Photo

More Mirror Links

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

With the help of my original host, here's an update.

(I assume that this applies to most mods as well since TheWizard hosts many of the big ones.)

Hi CB,

A little worried that putting CtB on one server isn't safe enough?
Well, worry no more!  Thanks to the help of Black Wyrm, IEGMC now has a
second server, and it is an exact replica of the original site.  So, now
CtB is hosted conjointly at IEGMC Asia (the original) and IEGMC Europe.
This will help relieve some traffic from IEGMC Asia.

You know the links for IEGMC Asia, now for the IEGMC Europe links:

http://mirror.blackw...B_CoreFiles.exe
http://mirror.blackw...8_GameFiles.exe

There is no rush to update the CtB web site, as I know you have quite a
bit on your plate right now.  Whenever you get around to it is fine.  In
the meantime, I'll continue to spread the word about IEGMC Europe on the
forums.

Bob

Hopefully, I'll be able to update the website soon and get everything back in order.

CB
Play SoS! And then play CtB!

#2 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:25 PM

don't know if you knew this, but the wizard posted links to the asian and european sites in my IEGMC mirror list. Doesn't matter, no such thing as too many links.
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#3 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:57 PM

Actually, I posted the IEGMC Europe link in multiple places and forwarded it to all the mod authors whose Email addresses I have. I wanted to be thorough and cover all the bases. :)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#4 -The_Folex-

-The_Folex-

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:34 PM

Is it normal for the links to be dreadfully slow? Normally I get speeds like 200 kb/sec, but the highest I have gotten with the links here and the main page is 5 kb/sec. As much as I hate Fileplanet or anything else that has to do with lamespy it would actually be nice if this could be added to there. :thumb:

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:55 AM

Is it normal for the links to be dreadfully slow? Normally I get speeds like 200 kb/sec, but the highest I have gotten with the links here and the main page is 5 kb/sec. As much as I hate Fileplanet or anything else that has to do with lamespy it would actually be nice if this could be added to there. :thumb:

View Post

You are not the only one to suffer. I really like to try this mod but there seems to be a big problem with getting it. I get around 5k / sec for a while until it passes the 1Meg downloaded before stopping. 10hrs remainging becomes 10days!

I have to agree with you. Maybe this should hosted on more servers such as fileplanet. It is a pain to wait in line for it but at least once the downloads starts, it goes at a stable rate.

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:39 AM

View Post

You are not the only one to suffer. I really like to try this mod but there seems to be a big problem with getting it. I get around 5k / sec for a while until it passes the 1Meg downloaded before stopping. 10hrs remainging becomes 10days!

I have to agree with you. Maybe this should hosted on more servers such as fileplanet. It is a pain to wait in line for it but at least once the downloads starts, it goes at a stable rate.

View Post

1) Use a download accelerator.
2) wait until the next three weeks, when IEGMC Europe will move to a real server :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#7 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

New URL for IEGMC Europe is http://iegmc.tiefighter.org. ;)

Please Note: In case you cannot access IEGMC Europe, don't worry because you are not alone. Only ISP's that have a route to the Internet eXchanges in London will be able to access this site. This arrangement allows for unlimited bandwidth to be transferred from IEGMC Europe.

Edited by TheWizard, 09 May 2005 - 10:36 PM.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd