It is not necessary to start a new game for these fixes to take effect,however if you have encountered some of these bugs already and wish to have them fixed, you will need to revert to a saved game *before* you encountered the bug, otherwise the bugged version will be stored in your saved game and the specific fix will be ineffective.

========================

III. COMPONENTS:

Component 1a: TDD NPC Fix
------------------------

This component corrects the dialogue references for Yeslick, Shar-teel and Kagain which otherwise prevented these three NPCs form being used in the Big Picture. It also includes the updated Shar-teel fix, which corrects her death variable and allows her quest to be completed. This component also patches the Docks area script AR0300.bcs without which the Jaheira romance will stall and includes a version of Lyros.cre (which will fix Xzar for BP-BGT and BP-BGT-NEJ installs). This component also includes the Robillard fix, which corrects a script reference that caused Robillard's dialogues to get stuck in a loop after the first assassination attempt on him.

Component 1b: Charlotte Tweak
----------------------------

This component removes the combat routines from Charlotte's character scripts. Installing this component, Charlotte will obey instructions she is given, whether issued by the player or by an assigned character script. Without it, she will both charge into every combat, even if without weapons, and will turn hostile if she or her familiar takes damage (from an area effect spell, for example).

Component 1c:  Riatavin Fix and TOB Pocketplane Fix
--------------------------------------------------

The Riatavin fix, created by Horred the Plague, corrects a crash to desktop which can occur during the Orgroth's Tower quest when the party returns to Riatavin. It might be necessary to do a

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("riatriat","GLOBAL",1)

in order to spawn the encounter successfully if the CTD has already occurred in-game or if you are using a saved game from after you first enter Riatavin. The TOB pocketplane fix, provided by Revan, fixes a noted bug in the TOB portion of BP which caused a crash to desktop during the second pocketplane challenge.

Component 1d: Sarevok TOB interjections Fix
------------------------------------------

This component fixes a bug in BP that stopped Sarevok from having any interjections, which prevented him from attaining redemption and changing alignment.

Component 1e: Demon Telekinesis Fix
----------------------------------

This fix corrects an occasional bug which caused the invisible creature which actually executes the Demon 'telekinesis' power to be visible for the duration of the spell.

Component 1f: Kiser Jhaeri Fix
------------------------------

This component corrects a bug which causes a fatal crash when attempting to enter AR5014 during the Kiser Jhaeri quest in TOB.

Component 1g: Banelich Nerf
---------------------------

This component alters the way Baneliches can be killed in the dungeon under the graveyard. It still requires that the party has a phylactery in their possession for the Banelich to be destroyed, but it now checks each party member, rather than simply the last enemy (party member *or* allied summons) seen by the Banelich.

Component 1h. Edwin amulet & Nalia's ring getting stuck in inventory
---------------------------------------------------------------

This component fixes the bug where these items get stuck in the party's inventory when Nalia or Edwin leave.

Component 2: BP-BGT FIxes
-------------------------

This component fixes a large number of current problems in a BP-BGT (or BGT, or BP-BGT-NEJ) game. This component will only install if  BGT is installed. Included in this fix are:

* Cespenar Dialog and Item bug fix - Cespy now upgrades items correctly.
      * Imoen soundset fix - makes Imoen use the correct soundset throughout the game.
      * Hershal Fix - corrects a typo which caused infinite Hershal spawns.
      * Edwin Fix - corrects a bug with Edwin's dialog in BGII, which also interferred with the Mae'var quest.
      * Highhedge fix- corrects a bug which caused a crash to desktop when entering the Highhedge area.
      * Dialog glitches where the NPCs want to leave the party if forcetalked.
      * Fixed the @#%@%@^!!! crash bug in the Werewolf Island catacombs. *crosses fingers*

Component 3: NEJ Fixes
---------------------------------

Component 3a: Hrothgar Fix
This component patches Hrothgar's script to prevent him turning hostile if accidentally attacked. He will still turn if deliberately attacked or if you attempt to lay waste to Easthaven, but will no longer turn hostile if - for example - a party member confused by a Shadow or a Wandering Horror in the Vale of Shadows attacks Hrothgar.

Component 3b: Damien Fix
Well, the fix done in the G1 patch seems to have not survived it's reincarnation in Horred's BP v3.13 Patch. Refixed his buggered displayed dialog.

Component 4a: Revised Hlid's Nerfs
---------------------

This component is a revised version of Hlidskialf's BP Nerfs. It pulls some of the teeth from the Shadows, Spirit Trolls, Wandering Horrors and Mists that can make some BP battles so 'interesting'. The Spirit Troll fix is unchanged from Hlid's fix: it removes the tedious attribute draining and slowing features of their attacks; the level-draining power is unchanged. The Shadow and Mist scripts are rather different from Hlid's versions: rather than simply removing the annoying combat features (improved invisibility + protection from magic weapons + spell protection cast as buffs, for example, or the liberal use of Mislead), I have either reduced the frequency with which these script blocks occur or changed the specific spells to less powerful versions.

This version of the BP Nerfs also removes the non-resistable, long-lasting, item-dropping 6th level 'mist_horror' spell of Wandering Horrors with the resistable, shorter and non-item-dropping 2nd level 'horror'spell. The Vale of Shadows is still not a walk in the park, but at least *some* of the party might make it out alive without having to rely on Ctrl-r and Ctrl-y.

