Photo

Questions...ultimate dark/light level, charisma?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 10:26 AM

got the xbox...(pity me, i am poor...) and i used the sandale feud exploit to get ultimate light side reward, the column of light...now, since i am counselor, i should get 3 extra points of charisma, which doesn't show up!!!

when you get the reward for the ultimate force alignment, having done enough selfless and kind deeds, i should get the reward of more charisma... :angry: :angry: :angry:

or is this a patch issue?

a more important question...more charisma means more force points, right???

well, both charisma and wisdom are suppose to affect the saves of targets for your force powers, how exactly does that work??? is it more important to have charisma or wisdom? like, if you want enemies vulnerable to force lightning, do you invest in wisdom or charisma? force push, force heal, stasis field??? if you're going to go for offensive powers should you invest in wisdom or charisma?

this is very confusing...the modifiers in bg2 are well known, but no one knows the modifiers and mechanics of kotor... <_<
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#2 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:21 PM

this is very confusing...the modifiers in bg2 are well known, but no one knows the modifiers and mechanics of kotor... <_<

I'd assume they're the same as they are in the Star Wars pnp RPG game (which is based on the D20 system).

#3 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:26 PM

I don't have access to the game at the moment but I believe the save bonus is a combo of your wisdom and charisma modifiers, so at least in theory switching off btw the 2 should get you just as good as focusing on one, so i put points in whichever is closer to getting another modifier, but what really matters is which stat looks better otherwise.
Wisdom: bonuses to fp amount and treat injury
Charisma: bonus to persuasion (unfortuanatly no store discount like their should be). The manual also says it improves 'force based feats' but i have no idea how or which.

so unless those feat bonuses turn out to be very good, i would give your counselor mor wisdom.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#4 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

I don't have access to the game at the moment but I believe the save bonus is a combo of your wisdom and charisma modifiers, so at least in theory switching off btw the 2 should get you just as good as focusing on one, so i put points in whichever is closer to getting another modifier, but what really matters is which stat looks better otherwise.
Wisdom: bonuses to fp amount and treat injury
Charisma: bonus to persuasion (unfortuanatly no store discount like their should be). The manual also says it improves 'force based feats' but i have no idea how or which.

so unless those feat bonuses turn out to be very good, i would give your counselor mor wisdom.

wait, are you sure its wisdom, not charisma for amount of forcepoints? cause bastilla and the julani both have a lot more force points than they should, cause their charisma is higher than wisdom...

sigh..

well, i FINALLY got a plan that i actually like...

15 str
16 dex
8 con
8 con
14 wis
14 cha...

yeah, pitifully few hit points, but relying on toughness and conditioning and cheating in major forcepowers (xbox cheats) to make up for it.. tremendous punch and force powers, not much survivability...relying on major force buffs, even exploiting energy resistance protecting against lightsabres cheese... :ph34r:

well, it sure makes battles interesting...his pitiful fortitude saves means anyone with critical strike dangerous...but his forcepowers...wow... ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

very much like kensai mage builds...relying on forcepowers to prebuff before battle, and use offensive forcepowers to soften them up... :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#5 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:49 PM

now, since i am counselor, i should get 3 extra points of charisma

Is that in the manual? It's news--quite surprising news--to me.

(Consular, btw.)
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:07 AM

Here are the bonuses for mastering light or dark side:

Light Side
Guardian: +3 Strength
Sentinel: +3 Constitution
Consular: +3 Charisma

Dark Side
Guardian: +1d8 damage
Sentinel: Immunity: Poison
Consular: +50 Force points

#7 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:51 AM

I only ever got str for dark side. bugger <_<
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#8 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:38 PM

I only ever got str for dark side. bugger <_<

xbox??

ok, has anyone seen a stat change or bonus reaching the ultimate dark or light side screen??? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

on the xbox... :angry:

grr...i think my brother's xbox live account should still have hours of access time... -_- may have to patch the game...after my first run thru... :turnip2:

well, after extensive reading of all the faqs and etc out there, i still am not sure which modifier gives you force points and what exactly high charisma and wisdom do respectively...

well, my best advice is if you're building a counselor, get good high numbers in both, and save levels...at level 11, (dual at 4) my scoundrel counselor has 100 :o force points..and he hits a lot harder and effectively with melee than my soldier counselor with much higher and better attack bonuses... :rolleyes:

oh yeah, anyone ever carry around ordo's heavy blaster???

:o :o :o

i don't care that blaster rifles do more damage, i don't care that more of my npcs have better skills with blaster rifles, or that jurgen hobra's assault rifle (sp?) can do energy, fire and cold damage with every shot, or that zalbar's bowcaster has an incredibly high threat range for sniper shot...

