finding strings is a like finding....

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:27 AM

Edit: Also, IsValidForPartyDialogue is a notoriously flaky trigger.  InParty is often recommended instead.

If you use InParty() then you should use See() in conjunction with it. Otherwise it's possible to have some one interjecting from across the screen.

#42 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:05 AM

If you want to make absolutely certain that the interjection isn't missed, I wouldn't even use See.

#43 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:21 AM

Actually, I said you needed to use COPY_TRANS with an INTERJECT, not, I repeat NOT, with an I_C_T or INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS.   -_-

I_C_T is used for when you want the conversation to resume just as it had before.  INTERJECT is used when you want to control the outcome.  INTERJECT with a COPY_TRANS later is used when you want to control the outcome and put it to a certain state already existing in the game.

I hope I haven't confused you more!  :D

Sillara

Edit: Also, IsValidForPartyDialogue is a notoriously flaky trigger.  InParty is often recommended instead.

View Post

Okay need to chance it then. Not confused. Greatly appreciate the help :thumb:
The only thing that confused me was that the explanation page of WeiDu said the only difference was that I_C_T allowed other joined NPC still react. But I ready use the expertise here then somewhat outdated (at least I reckon it is) help file

If you use InParty() then you should use See() in conjunction with it. Otherwise it's possible to have some one interjecting from across the screen.

View Post

If you want to make absolutely certain that the interjection isn't missed, I wouldn't even use See.

View Post

Need to change that then.

:excl: However, though this is all good advice, it doesn't answer my question about the Quayle Dialogue Issue. How can I let Quayle a non-joinable NPC start with an interjection? I really would like to know this. So please, :help: Cause I want to :gun: this problem.

Edited by Deathsangel, 28 October 2004 - 09:26 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#44 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:03 AM

It would not be the usual sort of interjection, really, nor would it use the I_C_T coding. That may be why no one has yet responded. You would need to APPEND to Quayle's file, using some sort of InParty trigger that would make Quayle talk to Kido.

Or you could track down the various states with which Quayle can end his Aerie greetings, and you could have Kido interject into all of them. You would only see one interjection because Quayle would only get to one state, but you would have covered all contingencies.

It's up to you. :^^:

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#45 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:35 PM

It would not be the usual sort of interjection, really, nor would it use the I_C_T coding.  That may be why no one has yet responded.  You would need to APPEND to Quayle's file, using some sort of InParty trigger that would make Quayle talk to Kido.

Or you could track down the various states with which Quayle can end his Aerie greetings, and you could have Kido interject into all of them.  You would only see one interjection because Quayle would only get to one state, but you would have covered all contingencies.

It's up to you.  :^^:

Sillara

View Post

I looked it up in IE and he has several Aerie endings, that is why I don't how to get them all without interjecting once. Perhaps with some codes to see if the other hasn't been done already... but that takes such a freaking long time. I would also need to code the sentences in which Aerie is not present. I wanted to try and circumvent (right word?) the problem by letting him start...

But thanks for the reply :thumb:

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~