Unsanctioned use...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 -Roangore-

-Roangore-

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:35 AM

Hello,

My main character is a female sorcerer, and I have just completed all the planar sphere quests, but I still can find no way into the Unsanctioned use of magical energy quest.
Can someone drop me a hint here how to start this? Or is it a strictly mage quest that sorcerer's have no access to?

One more question, to get to Hlondeth am I meant to travel 312 hours? I thought Iread somewhere there was a boat from the docks, but have searched all over and found nothing yet.

#2 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

but I did review my own scripts and I wasn't able to find one of the codes, so I'll go back through it and play test it again.

Like I said, I did go back through all the codes and I must apologize. Seems when I redid the weidu'ing code to make the original areas "weidu'ified", I forgot to add in the creature for one of the areas. Sorry, and I did redo it for the upcoming build.

If you are playing the game version 148, anytime you're in the government building---
ONLY IN THE GOVERNMENT BUILDING WHERE YOU CAN FIND BYLANNA!!!!---- use your console and create the creature "CBCWLWRY". That's the one that you'll need to talk with for the quest. If you've done the planer sphere quests and you talk to him, you'll get the quest. If anyone hasn't done the sphere quests yet, you can still talk with him- but the quest won't 'activate' until you do the sphere.
Play SoS! And then play CtB!

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:07 PM

I can't find Miranda. Sorta.

I found A miranda in the Temple district, but no new dialogue options were availible, so I couldn't capture (killing didn't work) her.

I've looked everywhere! Where the heck is she?!

Oh, on the positive side, i'm enjoying the mod (especially the fient with velvetfoot).

#4 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:40 PM

"Miranda" as part of CtB is not part of the Unsanctioned Magical use quest.

If you're looking for CtB's Miranda, try a popular hangout for NPCs.

If you're looking for a trollop, you're going to have to search Athkatla very very "well".

#5 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:26 PM

No longer "Guest." Finally registered.

Anyways...

Checked Copper Coronet...still...can't find...

No problem, though. I'll keep looking.

#6 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:49 PM

Hmmm...maybe in the sewers under the CC? Doesn't appear to be in the CC.

Maybe I should re-check all those other innes...again.

Dang it, CBisson, your sadistic! :D

Must...find...

#7 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:19 PM

I must be overlooking something...has anyone any suggestions for where to look?

I've checked all innes...roamed the districts at night and day...and nothing.

CB, you've got me stumped. :bash:

#8 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:48 AM

Where the heck is she?!

I checked all inns, went to trademeet and checked the "well" (heh) and searched about every building in Athkatla.

Is there something REALLY obvious i'm overlooking?!

#9 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:07 PM

From the CtB Website:

#  Melynda

* Melynda can be found in the Copper Coronet.  However, the folks that you have to talk with in order to help her are much more elusive.  As of version 145, there is only a "good" version of this quest.  I had intended to make it a good or evil quest, but never did.  Perhaps some day I will.

If you're looking for her because some Cowls told you to, you're taking the "evil" path and will *never* find her. If you're looking for a mage because *A* Cowl told you to, then you're going to have to look much more "well" than you have and perhaps even look "down" to your feet as you walk around Athkatla.

#10 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:59 PM

Started new game (wasn't that far), and found Melynda again. She needs something to write on...and she points to the bar.

But there isn't anything near the bar, or in the CC that she can write on (she refuses to write on scrolls. *cough* spoiled *cough*).

Is this what you meant by finding the two people that can help her? Will I have to find someone with some paper?

Or did I screw up again and break another quest?

#11 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:44 AM

Started new game (wasn't that far), and found Melynda again. She needs something to write on...and she points to the bar.

But there isn't anything near the bar, or in the CC that she can write on (she refuses to write on scrolls. *cough* spoiled *cough*).

Is this what you meant by finding the two people that can help her? Will I have to find someone with some paper?

I won't answer that question.

Or did I screw up again and break another quest?

View Post

Nope. You didn't screw up.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:51 AM

Whew.

Well, i'll keep trying. There has to be paper around the bar somewhere...

#13 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:22 PM

maybe a person *near* the bar has some? ;)

#14 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:06 PM

maybe a person *near* the bar has some? ;)

View Post

Bernard has none, Lethtinen is his usual grumpy, worthless self...i'll keep looking. Maybe i'm missing someone. I hope I didn't break this quest like I did in my last game... :unsure:

#15 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:05 PM

Maybe i'm missing someone.

Sure seems like it.

Like you said:

there isn't anything near the bar, or in the CC that she can write on

#16 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:45 PM

GOOD LORD, I'M AN IDIOT! STUPID! STUPID!

I simply traveled, like any good citizen, to-<spoiler deleted>. I can't believe I never just tried to go out and <spoiler deleted>

You've humbled me, CB. You've also made me feel like a complete moronic fool.

Edited by Blitzerland to prevent giving away the quest. Sorry! Hope that didn't ruin anyone's experience before I remembered the spoiler and edi-nerfed it.

Edited by Blitz, 15 November 2004 - 08:16 PM.

#17 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:14 PM

Well, Ceebio, I completed the quest. Nice ending might I add, it was completly unexpected, and well-worth it.

I also enjoyed your Close to Home quest...a true battle, as they say. I also made a fortune from the armor I picked off the ground :D

I do have a minor bug you might want to be aware of: after Valiant rewards you, you are unable to talk to him (I.E. he has nothing to say to you), and subsequently, unable to purchase from him.

Thanks for the (so far) two excellent quests!

This board is henceforth rid of me now that I know my game wasn't buggered and I completed the quest.

Well, almost. Once more question: what is the difference between Masterworks items and normal versions of items? Is it just a brand name?

Chao!

#18 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:46 PM

I do have a minor bug you might want to be aware of: after Valiant rewards you, you are unable to talk to him (I.E. he has nothing to say to you), and subsequently, unable to purchase from him.

Thank you. I will look into it.

Well, almost. Once more question: what is the difference between Masterworks items and normal versions of items? Is it just a brand name?

Yeah. It's the Icewind Dale II Incorporated brand name (shhhhh).

#19 Blitz

Blitz

Tabby Master

• 337 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:11 PM

Oh, and just to be an annoying little weasel, I may have found another bug. Lavok is dead, Planar sphere quests are complete, but no "Unsanctioned Use of Magical Energy" quest begins.

Oh, and I tried CLUAing in that one guy discussed at the beginning of this thread (wasn't that v148 though?), and discovered he was only that one...uh..."odd" cowl i'd already met. Still couldn't get the quest.

I have v150.

Do I have to complete all the mage stronghold quests, too? I just did the "main" kill-Lavok-escape-sphere quest. Or is this a heiniously evil, still-unfixed from V148, spleen-punching bug??

#20 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:48 PM

Do I have to complete all the mage stronghold quests, too? I just did the "main" kill-Lavok-escape-sphere quest. Or is this a heiniously evil, still-unfixed from V148, spleen-punching bug??

All of the super-class quests require the player to either have a stronghold or near to completion of the original stronghold quests. In thecase of the planer sphere stronghold quests, if memory serves, it becomes "active" upon surviving the ambush.