The future of this project

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:02 PM

Sorry, but I will have to abandon this. Modding just isnīt my thing, you know. Iīll make sure this comes out and that this is fully functional but after that Iīll leave the modding behind and concentrate on other things.

I had some fun long ago and I donīt regret this project. Without it I would probably have focused on computers in school but luckily this project showed me that Iīm not supposed to try to earn my living by computers. So, at least something good came out of this. And who knows, there might also be some people who will enjoy the mod. :rolleyes: :)

Things that I wonīt do:
- NPC dialogs
- ToB conversion
- Continuous patching
- Help at the forums (Iīll help at first)

Anyway, I think Iīll be gone from here by Chirstmas.

But now, back to testing (well, actually to sleep...but eventually).

Edited by Gilgamesh, 22 September 2004 - 01:05 PM.

#2 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:26 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're planning on leaving, but you're leaving behind something for the rest of us to enjoy, so I can't criticize. Just bear in my that you're always welcome back. :)

#3 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:12 PM

i was looking forward to this. i know that it will still come out. still, when someone leaves i get all depressed even if i don't know them. i don't suppose you'll let other people add on from where you left off?
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#4 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:24 AM

i was looking forward to this. i know that it will still come out. still, when someone leaves i get all depressed even if i don't know them. i don't suppose you'll let other people add on from where you left off?

Actually it would be great if someone made some work on this after Iīm gone. You know, the base that I created isnīt a bad one and by adding dialogs and quests (or fixing old quests) this could be made a lot better. I would be more than happy to hear if someone was willing to work on this (as long as I know about it). :)

#5 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:18 AM

:( Shame.

If it's good enough, it will doubtless be modded itself :).

#6 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 09:51 AM

Get what you have done released Gilgamesh, I'm sure we'll get it adopted and finished. (No mod seems to go without a caretaker these days.) I'll keep at least half an eye on it for ya'. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#7 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

Compatibility can be worked out by the community too, if you're worried about that.

#8 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:41 AM

Thankīs, people. :) You can do whatever you want with the mod after itīs released. My only goal ever was only to finish it. ;)

#9 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:30 PM

Since most people don't make it to that goal, I'd say you're well ahead of the game. :)

#10 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:44 PM

Thankīs, people. :) You can do whatever you want with the mod after itīs released. My only goal ever was only to finish it. ;)

World Tansition is going to be almost completely module based. If you'd like I'd be more than happy to go through you work and see what we can find a home for within the project.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#11 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Modder
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:36 AM

You can do that after the mod has been beta-tested. ;)

#12 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:27 AM

World Tansition is going to be almost completely module based. If you'd like I'd be more than happy to go through you work and see what we can find a home for within the project.

Isn't that a little disrespectful? Pulling artwork and getting it rendered like what we've been doing is fine but pulling areas from a mod that is in a near state of completion seems both oppurtunistic and a mite arrogant.

Might it not be best for you to render up a few in IETME knowing that this work will be your own?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu