• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:24 PM

I seem to have discovered a glitch.

On my 3/4th game (yes, I really enjoyed it) I wondered what would happen if after I completed my 3rd planet and plotted a course for Dantooine.

Normally people would pick their 4th planet, and after getting off Maul's ship, they would go there.

Well, since Dantooine get's destroyed, things got a bit wierd.

After telling everyone that you are really Darth Revan, you end up standing in the middle of the area with everyone still surrounding you (at least I think, I haven't done this in a few months) and when you go to the Cockpit, one of those floating robot droid things is there. It ask you where you would like to go, and you can go anywhere On the ship you started on, the stupid planet that got destroyed, etc. (wow, I can't remember any of the names :wacko:)

Beware though, some areas won't work, mostly the ship (the game freezes) and when you go to Destroyed Planet, you can't leave :P

I just thought this was a little wierd. has anyone else experienced this?
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

I have got to try this... ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:07 AM

I've never been able to go back to Dantooine after getting off of the ship
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:45 AM

Wow! Another in-game surprise!

#5 -discharger-

-discharger-

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:29 AM

I've never been able to go back to Dantooine after getting off of the ship

Actually, If I remember, The first area, and Dantooine just don't work.

Also, the little guy says (after you say where you want to go) "Isn't space travel wonderful?"

#6 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:10 PM

That's very odd. What I'd heard was that if you plotted a course for Dantooine after assembling all but one Star Map, you would be automatically rerouted to the planet with the last Star Map.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#7 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:27 PM

That's very odd. What I'd heard was that if you plotted a course for Dantooine after assembling all but one Star Map, you would be automatically rerouted to the planet with the last Star Map.

Maybe I was just lucky?
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#8 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

Did-a-chick? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

• 388 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:32 AM

That's the Galaxy Droid, quite a well known bug/easter egg - It's a leftover debug mode from the devs IIRC. AFAIK it only appears on the XBOX version.

You might want to load up another savegame as that one is now most likely corrupted.

Edited by The Amazing Maurice, 02 October 2004 - 06:33 AM.

#9 Cícero

Cícero
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:34 AM

I have never been able to return to Dantoiine after leaving the Leviathan.

A pity.
I would like to chat a little with the Jedi Masters after the revelation... -_-

#10 -Kelevra-

-Kelevra-

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

I played through this glitch a little further...

First of all...here's what happened with the Zaalbar copying effect: I got two Zaalbars, and the copy (the 2nd Zaalbar) replaced T3-M4 completely. He replaced the droid's character slot, and his place on the ship. There is no trace left of the droid or it's equipment.

Second of all, I went back to Dantooine and got Bastila back, whom I had to re-level up entirely. Then I boarded the Ebon Hawk I flew to Korriban once more. Here's the crazy part: after leaving the cockpit & walking into the main room / control room / mess hall, I spotted a copy of THE COPY of Zaalbar. This time, however, the 3rd Zaalbar turned out to only be a visual copy in the ship, rather than an additional character replacing another, as was the case with the second copy. After leaving the ship, and then getting back on, however, there seemed to be no trace of the 3rd copy. Yet each time I fly to a new planet the new copy appears in the ship. 

As for the recovered Bastila, she was only accessible from the ship, regardless of which planet I visited (except of course when I first got her back on the plains of Dantoonie).

This is SO weird. Seriously. You can't make this sh*t up.

That being said... I think I finally figured out why everything got so scrambled up. This easter egg is supposed to kick in during the 3rd game, immediately after one finishes the mission on the Leviathan, once they've played as all three character classes and Jedi classes (I'm assuming). For whatever reason (I imagine it's because of the old malfunctioning 1st generation Xbox that I have), the easter egg didn't kick in initially of me. It only kicked in on my 2nd flight back to the planet that I originally plotted a course for (which was Korriban) before I got sucked in by the Leviathan. It didn't happen the first time around, but my return flight to Korriban (after my flight to Manaan), caused it to happen. I guess that because of the fact that it didn't trigger when it was supposed to, it caused a glitch to occur by which Zaalbar got copied and eventually replaced my T3-M4.

#11 -Kelevra-

-Kelevra-

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I played through this glitch a little further...

heh heh... I know I'm a little late on this post... but I went back to the game after a long long time of not playing it & this just happened to me. Really weird. This is how it happened to me:

Each game I had played as a different class ((1st as a scoundrel/consular, 2nd as a scout/sentinel, 3rd as a soldier/gaurdian) first two games a light side, last as dark).  

