44 replies to this topic

#21 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:47 AM

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS TIANA 0 Tellofrumar
== KIDO Global("TalkedToRumar","GLOBAL",1) ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~He is in the backrooms. Behind that door up the stairs, the one with the guard in front of it. Just yell a bit and he probably going to let you through. He seems to be one of the weakest ones around here. You can take him. *grin*~
END TIANA 5

Is the global check at the right spot? Or should it be moved?

Still must check on Xzar and Qualle, sorry for that

Edited by Deathsangel, 11 October 2004 - 07:49 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#22 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:56 AM

== KIDO IF ~Global("TalkedToRumar","GLOBAL",1) IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~He is in the backrooms. Behind that door up the stairs, the one with the guard in front of it. Just yell a bit and he probably going to let you through. He seems to be one of the weakest ones around here. You can take him. *grin*~
END TIANA 5

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#23 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:16 AM

END TIANA 5

I_C_T automatically does the transition so you would just END rather than END TIANA 5

#24 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:19 AM

== KIDO IF ~Global("TalkedToRumar","GLOBAL",1) IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
END TIANA 5

Thanks

Kismet Posted on Oct 11 2004, 06:06 PM
  QUOTE (Deathsangel @ Oct 11 2004, 11:37 AM)
END TIANA 5

I_C_T automatically does the transition so you would just END rather than END TIANA 5 

I don't reckon because phrase 0 has several responses and therefore different choices of answers of Tiana. I choose Tiana 5 in order to let her go to the backrooms. I use END with other dialogues if it is not needed for anything to follow. It is correct this way I believe. I will test it later on

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#25 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:35 AM

If you want to set the particular dialogue slot it should end on (TIANA 5), then oughtn't the command to be INTERJECT not I_C_T (short for INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS)?

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#26 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:50 AM

If you want to set the particular dialogue slot it should end on (TIANA 5), then oughtn't the command to be INTERJECT not I_C_T (short for INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS)?

Sillara

If I read WEIDU correctly I thought I_C_T to be sure you wouldn't block out other NPC characters that want to interject at that point. I though it just to be the better on then just Interject. Is this untrue? Am I reading WieDu wrong? If so I need to change a few values

Okay so I now changed it to this

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS RUMAR 0 Kscarsrumar
== KIDO IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~Ah messing with somebody else, he? So where is you wife? I've got her tell her this. That should be fun!~
== RUMAR IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~Please don't! I'm begging you, do not tell my wife!~
END

INTERJECT TIANA 0 KspillsofR
== KIDO ~Global("Kscarsrumar","GLOBAL",1) IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
END TIANA 5

Is Kscarsrumar a global, if not how do I check that it has been done? I want to know this cause first I had the checks ("TalkedToRumar","GLOBAL",0) for the first and for the second ("TalkedToRumar","GLOBAL",1). However I just thought of the errors in this coding. Because if you have already talked to rumar, before you hired Kido, kido's interjections with rumar won't come up and Kido will still tell Tiana where he is though he hasn't seen her. So I want to check for the fact that Kido already interjected with Rumar. So it the check:
Global("Kscarsrumar","GLOBAL",1) valid? If not what should I change it to in order to let the other interjection check if the other has already taken place?

Edited by Deathsangel, 12 October 2004 - 03:23 AM.

#27 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:59 AM

I don't reckon because phrase 0 has several responses and therefore different choices of answers of Tiana. I choose Tiana 5 in order to let her go to the backrooms. I use END with other dialogues if it is not needed for anything to follow. It is correct this way I believe. I will test it later on

If you interject into a state in which there are PC replies then you should give the original NPC (Tiana in this case) an additional line so it will look like the PC is replying to the correct person, rather than trying to force a PC reply.

Variables added by I_C_T and INTERJECT are LOCALS and not GLOBAL. If you're doing the check in your NPC's script/dialog then you should be fine.

#28 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:56 AM

If you interject into a state in which there are PC replies then you should give the original NPC (Tiana in this case) an additional line so it will look like the PC is replying to the correct person, rather than trying to force a PC reply.

Variables added by I_C_T and INTERJECT are LOCALS and not GLOBAL. If you're doing the check in your NPC's script/dialog then you should be fine.

Thanks about the Locals and Globals, Kismet.

I am afraid however that I do not totally agree about forcing something is wrong. Kido forces two/three things. One quest and this thing with Rumar (third thing is that he also fights with another non-joinable PC). The line of Kido fit exactly to the reply of Tiana (phrase 5). After that line the PC has no more choices. It does indeed mean that I leave no choice to the player at those two/three points about which way he wants to go into those conversations. Kido's doesn't botch any quest.

SConrad, I cannot find area scripts in IE. Where do I find them, cause I can't program 4 interjections at the moment that I wish to be in there.

#29 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:25 AM

END TIANA 5

I think that this code should look like this:

COPY_TRANS TIANA 5
END

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#30 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:36 PM

END TIANA 5

I think that this code should look like this:

COPY_TRANS TIANA 5
END

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Sillara

That is not the way it is described in wiedu. See the interject section there by jason compton. Thanks for you involvment though, it is appreciated.

SConrad, please don't forget to check my question on the previous page, cause I really need to know

Edited by Deathsangel, 12 October 2004 - 10:36 PM.

