Photo

edwing resurection

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

just wondering when u place edwins body in the altar with bhodis heart r they both ment to disapper also i cant seem to figure out what the extra item i ment to include is ive tried the lock of hair ive got of edwin but theres no reaction
Death has come for thee

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:51 PM

just wondering when u place edwins body in the altar with bhodis heart r they both ment to disapper also i cant seem to figure out what the extra item i ment to include is ive tried the lock of hair ive got of edwin but theres no reaction

Hm, that is strange, I reloaded I save I had just now and it works for me.

SPOILER SPACE

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

When you place Edwin's body and Bhodi's heart together on the alter, you should get a prompter about how it isn't enough, like a dialogue screen. In that dialogue screen, you should have the option of putting the lock of hair, along with the heart and the body, on the altar, and that should resurrect Edwin. Also, if you keep the lock of hair, you should get the option to try something else.

Did you pick the dialogue option 'place lock of hair on the altar'? Because that should work, or at least it does in my game. If it doesn't, it must be some kind of strange bug, that Dorotea and Nebukad should be informed about.

#3 -thumbs-

-thumbs-

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:21 AM

I put the lock of hair in there at the start with the body and the heart , and it never brought him back, so dont put the hair in there first. unless it was just my game.

#4 Kain

Kain
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:01 AM

i think i found out what the problem was whe i placed the body anf=d heart there it said something like the rage has cooled , i think it was because i somehow skipped the slayer dream, i reloaded and it worked fine
Death has come for thee

#5 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

Edwin talked about making a charm out of my hair about 5 hrs ago, but he hasn't made it yetand i'm half way thru the underdark now - should he have said something about it by now? If he doesn't, could you please tell me the CLUAConsole code for the hair for when I need to ressurect him?
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

-Katharine Hepburn

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

Edwin talked about making a charm out of my hair about 5 hrs ago, but he hasn't made it yetand i'm half way thru the underdark now - should he have said something about it by now? If he doesn't, could you please tell me the CLUAConsole code for the hair for when I need to ressurect him?

Just as in the unmodded game, all lovetalks are paused while you are in the Underdark. That's because characters such as Degardan can't appear there.

Edwin will give you the present after you and he have consummated your love. (Not the 'morning after' lovetalk, but the one after that.) Let me know if things still don't work once you get out of the Underdark.

#7 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:28 AM

SPOILERS

I think I've done that - I've even met his mother, who reluctantly approved of me, but still no charm

please help! :blink:

-Katharine Hepburn

#8 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:40 AM

SPOILERS

I think I've done that - I've even met his mother, who reluctantly approved of me, but still no charm

please help! :blink:

*blinks* That is very strange...the charm dialogue should have happened long before that, and I don't see how you could have skipped past that lovetalk to a much later one. Do you have a savegame that one of the programmers can take a look at?

Now, I put in a safeguard for players who had lost the amulet or didn't want to part with it so they could still resurrect Edwin, so it should still work. But if it doesn't, you can use Shadowkeeper to give yourself the amulet. It's called 'CHARNAME's lock of hair.'

#9 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:57 AM

Thanks, I will try it and use Shadow keeper if necessary.

I'll have a look thru my save games and see if there's an early enough one. Incidently, I got the dlg about kissing twice - I don't know if that made a difference or explains anything.

-Katharine Hepburn

#10 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

I do have a saved game from just after Edwin offered to make the charm, what do I need to do so that someone can look at it? :huh:

-Katharine Hepburn

#11 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:05 PM

I do have a saved game from just after Edwin offered to make the charm, what do I need to do so that someone can look at it? :huh:

Well, either Dorotea or Nebukad should be notified since they're the programming experts - I suggest sending a PM or mail first explaining the problem. I'm afraid that I'm only up to more minor programming feats, so I can't fix it myself. (Plus I don't have access to my game at the moment anyway.)

#12 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

OK thanks. I have got to the resurection bit too now, and I don't get the dlg option to use the hair either - my pc just says "hmmm..." and when I press continue, it does nothing. I have had the slayer dream etc, but as I said earlier, I never had the dlg where he gave me the charm, so I had to get it thru shadow keeper. I've tried reloading to quick save, but maybe I'll try going back a little furtyher, to bodhi's fight or some such, see if that works

-Katharine Hepburn

#13 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:44 PM

I do have a saved game from just after Edwin offered to make the charm, what do I need to do so that someone can look at it?

If you still have that game -- can you 'zip 'it into a zip file (all the contents of the savegame folder -- just drop entire folder) and email it to ladydorotea@hotmail.com

You help will be greatly appreciated!

I suspect the game can skip creation of the lock of hair... still it is weird, weird, weird -- none of the outcomes should bypass that without resetting romance to 3...

You did get the LT about the 'dried Monkey Paw' did you?

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#14 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

Yes I did get the one about the monkey paw - I re-loaded from a save before trying the ressurection several times, but it never worked. I've since done a re-install of bgii & tob to get a clean install, so I'm gong to try again with the newest 1.05 version - wish me luck!

-Katharine Hepburn

#15 Samudra

Samudra
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:42 PM

According to the journal, Elhan and someone else (a mage, if I remember correctly) can help me with the resurrection of Edwin. However, if I talk to Elhan, there is no option about "help me to resurrect a party member" or such. So I wonder if it is necessary to talk to Elhan or this other person to get Edwin back.

As I've read the posts here, I put Edwin's body and Bodhi's heart down, but I don't get any dialogue option to lay the lock of hair down.
Oportet cavere eos, quorum vim ignores.

Edwin Odesseiron, j'ai de la vénération pour toi!

"Satu nusa, satu bangsa, satu bahasa!"

#16 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:55 AM

According to the journal, Elhan and someone else (a mage, if I remember correctly) can help me with the resurrection of Edwin. However, if I talk to Elhan, there is no option about "help me to resurrect a party member" or such. So I wonder if it is necessary to talk to Elhan or this other person to get Edwin back.

As I've read the posts here, I put Edwin's body and Bodhi's heart down, but I don't get any dialogue option to lay the lock of hair down.

View Post

No other person is necessary to resurrect Edwin, that's just a reference as to where you might find the vampire books that provide clues, like in the original game. It does sound as if you have encountered a bug - do you have a save game as you are about to resurrect Edwin?

#17 Samudra

Samudra
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:35 AM

I've sent my save game to Dorotea - she is responsible for fixing bugs, I presume?
Oportet cavere eos, quorum vim ignores.

Edwin Odesseiron, j'ai de la vénération pour toi!

"Satu nusa, satu bangsa, satu bahasa!"

#18 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:42 AM

I've sent my save game to Dorotea - she is responsible for fixing bugs, I presume?

View Post

Dorotea or Nebukad - Dorotea's been pretty busy IRL lately, so if you don't hear back from her, send it to Neb or myself.

#19 -Astral-

-Astral-

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

I am having a similar problem. Everytime I try to place Edwin's body along with Bodhi's Heart into the alter, no dialogue shows up. Is there a certain time when you have to do it or can you try to resurrect him anytime while your in the city? Is there anyone I should talk to before trying to bring him back? Please help me....Im desprate...I want my Eddie back... :(