Bridge crash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -roangore-

-roangore-

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:03 PM

Hello,

I have ctb installed with the big picture and so far so good, but I get a crash when trying to enter the bridge district, and someone in the BP forum said it was a ctb issue and there was a bridge patch that fixed it.

Does anyone know where this patch is and do I have to reinstall and restart? I have some smaller Weidu mods such as Tsugatha and banter packs which I installed after ctb.

Thank you

#2 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

See my post in the "CtB doesn't install" topic regarding the .tp2 file- it's the cause of the Bridge Crash.
Play SoS! And then play CtB!

#3 -Roangore-

-Roangore-

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

Thanks CB, I inserted the text into the tp2 file as suggested and reinstalled. The bridge is accessible now from my save game. I probaly should do a full reinstall and new game, but I have an interesting game so far and I hate to scrap it. Just have to hope it works the whole way.

#4 -guestmike-

-guestmike-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:09 PM

Thanks CB, I inserted the text into the tp2 file as suggested and reinstalled. The bridge is accessible now from my save game. I probaly should do a full reinstall and new game, but I have an interesting game so far and I hate to scrap it. Just have to hope it works the whole way.

I'm having this same problem.

What do you mean by "I inserted the text into the tp2 file as suggested and reinstalled"?

I checked the thread CBisson mentioned, and couldn't see anything with regards to inserting text into a tp2 file. The only thing he said in that thread was item #7 in the instructions (" If you receive an error while installing, open the backup directory of 'checkbod'. If you have folders in there, delete them. If you don't have folders in there, make folders named "0", "1", and "2". That should only be done if you're getting an error installing CtB for the very first time."). So, I'm confused - first, I didn't get any errors when installing, so should I do this thing with the directories in the backup folder? And what's this about inserting text into some tp2 file? I don't see that anywhere in that thread.

#5 -guestmike-

-guestmike-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:13 PM

Perhaps this is the thread CBisson meant, rather than the "CTB won't install" thread?

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=11065

there's some stuff in there about editing the tp2 file.

Looks like that was the thread he meant.

#6 -guestmike-

-guestmike-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

erg. Okay, I tried what is recommended in that other thread (editing the .tp2 file as it says), and when re-installing, I NOW get errors. I didn't before, but after modifying the .tp2 file as described, I get install errors. I'm sure I edited it exactly as it says. Any ideas?

#7 lennon

lennon
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 06:55 AM

I also have this problem. :o

I have read both the refered to post CB's answer and the mod Home Page, but am unclear if the suggestion means

runsetup, find error, delete sub folders, runsetup

or

runsetup. find errors, uninstall, delete folders [ctb*], delete checkbod\backup\* and then rerun the install

I am using V148, should I upgrade etc?

I hope that this is the right thread to bump and that my x-refs help future confused people.

Added 17th Dec 2004

I have a patched install of V150 and the problem has gone. i.e I can travel from the Slums to the Bridge without a crash. Previous correspondents have stated that the problem is specific to V148. I now concur. This thread should probably be locked.

Don't use V148!! :crying: . Its been superceded. Note: Product Authors usually have a good reason for issuing a new release.

Edited by lennon, 17 December 2004 - 02:38 PM.