Photo

Awake's Mods

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:30 PM

OK, here is a list of the mods i have done so far. Not much, but this is all i've actually kept. I'm posting this here so that people will know that i don't just sit around talking about modding, yet never actually doing it. Thanks to icelus for hosting these. my mirror

Feel free to submit any constructive criticism. Tell me what you think would make these better or something like that.

Samurai Kit

First off, this is my first mod, and it is not entirely finished. Currently the only addition to the game that you will get with this is the kit. Some time in the future, who knows when, I plan on adding some special items. This kit will later be edited to be more accurate according to DnD manuals I will also consider any suggestions, comments, or dislikes with my mod. E-mail them to gyssemitore@yahoo.com. Also e-mail any bugs etc.to that address.

Installation

Extract SETUP-SAMURAIKIT.exe, SETUP-SAMURAIKIT.TP2, and Samuraikit folder to you main BG2 directory. Go to the WeiDU installer and double click. Hit the Y button and enter on your keyboard to install. Start game. Select Human. Select Fighter. Voila! You installed the Samurai Kit. Good Job! :-D

Kit Description

Samurai: The Samurai is a rare fighter in the realms. They have spent their lives training for combat in the path of righteous. Samurai's have studied combat wearing heavy armor and using two katanas simultaneously. A samurai is wise and intelligent, unlike the average thick-headed fighter. If some action is needed, as long as it serves the greater good, the samurai will take it.

Advantages:
- A plus 1 to THAC0 for every three levels
- Receives a plus 4 to movement rate
- May Meditate once per day for every 10 levels starting at level 1 with one use.
- Meditation gives the samurai a plus 2 to AC and an extra half attack per round.

Disadvantages:
- Due to the abscence from absolute meditation, the samurai receives a minus 2 to AC at level 19.
- May not gain any proficiency in Sword and Shield fighting style.
- May not use ranged or piercing weapons with any proficiency, excluding the spear.

Requiremets:
- Must be Human
- Must be of Neutral Good Alignment
- Stats: Strengh=15 Dexterity=12 Intelligence=8 Wisdom=10

I was considering adding the "kai" sound to the meditation ability, but then I
thought "people don't make loud noises when meditating." So if you think I
should change that, make a good suggestion.

Once again, if you have any questions, comments, bugs, or anything to do with this or any other mod that I make, please e-mail me at gyssemitore@yahoo.com.

Real Short Cutscenes

Yes, I know that this has been done before, but those were shortened cutscenes. Currently all that I have done is the new game cut scene, but soon I will be doing others. This cutscene shortener is different because it doesn't just shorten the cutscenes, it makes the cutscenes go to the shortest stage imaginable. I recommend this for those who have played the game several times, don't have any mods installed that change this, and modders. You will not get any of the story line out of most of these cutscenes. Each cutscene will be optional, so you don't have to install all of them or none of them. Check version history at bottom of screen.

Installation

Installation of this mod is very easy, thanks to Weimer. Just extract all of the files to your main bg2 directory, and double click on SETUP-CUTSCENEv0.exe. Then just follow the instructions and you will have shortened your cutscenes.

WARNING

This is not recommended for first time players, so if you have already installed this, I recommend uninstalling it. There are no difficulties installing or uninstalling, if you wish to uninstall, double click on the SETUP-CUTSCENE applicatiospellholdstudios.netn and follow the easy uninstalling directions.

E-mail any bugs that you find in this "tweak" to gyssemitore@yahoo.com, or PM at forums.forgottenwars.net or forums.blackwyrmlair.net as Awake.

Tweak History

Version 0: No Irenicus torturing. Straight to Imoen entering the room.

Edited by Awake, 30 September 2004 - 06:45 PM.

Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#2 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:05 AM

If you make the cutscenes shorter than the short cutscenes, ill be SOOOOO playing it! :D
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#3 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:12 AM

i plan on it. just not yet. they are way too long for me. i know it's not too difficult, but i'm too busy the way it is
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

#4 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:27 AM

:P Screw that! Instant cutscenes would be great, really useful!

#5 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:15 PM

i'm thinking of having imoen just pop up and be in your party. skip that whole dialogue too.

#6 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:21 PM

Dont shorten cutscenes - remove them completely.
And yes, skipping Imoens dialog would be good.

Visit the IESDP

#7 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

alright then, cutscene and dialogue removal, here i come....

#8 LordKableNikon

LordKableNikon

I'm not a psychopath,I'm a sociopath....