IT JUST LOOKS AND SOUNDS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

it snarls like a heavy automatic blaster... :o :o :o :^^:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#9 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:31 PM

The repairs are worth the trouble if you're playing with HK.

hk is fun!!!

lets kill him, kill him!!!

shall i dispose of griff now, master?

urm...after i finish the game for the first time, i am planning a little fanfic crossover story...

knights of the baldur's gate...

with hk as edwin...

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

"obviously these wookies are overawed by my cybernetic superiority...(for meatbags they're not too bad...)

i've got everyone pegged, with mission as imoen, jolee as jan :o :o :o zaalbar as minsc, t3 as boo :huh: carth as valygar....

bastilla as jaheira... :P :P :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:41 AM

Heh, I bet that it'll be fun.

#11 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:31 AM

I would have said Jaherra would be Juhani :huh: But then again it could jsut be that I think they sound similar
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#12 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:11 PM

I would have said Jaherra would be Juhani :huh: But then again it could jsut be that I think they sound similar

the force could find a place here if it was properly cleansed and balanced...

juhani is the tough one..

i think its closer to a matter of how we all percieve the personalities...i think bastilla is closest to jaheira, but that's just me...

well, before i write that piece, which mostly has jolee talking about his cousin dax jansen... ^_^ and hk imitating edwin, i got some more stories on the front burner, and the game to finish first... :mellow:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#13 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:34 PM

Juhani and Jaheira have the same voice actor. As characters, however, I see very little they have in common.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#14 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:40 PM

some more updates...

according to someone, the charisma increase will affect how cheap light side powers are, which really make a lot of sense..

besides, i am playing scoundrel guardian now, and having so much fun!!!!!!!!!

bounce around like a rubber ball, and hit evil sneak attack IX whenever anyone turns their back on me...at mannan, before making the base assault, in the hanger, i killed all five sith before julanni and bastilla even caught up with me...they were spread out, so i bounced from one to the other, hitting incredibly hard...

scoundrel guardian is by far the most cheesy combat class ever...

and with 14 in both charisma and wisdom, i should get well over 150 forcepoints tword the end, right now i have 130... :o :turnip2:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#15 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:07 AM

well, i have 14 char and 20 wis and 2 force point regen. i cast spells like a madman and do insane damage with dual sabers due to criticals. :D
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#16 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:51 AM

well, i have 14 char and 20 wis and 2 force point regen. i cast spells like a madman and do insane damage with dual sabers due to criticals. :D

force regeneration is broken in the game, and so far no patches to fix it. some people have tested it, and apparently its broken.

i am beginning to formulate a logical theory. as to whether or not a really logical theory corresponds to reality is another matter.. ^_^

wis affects saves, most effectively on will saves, with lesser affect on fort and reflex saves.

charisma will affect how cheap light and dark side powers are.

both affect force points.

this implies that an 18 wis and 14 char is the most effective spell caster, given reasonable attributes distribution...

14 str
16 dex +2
8 con
8 int
15 wis +3
14 cha

may be for me the best stats possible for my ultimate cheesy uber character...

high defense, since many many str items exist in the game...besides, he's a guardian...will eventually get the +3 bonus from light side...

all important stats are in multiples of 4 to maximize benefits...see stam's wonderful guide for the exact reasons...

http://db.gamefaqs.c...or_gameplay.txt

double bladed light sabre and a blaster rifle...

yep, blaster rifle...

after force jumping to the middle of a swirling melee, if a enemy is foolish enough to turn their back on me, but just a bit too far away to reach in the next round, switch over to blaster rifle, easy with a double bladed light sabre, and inflict insane sneak attack damage, taking advantage of the evil +10 to attack a point blank ranged attack gives you...switch right back next round, cause you're in the middle of the enemy formation... :o
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#17 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:10 AM

in v3 i think its not broken anymore....
double bladed sabre is not as good as dual wilding. with it you can use both the best crystals.
how cheap a power is is governed by your alignment. cha affects persuade and how hard the power is to resist.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:01 AM

Yes, the most recent patch fixes the force regen.

#19 Aszlari Swordbringer

Aszlari Swordbringer

Sexy Bothan Chick

• 95 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

The question still has not been answered about the max Dark/Light bonuses. I, too, have the Xbox version and though I have gotten to both extremes with all three Jedi classes, I have never gotten any of the bonuses. Which is really too bad, because with a high WIS/CHA level 2/18 Soldier/Consular (it is not "Counselor," people!) one would have enough Force Points to fill up the Maw with several left over.

#20 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:08 PM

the only thing i know is you get 50% cheaper powers for your alignment...