WTP: Community Participation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

The idea behind the World Transition Project is community involvement. For the stage that I'll be entering shortly in the project I'll be needing a few novelty NPCs, so I'm putting up some adds for anyone that would like to toss a controbution into the mix.

If you have wanting to make a novelty non joinable NPC that needs a home let us know. Perodically I will be going around looking for simple NPCs from the comunity as a whole. With some of the more bizzare ones, I may even try to make it a competition.

At the moment, however, I'm looking for a few good village idiots.

For more information on the WTP, please visit our forum at http://forums.blackw...hp?showforum=55
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#2 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:28 PM

May I suggest two idiots named George and John? Might be breaking the 4th wall a bit though... ;)

#3 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:34 AM

May I suggest two idiots named George and John?  Might be breaking the 4th wall a bit though... ;)

I thought it could be a fun side project for some of the people working on serious mods. I haven't seen many gag characters, and thought it could be fun.. I'm neck deep in serious stuff to do..

Edited by Chevar, 28 September 2004 - 07:37 AM.

"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#4 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:32 AM

I don't have the time to make up an NPC, but I did come up with an idea.

How about an innkeeper based on Basil Fawlty from the show Fawlty Towers? It's a truly hilarious character, and if you're familiar with the show you can add other characters from the show as other employees. If you want an example of what he's like, go to imdb, find "Fawlty Towers" (1975), and hit memorable quotes on the left side of the page.

It would be easier if I just linked the page:

Fawlty Towers quotes

Edited by Stone Wolf, 28 September 2004 - 11:49 AM.

#5 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

May I suggest two idiots named George and John? Might be breaking the 4th wall a bit though... ;)

Do we have to be that political? :)

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:46 AM

Indeed it might, but don't we all enjoy laughing at the mighty and overpompous, eh?

#7 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:36 AM

I figured as long as both are mocked, it isn't too bad.