• 111 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

Well the Samurai if you looked at the traditional one, was more Lawful Neutral, his blade and honor(which also was hise 3 blades) His honor came from Serving his Daimyo in which once sworn it didn't matter right and wrong it was the word of his lord, he was expected to do good things but only by the word of his master, His Daimyo could ask to see the blade and take it out and look at it, but anyone else who touched his blade without permission was more of an insult.
And if you made this as a ronin a samurai with no master, then just for clarification not all ronin's were good people, some left because they were out for revenge, some left because the tenets of bushido were too harsh and some were just not kind people, but a noble by birth, a son of a samurai is still a samurai, ronin or not, good or evil, but almost exclusively Lawful

#9 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

so are you saying that it should be only lawful alignments, or lawful and neutral alignments. you put up a good argument, so i'll change it if you think it should be

#10 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:31 PM

Need another mirror...or two? :)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#11 LordKableNikon

LordKableNikon

• 111 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

I was thinking more of a Lawful alignment, they all tried to follow some sort of "moral code" how moral it was, is based upon 3 things
1) his family
2) his daimyo
3) his environment

my recommendation is making the Samurai Class Lawful
having them able to fall might be a bit hard but it might change there class abilities allowing them to be ronin,
Situations where the samurai might fall might be where Trax asks for the name of you and you say No and fighting the guards
stealing the deed for firkragg
basically situations where one chooses Chaos over Law (you have to make a judgement call on them)
Almost like a Paladin of Law I thought the Samurai was.
Like Paladins ARE lG (lower case L and Capital G) meaning they favor the Law but will do good over the Law if that is the only path
Samurai would seem Lg Le Ln (Capital L lower case g/e/n)
it would make the class very unique, (paladin's fall they lose all there abilities same with rangers) but if the samurai falls he'd still keep his skills he learned as a Samurai and then he'd learn ronin "skills"

Edited by LordKableNikon, 01 October 2004 - 04:38 PM.

#12 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:35 PM

umm... sure. thanks!

the intro should be finished by tonight people. i had the dialogue finished, but i forgot to check any conditions/actions so i have to redo it. and then for the script.

as for the samurai, i guess i'll make that to where LG, NG, LN, TN, LE, NE can select the kit. i guess that makes much more sense.

Lord.... i'll look into making them fall. that shouldn't be too hard, so i'll check it out.

i'll make the lawful alignments choosable only then. ignore the alignments above..

Edited by Awake, 01 October 2004 - 04:36 PM.

#13 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:43 PM

i only edit a post so many times...

i like those ideas, but if the samurai keeps the abilities from being a non-fallen samurai, what is he going to lose if he falls. i think it would become unbalanced(not that it is already) if the samurai kept those skills. so what do you think he should gain/lose.

#14 LordKableNikon

LordKableNikon

• 111 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

I think the movement rate and thaco bonus he should keep because that is more of a skill based rather than a supernatural ability, how skilled they are at there bladesmanship should not be affected, though Meditation might change, whether losing it or keeping what meditation they have, and as a ronin gain something a little less powerful, so people don't really want to fall but can fall for RP reasons.

#15 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:09 PM

hmm... good ideas. the problem i have with creating new spells is the BAMs. people don't like seeing the same old bams and i haven't found anywhere that tells me how to make my own. until then, i'm stuck w/ the same old ones.

At rep=8(i think that's low) the samurai becomes "Ronin"

#16 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:34 PM

Which bams are you talking about? The ones in the spellbook and such, or are you talking about new graphical effects?

#17 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:43 PM

the ones in the spell book. i'm definitely not qualified for graphical effects. i don't know how to do the weapon bams either, which i'm sure are the same.

#18 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

Here's a tutorial:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=11353

Amazing what you can find in the tutorials forum. ;)

What program do you intend to use for editing? I use Paint Shop Pro, and it works well. Anything that can work in layers will make this SO much easier.

#19 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:06 PM

Amazing what you can find in the tutorials forum. ;)

What program do you intend to use for editing? I use Paint Shop Pro, and it works well. Anything that can work in layers will make this SO much easier.

thanks Stoned Wolf. for that i shall not ever refer to you by your correct name again. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! anyways, i have coreldraw with all of these components that it came w/. i don't know if anyone knows how to use this, but i have no clue.

as far as the tutorial, when i said i couldn't find anything, i meant that i hadn't looked real hard for it. now if i had said

I have looked everywhere for a tutorial on how to create BAMs, but i can't find one. does anyone know?

i would also have started a new thread probably.

thanks for the tutorial though :thumb:

#20 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

One tip I can give you is to get some "blank" bitmaps ready. That way you can take an image you like, erase the parts you don't want, and then paste that onto all three blanks. It makes things much easier.