Component 4b: Rolf Sureblade Fix
-------------------------------

This component nerfs the power of Rolf Sureblade's sword, so that it only instantly kills creatures or party members of 15th level or less. It also makes sure that he is actually wielding the weapon, as a bug in BP means that he is not always wielding this weapon. On the other hand, the weapon will remain undroppable after installing this patch, as Horred intended.

Black Isle Studios - RIP.
Bioware - For the Infinity Engine and making such an outstanding RPG.
Wesley Weimer - WeiDU and the Ease-of-Use readme, from which this readme is shamelessly cribbed.
TeamBG - Editors, Tutorials, Forums, Advice, Help, Support. Come back soon!
Plaguezone - Big Picture support, forums, patches and fixes. We miss you!
Horred the Plague - for Big Picture, BP-BGT and BP-BGT-NEJ.
CBisson - for Shadows over Soubar
Potencius & Minto - for The Darkest Day (and everyone else involved in TDD!)
Vlad - for Tortured Souls and Neverending Journey (and everyone else involved in TS and NEJ!)
Hlidskialf - for advice, for .tp2 ninja skills, for the BP Nerfs, the BGT fixes, the Sarevok fix and the Demon Telekinesis fix and a few others.
Revan - for the TOB pocketplane challenge fix.
The IE Modding Community - because it's the ability to mod it that gives the BG series its re-play value.

---------

Attached Files

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#2 Gaias

Gaias
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

This is just wonderful news hlidskialf! Been waiting for something like this since I decided to use this mod again. For some reason I could not ignore Imoen soundset bug. The thing drove me batty!

Thanks for the patch!

#3 -Xenageo-

-Xenageo-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:40 AM

Awesome - installed fine, except for:

WARNING: cannot find block matching [BP_s_and_h_patch/tdd/xzarold.baf]

And the same with [BP_s_and_h_patch/robi/oldrob.baf]

Will that have any effect on my game?

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:23 AM

no - that means you've already installed my BPFixpack, so that the bug isn't present in yr game for the new patch to fix.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:38 AM

Now that u mention it, are the fixes of ur bpfixpack included here, or do we install this after the other one'

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:20 AM

*all* of the fixes in the BP Fixpack are included in the s_and_h patch - i've taken the Fixpack offline as it has been supeceded by the s_and_h patch. if you have the Fixpack installed, don't worry about uninstalling it, but if you haven't yet installed it, don't bother.

if you *do* have the Fixpack installed, then the s_and_h patch will detect that and not attempt to repair things already repaired (hence the 'cannot find matching block' warning that weidu is spitting out - although it sounds like something is going wrong, it actually means that everything is in fact working correctly).

Edited by seanas, 21 September 2004 - 07:20 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#7 Mythrantar

Mythrantar
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:40 AM

What I ask may be a totaly stupid question but here goes: I have .biff'ed my entire override folder (except for the .tis files). Is this going to affect the functionality of the patch in any respect?

Thanks!

#8 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:35 AM

It'll still work fine. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#9 Drax

Drax
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:35 PM

Nice! Thanks for the continued support!

By BPFixpack are you refering to the 1.13 patch?

If not, does that still need to be applied prior to this patch?

I'm guessing all those fixes are covered in this patch, but Id like to make sure.

#10 Archen

Archen
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:03 PM

Awesome!! Thanks d00ds! :love: :drunk:

#11 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

Nice patch. :) I rather like that Rolf's sword is undroppable, since it's just too easy to beat the game with it.

#12 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

@Drax: if by the 1.13 patch you mean either the BP-BGT-NEJ 3.13 patch or the BGT MK1 to MK 3_1.13 patch, then the answer is 'no'. the BP Fixpack is a bunch of fixes for BP which were available from the link in my .sig. All of the components of the Fixpack have been included in the BP s_and_h Patch.

the only thing the s_and_h Patch supercedes is my BP Fixpack (which goes by that name, and that name only); all other install steps should continue as normal. after you have yr BP, BP-NEJ, BP-BGT or BP-BGT-NEJ installation done, but before you install any optional weidu mods, you should install the BP s_and_h Patch.

i hope this clarifies the situation...

@Stone Wolf: i'd love to take credit for the Sureblade being undroppable, but it was a Horred invention (or at least, every game of BP i've played, the Sureblade hasn't been dropped). As a general rule, i don't care to police players' behaviours, but some things - such as the Sureblade, MIN 1HP rings and rings of immune-to-everything - shouldn't be available to the PC or their party.

#13 Drax

Drax
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:27 PM

That clears things up greatly actualy. Glad I checked.
I can't imagine the amount of work it took to get the mod to where it is now. Awesome job! B)
Now it's time for...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

CHEERS!

Edited by Drax, 21 September 2004 - 07:32 PM.

#14 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:02 PM

@Stone Wolf: i'd love to take credit for the Sureblade being undroppable, but it was a Horred invention (or at least, every game of BP i've played, the Sureblade hasn't been dropped). As a general rule, i don't care to police players' behaviours, but some things - such as the Sureblade, MIN 1HP rings and rings of immune-to-everything - shouldn't be available to the PC or their party.

I agree wholeheartedly. :)