#31 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:07 PM

What I posted is only if you want it to take over from where Tiana would talk, having it occur just as if Kido had not interjected. I know because it works in my mod. (I learned this particular trick from Grim Squeaker!) Otherwise, hey! If Weidu will compile it, then it should be okay.

Sillara

Edit: I hate typos.

Edited by Sillara of the Tamari, 27 October 2004 - 03:28 AM.

Check out my RPG forum!

#32 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:50 AM

Deathsangel: There are more great tools out there than InfExp. You can use Near Infinity to search for specific creatures, or specific lines in a script, even.

Otherwise, look up the correct area-number for the areas, and assume that the script have the same name. I.e. AR0700.are has the script AR0700.bcs.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#33 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:53 AM

Otherwise, hey!  If Weidu will compile it, then it should be okay.

Don't always assume that what WeiDU compiles automatically work. WeiDU is, after all, not the same as the game. Just because WeiDU allows it, doesn't it mean that the game will.

The same goes for the opposite. I've had WeiDU choking on things that work ingame.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#34 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:41 AM

True enough. I've had the same problem, at least with Weidu passing it on, and it just NOT working! :P

I've never had Weidu choke and the game accept it, though. I'm not confident enough to mess with BGII without Weidu!

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#35 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:11 AM

NI? Can do that? I'm such a noob :( . Will search there and I will change it then Sillara... BUT IF EVERYTHING GOES WRONG IT IS YOUR FAULT ( :P ;) just kidding)!

#36 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:38 AM

And again a question :D :( . Quayle has got a bit to many phrases he can start with depending on Aerie's death etc. So I want the interjection, that I want my NPC to have with Quayle, be started by Quayle. This means I need to give him a new phrase, but what should be the number of the phrase to start the interjections (marked with ??) or is it simply impossible?

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS QUAYLE ?? kidofanquale
== QUALE IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~May I ask why you are starring so much at me, Sir?~
~You... you... you're Quayle! You are one of the smartest illusionists one can meet! I have heard of you in many a tale. You are perhaps not a bard, but still an illusionist comes close to a bard, and you could also summon the powers of the divine! I also gave it once a thought to become a Cleric, but I already had such a good voice and had attuned myself so much with it, that I couldn't bring myself to do it.~
== QUALE IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~I am glad that someone appreciates my intellect, but I have changed quite a bit thanks to my dear Aerie.~
~Oh, fiddlesticks!~
END

or is it simply impossible?

#37 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:03 AM

And a second question is this correct?

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS LYROS 11 kidocousinxzar
~But... Cousin! How do you fair? Did the Zhentarium send you this way? How nice, I haven't seen you in quite a while. Is there something you need?~
== JAHEIRAJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Jaheira")~ THEN
~It appears that having no senses at all is the trademark of this family.~
== EDWINJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Edwin")~ THEN
~Is this rubbish-talking bard related to that incoherent rattling necromancer? I should have known this when I first lay my eyes on either one of you.~
== LYROS IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~Ah, cousin! If you are a member of the party of <CHARNAME>, I am sure that you would help me. Is it not?~
~Of course, state the nature of your trouble and we shall make it undone.~
== LYROS IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN
~Well, my friend Montaron has been taken captive by those irksome Harpers. I would have you enter their building and find Monty for me.~
~Then, we are off to rescue him!~
COPY_TRANS LYROS 19
END

As I am not sure if the lines
== JAHEIRAJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Jaheira")~ THEN
and
== EDWINJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("Edwin")~ THEN
are coded correctly

Cause perhaps I ought to code this:
== JAHEIR IF ~InParty("Jaheir") IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN

or this:
== JAHEIRAJ IF ~InParty("Jaheir") IsValidForPartyDialogue("Kido")~ THEN

If someone could answer this one, it would be nice aswell :D

Thanks for all the help on forehand :thumb:

#38 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:39 AM

You wouldn't use COPY_TRANS at the end since that's built into I_C_T, but other than that it looks ok.

#39 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:28 AM

You wouldn't use COPY_TRANS at the end since that's built into I_C_T, but other than that it looks ok.

View Post

Sillara told me I ought to do it that way. Cause I want to end at a certain line, not that the conversation just goes on. And If I just use INTERJECT, I believe I will cut out a Bioware NPC

But you think that the way I coded the interjection of Kido with Jaheira and Edwin is good?

Anyone else have an answer to my Quayle question? Cause I don't know what ought to be in the place of the questionmarks

Edited by Deathsangel, 27 October 2004 - 02:30 AM.

#40 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:26 AM

Actually, I said you needed to use COPY_TRANS with an INTERJECT, not, I repeat NOT, with an I_C_T or INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS. -_-

I_C_T is used for when you want the conversation to resume just as it had before. INTERJECT is used when you want to control the outcome. INTERJECT with a COPY_TRANS later is used when you want to control the outcome and put it to a certain state already existing in the game.

I hope I haven't confused you more! :D

Sillara

Edit: Also, IsValidForPartyDialogue is a notoriously flaky trigger. InParty is often recommended instead.

Edited by Sillara of the Tamari, 27 October 2004 - 03:27 AM.

Check out my RPG forum!