I had just finished the leviathan mission, on my 3rd game. In the first two games. after leaving the leviathan the cut scene brought me back to the destroyed Dantoonie, since it was the planet I selected on the galaxy map before the leviathan sucked me into it's tracktor beam. On this third game, however, I didn't select Dantoonie, I had selected Korriban. Note that I had skipped the star map on Tatooine and all I had left to do was go to collect it before reaching the Star Forge and henceforth crash landing onto Lehon (The Unknown World). Anyway, after travelling to Korriban, killing Dak Vesser, & buying Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol for Carth, I left for Tatooine, to play some pazaak with Kudos so that I could stock up enough credits to purchase the remaining hyper-styms that I had left @ the vendors on Manaan.  After finishing with him, I subsequently flew back to Manonn to buy my stims, and then I flew back to Korriban, to buy a heavy targeting optics visor for Mission so that she could use Cancerous Ordo's Heavy Repeater. On the flight to Koriban, I fought a group of 6 ty-fighters, and then this glitch loaded up on the ship. 

All of the characters appeared in the center room. There appeared to be two extra swoop bikes on the ship (two in the Canderous/HK-47/workbench room), and another in the cargo hold. Also in the cargo hold was an orange droid like T3M4, called "Swoop Droid". When you engage dialogue with him (the voice is that of a male), the droid said "Greetings Master. I regret that my database contains no destination coordinantes for this planet. I cannot take you anywhere until location data is retrieved."

What's even weirder was that there were two Zaalbars on the ship. One where he would normally stand, and another that you could control and move around as on the ship. Not only that but Juhani was nowhere to be found... seemingly having been replaced by this second Zaalbar. When you go to the bridge, there's a floating medical droid, similar to the one that you see in Kashyyyk/Edean right after you pass through the door guarded by that snooty racist Czerka grandpa. This droid says the following: "What planet would you like to travel to sir?" In the dialogue box, you get the following options:

Endar Spire

Taris

Dantooine

Tatooine

Kashyyyk

Manaan

Korriban

Leviathan

Unknown World (Lehon)

Star Forge

After you select one of the following options, the droid says: "We have arrived . . . isn't space travel wonderful?"

From there, you can go pretty much anywhere. My guess is that this easter egg is unlocked once one has played as all the classes. As this didn't happen to me when I first bought the game back in 2003, since I had only played two games as two different class types. the first time around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all...here's what happened with the Zaalbar copying effect: I got two Zaalbars, and the copy (the 2nd Zaalbar) replaced T3-M4 completely. He replaced the droid's character slot, and his place on the ship. There is no trace left of the droid or it's equipment.

Second of all, I went back to Dantooine and got Bastila back, whom I had to re-level up entirely. Then I boarded the Ebon Hawk I flew to Korriban once more. Here's the crazy part: after leaving the cockpit & walking into the main room / control room / mess hall, I spotted a copy of THE COPY of Zaalbar. This time, however, the 3rd Zaalbar turned out to only be a visual copy in the ship, rather than an additional character replacing another, as was the case with the second copy. After leaving the ship, and then getting back on, however, there seemed to be no trace of the 3rd copy. Yet each time I fly to a new planet the new copy appears in the ship. 

As for the recovered Bastila, she was only accessible from the ship, regardless of which planet I visited (except of course when I first got her back on the plains of Dantoonie).

This is SO weird. Seriously. You can't make this sh*t up.

That being said... I think I finally figured out why everything got so scrambled up. This easter egg is supposed to kick in during the 3rd game, immediately after one finishes the mission on the Leviathan, once they've played as all three character classes and Jedi classes (I'm assuming). For whatever reason (I imagine it's because of the old malfunctioning 1st generation Xbox that I have), the easter egg didn't kick in initially of me. It only kicked in on my 2nd flight back to the planet that I originally plotted a course for (which was Korriban) before I got sucked in by the Leviathan. It didn't happen the first time around, but my return flight to Korriban (after my flight to Manaan), caused it to happen. I guess that because of the fact that it didn't trigger when it was supposed to, it caused a glitch to occur by which Zaalbar got copied and eventually replaced my T3-M4.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

yeah sorry that got all jumbled up... but the 2nd post is the one to look @

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

So the reason I came to this "This easter egg is supposed to kick in during the 3rd game, immediately after one finishes the mission on the Leviathan, once they've played as all three character classes and Jedi classes" conclusion, was due to the fact that all of my characters reset back to their post-Leviatian settings (experience/level/abilities/equipment & everything) once I selected a destination with the Galaxy Droid, that destination has loaded, & I left the ship & henceforth arrived in it. This easter egg actually happens when you: choose a destination on the galaxy map AFTER you've arrived @ the destination you selected BEFORE you get captured by the Leviathan.

