Missing Plot Person?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 -Dora-

-Dora-

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:18 AM

Hi! Really enjoying the mod so far -- it's been good for a lot of smiles, and some honest-to-goodness giggles (leading to lots of "What the heck are you playing over there?"). You're all to be commended on your work and, as I said before, especially the writing.

But!

(there's always a but, isn't there?)

Edwin has just received his big message from you-know-who (to avoid spoilers). I promptly scurried off to the meeting, and, after it was over, was told to meet the person "tomorrow", after he'd had a chance to "think things over". Problem is, I'm not sure if we were supposed to meet him in the same place, or somewhere else. Edwin and Co. hung around the area for a while, trying to nap to make time pass quicker, thwarted by guards, and eventually headed off to the inn in the area to rest until the next day, three times until 24 hours had passed.

Thing is, when we came back, the person still wasn't there. We hung around a bit more, and, as time went on, ended up poking our heads into every building in the area, and lurking in every corner to search. No luck. Figuring it might be on some sort of timer, like the other LoveTalks, I decided to go off and do some other questing. Several levels, thousands of gold, hours of travel time between all the map places later, still no Plot Person. I'm beginning to think maybe I missed him, or just missed the part where he said where he was. Edwin hasn't said a word about the whole thing; it's like it never happened. No prompting about meeting the person, nothing. (Although if I do try to leave the city to head for Spellhold on the boat, he angrily brings up his business in the city, and insists we stay)

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long-winded post. But, as I said, I've had a great deal of fun with this mod, so I really wouldn't mind starting over again (the fact that I've yet to finish the game itself takes the sting out of it ;) ) in case I've messed something up. Sorry for being a dunce!

#2 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:26 AM

You need to go toa different place -- check your journal for hints! I believe it is actually Bridge district the second time around. Gods 'He' will be mad at you...

#3 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:36 AM

You need to go toa different place -- check your journal for hints! I believe it is actually Bridge district the second time around. Gods 'He' will be mad at you...

Yes, as far as I recall it should be the Bridge District the second time - he will seek you out there. :) Btw, Dora could you please check if there is a hint in the journal about this? If not, we should put one in, to avoid more people missing this. I don't *think* you have to reload - I hope not.

#4 -Dora-

-Dora-

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:19 AM

I honestly didn't find a mention of the Bridge District in the journal, although I may just be doing that stupid thing where I overlook something really obvious. It happens all the time. I reloaded from the save I'd made before I'd gone to meet him the first time 'round, and ran off to the Bridge District, however, and everything worked fine.

At least, until I finished the lich errand. The ring I was given to teleport myself out was in fact the same ring I already had, the one used to teleport me in with no charges left. I got around it easily enough by running off to a cheats site to get the command to teleport myself to another area, (CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("<location number>")) and all was well. I just thought you should know, although with my luck I could be the only one it's happened to. :)

Hope I'm not being annoying or the bearer of bad/irritating news.

On the plus side, all seems well on the Unfinished Business compatibility front. Granted, I've been cramming playing in between work and bed, so I haven't done much aside from the romance, but still.

#5 -Dora-

-Dora-

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:22 AM

Nevermind! Just saw you've already had UB verified. :)

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:42 AM

I honestly didn't find a mention of the Bridge District in the journal, although I may just be doing that stupid thing where I overlook something really obvious. It happens all the time. I reloaded from the save I'd made before I'd gone to meet him the first time 'round, and ran off to the Bridge District, however, and everything worked fine.

At least, until I finished the lich errand. The ring I was given to teleport myself out was in fact the same ring I already had, the one used to teleport me in with no charges left. I got around it easily enough by running off to a cheats site to get the command to teleport myself to another area, (CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("<location number>")) and all was well. I just thought you should know, although with my luck I could be the only one it's happened to. :)

Hope I'm not being annoying or the bearer of bad/irritating news.

On the plus side, all seems well on the Unfinished Business compatibility front. Granted, I've been cramming playing in between work and bed, so I haven't done much aside from the romance, but still.

OK, for the next update I think I need to write in a few lines in the journal to make our Plot Person easier to find. :)

As for the teleportation ring - did you search the bodies? As I remember it, there should have been a fully charged one available on one of them.

#7 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:46 AM

Yes just gotten to this point. No mention at all, Idea though so that you don't just have a bit of information out of nowhere... have Edwin say something about where it is (maybe You-know-who sent him a code or somthing?) If you think up better (other then Y-K-W saying so then Goodie. I'm just thinking that it could be a way to learn a bit more about their past together (how does Eddie know to meet him there? maye it was a game they used to play? send each other secret messeges to try and break?)

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 11 October 2004 - 11:49 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#8 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:23 PM

Yeah... I did that too. There's no real hints as to where to meet him... and I was about 6 days late to meet You know who... :unsure: and was not scolded for my tardiness.. luckily. Perhaps you ought to add in a dialogue in which he DOES scold you if your late... :)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#9 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:35 PM

Yeah... I did that too. There's no real hints as to where to meet him... and I was about 6 days late to meet You know who... :unsure: and was not scolded for my tardiness.. luckily. Perhaps you ought to add in a dialogue in which he DOES scold you if your late... :)

I've changed the orginal dialogue by now, and it will be incorporated into the next version. You Know Who (No, *not* Lord Voldemort!) will give you clear instructions on where next to meet him, and you'll also get it listed in your journal entry.

