Exnem Items

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:35 AM

In case any new players do not know about this, there is an updated version of the Exnem Items (http://www.3dconsortium.com/bgvault/). The original only worked with SOA and had conflicts with any Weidu mod that may change areas. The newer version includes the items, creatures holding the items, and the area containers that you will find these items in.

This mod is compatible with just about everything. I only add items to containers already in the areas, and the spells and items all come with the needed files to use them (no requirements to have another mod installed first). The only issue is that I had to include the creatures that have the treasures. These means orcs, ogres, etc. They are the creatures from BP (which just means they have less XP to give when killed). Also, some of the creatures, like Samia (Firkraag's lair) are equipment with the items (tougher battle!). This would be a problem if another mod also copies their version of that creature into your game.

Current version is 3.0. The next version will include fixing some of the spells and giving your enemies the chance to use the spells on you.

You will find the mod here: http://iegmc.mirror....a.com.sg/exnem/

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:24 AM

You should be able to COPY_EXISTING and then WRITE_ASCII to only change the weapon the creature is holding. Ask someone who knows more, however.

#3 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:48 AM

Take a look in the Tutu Tweaks exotic items component for a lot of spiffy tp2 patching. A few creatures get their primary or secondary weapon replaced, another one just adds a new inventory item, and another one gets their primary weapon moved to their shield hand and a new weapon added so they dual-wield. Should be pretty easy to use them as a template for doing the same with other creatures.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:52 AM

MunchMod and FR_ROV use similar methods to add the items to the various .cre files.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:09 PM

MunchMod and FR_ROV use similar methods to add the items to the various .cre files.

ROV is what I was originally hoping to copy from but I couldn't figure out the formula. An it looked like most items were replacing existing items. For Exnem, I added random items (RNDTREA6,7,8) to the creatures, but some get a specific item. I did have some weird errors with some BCS files when trying to use a random treasure. I would like to get back to this and fix it properly.

Classic Adventures

#6 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

I don't know if this applies to all the links, but the mod seems to have an easily correctable problem. When I started it up for installation, it didn't do anything. Looking at the files, two read something like .exe.debug. It seems that you accidently plugged these in due to hiding extensions (my theory)

Anyway, just removing the excess .'s solve the problem. Just though I'd bring that up. :)
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

I've never heard of anyone else having this problem. What extractor are you using?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:25 PM

I know of several people that use Exnem all the time and I have never heard of a problem extracting the files. However, the latest version may still not have a file in the Backup directory (I don't remember). If so, some crappy extractors (WinACE being the main one) will not extract the directory correctly because it is empty (WinRAR and WinZIP do this just fine and have for years). So it is possible that you are having a problem with extracting the mod.

Exnem is not compatible with the latest CtB from King Diamond. Since it replaces some of the random treasure 2DA files, it may also not be compatible with other mods. CtB is the main one that I know of. Some day I may get around to working on this issue. Perhaps after someone figures out the limitations of RNDTREA.2DA and the number of rows it will really use.

Classic Adventures

#9 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

Oh, my apologies since I use WinAce.

I've never experienced this before, so I just assumed it was the file. Sorry.
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:40 AM

Thanks for pointing this out. I will have to remember to repackage this with a file in the Backup folder.

Classic Adventures

#11 pushmonkey

pushmonkey
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:11 AM

The link in the first post = dead

#12 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts