Photo

Problems with the tornado spell with the druidicso

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 raptor2019

raptor2019
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:27 AM

hen i cast it... i get what i think is a cat.. thats it. I'm not in a wild magic zone, and all the other spells seem to workm except tornado.

any ideas why? I sue version 1.7

#2 raptor2019

raptor2019
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:54 AM

I also cannot wear studded leather armor ...

#3 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:26 PM

Doublecheck the readme on the game-hosing item scripts. You need to install those if you want to be able to wear armour, etc... Not worth it IMO.
Can anyone else confirm the Tornado bug?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#4 MythicalChicken

MythicalChicken
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:18 PM

I'll second the tornado bug.

Really made me sad ... I really wanted to use that spell.

Some invisible creature appears that you can move around, stays around for a little bit, and then goes away. I was a little underwhelmed. :-)

MC

#5 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

If the tornado spell works like I think it would, that would be the i/i creature that forms the focus of the tornado. It looks like it just isn't playing the tornado animation or effect, though I couldn't say whether this is a problem with the creature script or spells.

The best I can suggest is to open the spell and trace the effect to find out what creature it summons. Then, check to see what script that creature uses. That should give you a start in figuring out what's going wrong.

Of course the tornado spell might now summon an i/i creature, and I'm just babbling. ;)

#6 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:49 PM

It does, I'll look at it when I get a bit of time.

#7 -Aethan-

-Aethan-

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:20 AM

Doublecheck the readme on the game-hosing item scripts. You need to install those if you want to be able to wear armour, etc... Not worth it IMO.
Can anyone else confirm the Tornado bug?

This is all i can find about the game hosing scripts

Version v1.5 makes the painful script overwrites which hose all the NPC scripts as an optional component. I recommend you
don't install that component. Unless Tatmaster comes back and asks it to be removed. (Remember, I just packaged the kit, I
didn't write it!)

What exactly does this do? I checked the rest of the package and couldn't find any information besides i do not recommend installing this. What exactly does it do? Make the sorceror wear armor? And why is it exactly not recommended that you install it?

#8 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:41 AM

The DS is limited. It starts out as a druid kit, but due to game limitations it switches the class to Sorcerer with a few tweaks. In order to wear armour as a druid, Tatmaster modified the in game armour to be usable by a sorcerer. However, this also allows a regular sorcerer to wear it. To circumvent this abuse, every item has a script assigned which causes it to drop to the inventory if worn by a non-druidic sorcerer. This script assignment replaces an ingame script slot on many NPCs, thus killing romances, etc...
Not worth it IMO.

#9 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:58 AM

It adds the script to the override slot? :blink:

#10 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:35 AM

The DS is limited. It starts out as a druid kit, but due to game limitations it switches the class to Sorcerer with a few tweaks. In order to wear armour as a druid, Tatmaster modified the in game armour to be usable by a sorcerer. However, this also allows a regular sorcerer to wear it. To circumvent this abuse, every item has a script assigned which causes it to drop to the inventory if worn by a non-druidic sorcerer. This script assignment replaces an ingame script slot on many NPCs, thus killing romances, etc...
Not worth it IMO.

View Post

i'm confused (not difficult), does the DS kill all romances if you put leather armour on or is there something i've missed.

#11 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:29 AM

i'm confused (not difficult), does the DS kill all romances if you put leather armour on or is there something i've missed.

every romance and every NPC quest, yes: far better, even soloing, to play the DS unarmoured. but hey, given how powerful the DS is, you need *some* sort of challenge! ;P

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#12 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:11 PM

It'll kill romances if an NPC wears a modified item. That's why I don't recommend you actually install that component. It's included in the mod as Tatmaster originially created the mod, and I was not about to remove that large content during the conversion. I find that the DS is still a kick-ass kit even without the use of druid weapons/items. If it bothers you that much, add the UAI ability to your character, and/or use the Ashes of Embers mod to expand weapon use. ;)