Missing Plot Person?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

Don't worry, other than this little glitch, the mod is terrific  :D . And about the codes, I'll wait *swinging legs back and forth*, I have to peel myself from sitting in front of the computer the whole day so I don't fail my exams.  :P

View Post

Isn't the encounter in the Bridge District supposed to take place in the so called fish house, are you sure you've been there? Of course, it's possible that I'm confusing some of the Dekaras encounters..

#22 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:31 AM

Alright. Sigh. I am convinced this needs some serious looking into... I bet I overindulged with GLOBALS and You-know-Who spawning can be simplified ( I did the same with demon Abaia in LR, so I bet I need to clean up the GLOBALS)

Next release after this weekend most likely. But I will post a list of GLOBALS in a need to be set to cetrain values here in this thread soon.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#23 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:48 PM

Now, I assume everybody is getting the little boy Barvon spawn where he is supposed to -- in the Docks district. He then invites the missing plot person -- lest name him Mr. D.

Mr D. tells you he will see you tomorrow -- and here are the conditions to meet him in the Bridge district with Edwin in Party:

Global("TalkedToInspector","GLOBAL",1)
Global("DekkieLetter","GLOBAL",3)
GlobalTimerExpired("MeetingWithDekaras","GLOBAL")
AreaCheck("AR0500")
See(Player1)
CombatCounter(0)
Global("EdwinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

ie -- you should have active romance, not be in battle, be in Area 0500, and have talked to Inspector wassaname -- the guy who looks for the skinner. Also -- check your timer or reset it to 1 if you like... MAke sure Edwin is next to PC.

For the next meeting the conditions are these:

AreaCheck("AR0527")
Global("EdwinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
Global("EdwinLichQuest","GLOBAL",1)

Once again -- reset these variables with CLUA and your mising gent should spawn...

I would really appreciate some games send to me with him not spawning -- to see whats the reason behind it.

Edited by dorotea, 03 November 2004 - 05:49 PM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#24 -Versailles-

-Versailles-

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:14 AM

Thanks! And, no problem about the games thing, I'll just save a game where Mr. D doesn't show up no matter how long I stand about. Where do you want it sent to?

#25 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:30 AM

Thanks! And, no problem about the games thing, I'll just save a game where Mr. D doesn't show up no matter how long I stand about. Where do you want it sent to?

View Post

You could send it to nebukad@hotmail.com if it's not too much trouble.

#26 -Guest_dorotea_*-

-Guest_dorotea_*-

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:32 AM

View Post

View Post

ladydorotea@hotnail.com is an alternative :P actually just cc: to us both

#27 -Versailles-

-Versailles-

Posted 05 November 2004 - 04:33 AM

View Post

View Post

ladydorotea@hotnail.com is an alternative :P actually just cc: to us both

View Post

SPOILER(S):

Okay. I'll do that. I have done the lich fight a few times. The first time, I got the lich, but the ring I got had no charges. I checked the bodies, I even had the convo with Edwin's mom there, still stuck in that place. I tried that a few times, and found that sometimes Dekaras doesn't even talk to me when he gets there, just stands there and waits till I kill all the mages. The one I just played was even worse, Dekaras just stood there and I had different party members go up to him to force talk him to get him to give me the phayla-blah. The statement "Dekaras appears busy" keep coming up, and after watching 10 minutes worth of my party bashing at near death Banco who refuses to die, I just quit it. So, I guess I'm going to send you two games. Thanks!

#28 -Guest_dorotea_*-

-Guest_dorotea_*-

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:43 AM

It is ladydorotea@hotmail.com :bash:

#29 rikitikitavi

rikitikitavi
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

Alright. Sigh. I am convinced this needs some serious looking into... I bet I overindulged with GLOBALS and You-know-Who spawning can be simplified ( I did the same with demon Abaia in LR, so I bet I need to clean up the GLOBALS)

Actually, the little boy isn't spawning for me either (although we've already determined that my game is a bit wonky this playthrough). What's the CLUA code for getting him to spawn?

#30 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 05:18 AM

Actually, the little boy isn't spawning for me either (although we've already determined that my game is a bit wonky this playthrough). What's the CLUA code for getting him to spawn?

View Post

You could try CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("barvon") or CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DekkieLetter","GLOBAL",1)

Either one should do it.

#31 rikitikitavi

rikitikitavi
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:25 AM

View Post

You could try CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("barvon") or CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DekkieLetter","GLOBAL",1)

Either one should do it.

View Post

Thanks! That worked, and the rest of Dekkie's appearances flowed smoothly.

One comment; Dekkie approached me in the Bridge section when I was fending off some thugs, and instigated conversation with me even though I was in the middle of a fight. It's a Looooong conversation, which is hard to deal with when someone is pounding you over the head. You might want a code that would have him stand off to the side and fire with his crossbow if hostiles are in the area. Terl (? the messenger from Anomen's father) stands back and shoots arrows if he spawns when the party is engaged in a fight.