#10 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:34 AM

Lord V (the baddest hippest disco party freak in the world) Yes I'm sad, but I'm bored
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#11 -Christina-

-Christina-

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:06 AM

WHERE in the bridge district do you find him? Cuz I'm there, and nothing's happening............................. pls help :(

I'm so bad with these romance thingies, and I really want to go to spellhold!! :D

#12 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:59 AM

WHERE in the bridge district do you find him? Cuz I'm there, and nothing's happening............................. pls help :(

I'm so bad with these romance thingies, and I really want to go to spellhold!! :D

Hm...I think he can turn up in different spots. I remember for certain that once I rested at the Five Flagons and he spawned when I exited the inn.

#13 -Versailles-

-Versailles-

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:53 AM

Heyla!

Firstly, this is a wonderful, wonderful mod and Edwin is extremely well-written. Loved the conversation between him and You-Know-Who (as everyone here is calling him,), Great job! :thumb:

But.... Just like the people who started this thread, I can't find him after resting 3 times to make time pass faster. I left the game on unpaused to see what would happen, but even after two hours, nothing happened, and it was 'tomorrow's' night again! :( :blink:

:unsure: Oh, and there really is no hint of where to re-meet YKW; not in the journal/ quests or in the conversation itself. I wouldn't have any clue if I hadn't been lurking around here... ;)

#14 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:21 AM

Heyla!

Firstly, this is a wonderful, wonderful mod and Edwin is extremely well-written. Loved the conversation between him and You-Know-Who (as everyone here is calling him,), Great job!  :thumb: 

But.... Just like the people who started this thread, I can't find him after resting 3 times to make time pass faster. I left the game on unpaused to see what would happen, but even after two hours, nothing happened, and it was 'tomorrow's' night again!  :(  :blink: 

:unsure:  Oh, and there really is no hint of where to re-meet YKW; not in the journal/ quests or in the conversation itself. I wouldn't have any clue if I hadn't been lurking around here... ;)

View Post

Hello Versailles! :) Glad you're liking the mod so far!

About You-Know-Who then. For the next version of the mod, I've had him mention in the first chat with you that it's the Bridge District you should go to. Have you tried going there, after having rested? Or else resting in the Five Flagons, and popping out?

#15 -Guest_Moliasar_*-

-Guest_Moliasar_*-

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:32 PM

Well i have a similar problem with the people above in this topic :) The big difference is that i cant find the guy for our first meeting :P I was at the slums when i got the messenger with the letter to go at the docks.. I went there immediately and i just cant find him. I ve searched the whole district just noone there. I rested about 30 times in case something happen travel to other places in the map and came back to docks but still nothing . And not a comment from Edwin too.. Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance .. Good work btw :)

#16 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 08:14 AM

Well i have a similar problem with the people above in this topic :) The big difference is that i cant find the guy for our first meeting :P I was at the slums when i got the messenger with the letter to go at the docks.. I went there immediately and i just cant find him. I ve searched the whole district  just noone there. I rested about 30 times in case something happen travel to other places in the map and came back to docks but still nothing . And not a comment from Edwin too.. Any help will be appreciated  thanks in advance .. Good work btw :)

View Post

Hm...that is an odd one, haven't encountered it before. What *should* happen is that as you enter the Docks, a little kid should come up and guide you to the meeting. Not sure why that doesn't happen, but I've asked the programmers to check it out.

#17 -Guest_Moliasar_*-

-Guest_Moliasar_*-

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:55 PM

Well i solved the problem with the cluaconsole thing i created him at the docks and everything went ok from that point :) But it was still really odd cause up to that point i didnt have any problem with the mod .. Thanks for your time :) Greetings.

#18 -Versailles-

-Versailles-

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:35 PM

He's not there, he's not there, he's not there... You-Know-Who must really hate my PC <_< . Yep, I rested at the 5 Flagons Inn quite a few times, been doing that and wandering around the Bridge District after every rest and still nothing. I even tried resting in Umar Hills and coming back just to see if it would spawn him. Then, out of desperation, I talked to Aran Lindvail about taking off to Spellhold in hopes that Edwin's angry outburst would prompt YKW to appear in the Bridge District... Gah! I'm desperate now, where can I get the code for the CLUAConsole to spawn him that second time? Please, please, please help me... :(

#19 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:38 AM

He's not there, he's not there, he's not there... You-Know-Who must really hate my PC  <_< . Yep, I rested at the 5 Flagons Inn quite a few times, been doing that and wandering around the Bridge District after every rest and still nothing. I even tried resting in Umar Hills and coming back just to see if it would spawn him. Then, out of desperation, I talked to Aran Lindvail about taking off to Spellhold in hopes that Edwin's angry outburst would prompt YKW to appear in the Bridge District... Gah! I'm desperate now, where can I get the code for the CLUAConsole to spawn him that second time? Please, please, please help me...  :(

View Post

Gah, how annoying! :( This seems to be the most common bug that people encounter, and we will work on trying to eliminate it before the next version comes out. I'm afraid I work out of town during the weeks, so I won't be able to check the CLUA console codes until I get home this weekend. If anybody else can check it out in the meantime, I'd be most grateful.

#20 -Versailles-

-Versailles-

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

Gah, how annoying! :( This seems to be the most common bug that people encounter, and we will work on trying to eliminate it before the next version comes out. I'm afraid I work out of town during the weeks, so I won't be able to check the CLUA console codes until I get home this weekend. If anybody else can check it out in the meantime, I'd be most grateful.

View Post

Don't worry, other than this little glitch, the mod is terrific :D . And about the codes, I'll wait *swinging legs back and forth*, I have to peel myself from sitting in front of the computer the whole day so I don't fail my exams. :P