I don't know if the Zaalbar copying / replacing T3-M4 effect has happened to other people, but it is consistently happening with me. Not only do you get a new Zaalbar, but you get new copies of every piece of equipment that he had equipped prior to when you get captured by the Leviathan. I would suggest to anyone who is reading this that is intending to go back & play the game that they equip their Zaalbar with some killer weapons (e.g. Bacca's Ceremonial Blade & Sanasaki's Blade - both fully upgraded (the upgrades will copy as well)), gloves (e.g. Genoharadan Power Gloves ~or~ Karakan Gauntlets), belt (e.g. CNS Strength Enhancer ~or~ Genoharadan Stealth Unit), & implant (e.g. Cyber Reaction System ~or~ Cardio Power System), before they let themselves get captured by the Leviathan. Mind you, there are better equipment choices than these, depending on personal preference & whether or not one has the Yavin Station expansion, but for a full list of your options, you should take a look @ this site: http://tartarus.rpgc...ndex.shtml via these addresses: http://tartarus.rpgc...torpc/410.shtml (for weapons) & http://tartarus.rpgc...torpc/420.shtml (for armour).

In closing:

(A) - the Endar Spire & Leviathan & Star Forge options via the Galaxy Droid were never able to load for me due to how glitchy things were, but every other option worked.

(B) - Once one selects the Taris option, there's no way to leave.

© - One can select the Dantooine option, acquire & level up a new Bastilla (in the plains), but she (and her equipped items) will become unavailable once you enter the enclave & only viewable from the ship once you've left Dantooine, which you won't be able to visit again. 

Have fun!

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I see the link didn't translate properly... here it is: http://tartarus.rpgc...rpc/index.shtml

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

That's exactly the case, in a physical sense; visually, you'll still see the flight-to-Dantoonie cutscene.

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

Here's what a guy from Game Banshee said about it:

Galaxy Droid

1. Platform: Xbox
2. Planet or Area: This glitch occurs after the Leviathan most of the time, although players have reported otherwise.
3. Location: n/a

4. Description: After playing through the game numerous times, I have run across this little glitch/debug mode(?) a couple of times. After multiple times of testing, and from the help of other players, I have basically determined the cause of the glitch, and a lot of information about it. I will list the effects of the galaxy droid, as well as ways for causing him to appear.

Causing the glitch:

There are multiple things reported to have caused the glitch, the most frequent reports will be posted here. By using these steps I have managed to cause the glitch to happen numerous times:

a. Do not have Jolee in your party by the Leviathan.
b. Pick Dantooine as your planet to travel to before being captured by the Leviathan.
c. Have a damaged save game.

You should save the game directly after you finish the fight with Malak, just incase you somehow pass the loading after the gunfight. Just by having these, after the gun fight on the Leviathan, your screen will turn black, but you will hear the sound of on board Ebon Hawk. After this occurs this is what you should do to enable the glitch:

a. Wait approximately 5 minutes while the black screen is active.
b. Use the directional pad, and move it left and right until you hear the sound you hear when your choosing through attacks.
c. Press the start button and save the game in a new slot.
d. Load the game, you will now find yourself in the conversation where they talk about you being Revan, after this you will find the Galaxy Droid in the area where you choose your planet destination.

Effects:

When you talk to the Galaxy Droid, he allows you to visit any of the planets and major places in the game. Some examples of interest are the Endar Spire, Taris, or Dantooine (all destroyed). This allows you to visit these areas with all of your equipment allowing for fun, yet glitchy replay value. The glitchy part is the triggers of the game seem to refresh themselves...like the woman on Dantooine who asks you about your jedi robes will repeatedly ask you the question as long as you are close to her. Overall I find it pretty fun to go to various areas of the game basically dominating things as a Jedi.

5. Workaround: Its pretty simple, just make sure you don't do any of the things that cause it which were listed above.

Submitted By: Zephyr